Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-24-2002, 11:31 AM #1
PbPimp18
It came!! Yippy!!

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Help with My Rebel!!!

Ok i got my Rebel and i was shooting and it worked great, i tooked it to part just to see whats inside and then when i put it back together it wouldnt shoot so i sent it back and their sending me a new one but now i am afraid to take apart my Rebel, the only thing i am worrying about it when i break paint and lubing it. The paint part i think i might have figured out a way to clean it bc when my bros spyder broke paint it was only in the barrel so i could just unscrew the barrel and clean it and the lubing i heard i could just put a few drops in where the CO2 screws in and in the cocking chamber, can i do this? Also, when u broke paint on ur Rebel is all the paint just in the barrel or did you have some still inside your gun? want my gun to stay in perfect condintion but i dont want to take it apart bc i dont want to break it AGAIN!
Please help! Thanks

P.S. How could you help me out and what should I do? Please Help!

Drew

Originall posted by Black Ice 72
"Pain passes, chicks dig skars, glory... lasts forever."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2002, 01:35 PM #2
spud majic
BR Machine

it could have benn that you put the bolt in upside down, it could have been the valve was put back in backwards. these are common mistakes that happen. usually paint wont go behind the bolt unless you chop a ball. next time you have to take your gu apart just make sure you put everything back in the exact way it came out.
www.geocities.com/brmachineco
Old 02-24-2002, 01:53 PM #3
PbPimp18
It came!! Yippy!!

Can I oil my gun that way? how could the bolt go in upside down and how can tell and how do i no f i put the vavle in backwards? Thanks

Old 02-24-2002, 01:54 PM #4
PbPimp18
It came!! Yippy!!

Can I oil my gun that way? how could the bolt go in upside down and how can tell (will it cock it its upside down? )and how do i no if i put the vavle in backwards? Thanks

Old 02-24-2002, 10:21 PM #5
spud majic
BR Machine

you can oil your gun that way but the old diry contaminated oil will still be in there. putting the bolt in upside down is just a matter of turning it 180 degrees so that the gas opening is in the top rather than the bottom. it is a very common mistake in top cocking quick strip bolts like that on a standard rebel. the valve being in backwards is just a matter of putting the end that is suposed to face the back of the gun twards the front. also if the holes in the valve did not line up with the set screw undernieth the trigger frame the valve will not pass gas to the bolt just the the hammer.
Old 02-26-2002, 03:58 PM #6
PbPimp18
It came!! Yippy!!

If i oil it that way will lit eventually ruin the insides? even in a just put a couple of drops in the top cocking hole this will be bad?

Old 02-26-2002, 06:09 PM #7
spud majic
BR Machine

oiling your gun isnt bad... its not cleaning out the old oil first that isnt good. all the dirt and matel that is in there will still be there but just with more oil. it has to be cleaned for it to last properly.