He doesn't know this...
Old 06-23-2001, 01:24 PM #23
Accord
WDP *********

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Brnzbuddha
He doesn't know this...
And what are you basing your response on... Nothing Thats what I thought.

My board is in euro mode right now, how did I do it? hmm, well lets read above shall we. I actually did it to mine by accident, when I found I could not change modes or anything I called up warped in nebraska and they said I locked my board in euro mode... thats how i know. then they told me what it does, blah blah.

And a tech will not turn you down on putting your gun in euro mode at a tourney, I mean... its just common sense.

Angellcdblue007- Rec ball players dont need a new board... well tourney players dont either.

WDP has alot of good, smart people working for them. they are not going to be stupid and just make a new board. that would mean they would have to deal with serial #'s and alot of other things. they would modify your current board at a tourney or something, probably remove the 5 pin datalink port and put your gun in euro mode as I mentioned above.

Last edited by Accord : 06-23-2001 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2001, 01:54 PM #24
bunkerfunky

My take on the rule........

I too have a Euro board (and an F stamp). But it is easily unlockable as Accord has mentioned.

The ruling is to prohibit players from cheating the system- ie: cheat codes/switches, or any device that will allow the marker to be shot in a mode other than semi. I am sure you have all heard stories of magnetic switch, trigger codes, etc......something the chrono judges won't catch. This is what (IMO) they are trying to prevent.

So.......any chip that can be programmed beyond semi, would disqualify your marker. Since the current LCD board has enough "space" on it to hold 26 fire modes that someone could find a cheat to access during the game, they want a board that doesn't have any option other than semi (the Euro board can be opened up to modes other than semi). IMO they will probably HAVE to sell a seperate board that only has semi on the chip and room for nothing else and have it be inspectable somehow. The of it as a Nascar tech inspection .

We shall see next year what happens......
Old 06-23-2001, 02:45 PM #25
digital

digital is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by Outcast
Accord,

I don't mean to sound like an a**hole but , how do you know this ?
besides the fact that he runs AOG and probably emailed/called a tech...?
Old 06-25-2001, 02:13 PM #26
PBalla(LCD)
Look before you leap....

I asked my angel tech at exotic sportz, and he said all Nppl tournaments will have the equipment to turn your lcd board into a Euro locked board...... no new board needed, just have your store do it, get it done at a WDP booth... or if you have a data-link, do it yourself