Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-21-2001, 01:40 AM #1
sh0rty

sh0rty is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Arrow New NPPL Rule Concern

i was reading at:
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/tour...go/index.shtml
...how they will inforce the only guns semi or pump modes only....will this mean we will have to get our boards programed or changed so that we can use our angels....it better not end up being something to pay for i hope.
Advertisement
Old 06-21-2001, 01:52 AM #2
digital

digital is a founding member
"Also, as a result of rules committee decisions, ultimage judge Bill Cookston announced that beginning with the 2002 season the league will allow paintguns capable of pump or semi-automatic modes only (no burst, turbo, or other enhanced modes.) This varies from the present rule which allows paintguns capable of these alternate modes so long as they are "locked out" on the field. "
-warpig

if your lazy...
Old 06-21-2001, 02:07 AM #3
sh0rty

sh0rty is a Supporting Member
thats why im asking what do they mean by "locked out" cause while in mode b its locked out from the other modes......so.....
Old 06-21-2001, 04:42 AM #4
hadji
hhhmm...

hadji is a founding member
hadji owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
yes we are all gonna have to get new boards they should be free from WDP they'll just be european boards
Old 06-21-2001, 10:07 AM #5
Overkill

Quote:
Originally posted by hadji
yes we are all gonna have to get new boards they should be free from WDP they'll just be european boards

And the Key Word there is .......SHOULD BE free.
Old 06-21-2001, 10:36 AM #6
FizNid

It better freaking be free. Can't the Euro boards be unlocked though with the datalink and some tinkering? If they could maybe WDP could release a patch to make the board semi only. Either way I think it would be crap to have to pay for another board.

FizNid
Old 06-21-2001, 10:50 AM #7
Trinity

The only word I am looking at is LOCK DOWN.

If a gun caqn only be changed by dissasembeling it and then changing it will this qualify. Heres my theory, Angels will be fine since it is not a locking mechanism but a board setting... If all the judge can see is the MODE B how does he know if the board is modeB only or not? I think there are other guns with external switches for settings and this may be what the rule is concerning..

Guess we will wait and see...

Trinity
Old 06-21-2001, 12:47 PM #8
Adrenalin Junkie

Yes this is seriously ****. I mean the Angel is a TOURNAMENT GUN. It is one of the few TOURNAMENT good guns, and now we can't use em? That is seriously DUM. The board had better be free, and yet a good board too. I am seriously mad about this, cuz it is ruining everything ANGEL stands for in my opinion. Dear god, are tourney players gonna hafta use Cockers now?

Adrenalin Ironman LCD-Conquest-Freak, FS, PM Me

Zumbro Factory thanks:
Evil Paintball Products
Brimstone Smokin Gear
National Paintball Supply

GO OAKLAND ASSASSINS
Old 06-21-2001, 01:01 PM #9
pirate
mutiny!

pirate is a Supporting Member
pirate is a founding member
This rule has been tossed around for a month or two. It only applies to things that are externally adjustable, they must be locked down with some sort of tourney cap. I.E. the Boo Yah frames will not be allowed because they are externally changeable from semi to full, and can be changed on the field.
Old 06-21-2001, 02:17 PM #10
digital

digital is a founding member
"This varies from the present rule which allows paintguns capable of these alternate modes so long as they are "locked out" on the field. "

This means that any gun capable of anything BUT semi (i.e. angel) will need a new board that has SEMI ONLY. It does not matter how you can change the modes, if it is capable, then you need a new board.

I suggest someone email frazer about the new boards?
Old 06-21-2001, 04:44 PM #11
mr_mich
Too hot for TV.

mr_mich is a Supporting Member
This is a flame waiting to happen but here goes... That's what some of you angel owners get for bashing our semi-only electro's!
Old 06-21-2001, 05:03 PM #12
SenorFartman

just to clarify, the euro boards are semi only cause with their firearms rule, anything capable of shooting more than 1 projectile per trigger pull is illegal and will get yo *** in jail. this includes paintball guns
Old 06-21-2001, 06:09 PM #13
Cowboy

I heard that this rule was kinda directed at Bob longs intimidator, the settings can be changed on it almost without a hand leaving the grip. They are already making semi only boards for them and will be allowed with the new board. The timmy also defaults back to semi as soon as you switch off, switch on, too easy... makes for bad business. So you could actually change from semi to turbo and back again on the field. I'm sure other markers have this capability but the timmy is TOO easy

If you run, you will only die tired.
Old 06-22-2001, 03:04 AM #14
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
The new rule does qualify for Angels. Anyone that plays NPPL will need a semi-only board. Anyone who doesn't actually play NPPL shouldn't worry about it, just because a local tourney advertises 'NPPL Rules' I don't think they'd be so petty as to worry about your board being capable of internally changing modes of fire, local tournaments need the turnout. In the NPPL the level of competition is much higher so regulations like this one are neccessary.
Old 06-22-2001, 03:06 AM #15
BlitzPA9

BlitzPA9 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by mr_mich
That's what some of you angel owners get for bashing our semi-only electro's!
Who bashes semi-only electro's? I guarantee 90% of us have never taken our LCD's out of B mode, I know I haven't.
Old 06-22-2001, 10:54 AM #16
Malice
Quote:
Originally posted by Cowboy
I heard that this rule was kinda directed at Bob longs intimidator, the settings can be changed on it almost without a hand leaving the grip. They are already making semi only boards for them and will be allowed with the new board. The timmy also defaults back to semi as soon as you switch off, switch on, too easy... makes for bad business. So you could actually change from semi to turbo and back again on the field. I'm sure other markers have this capability but the timmy is TOO easy
While true the Intimy's can have there mode of fire changed by pushing a button there is a tourny lock in the grip so you can't do this during a game.

The Boards better be free. I have four LCD Angels and there is not way I'm springing for four new boards.

Old 06-22-2001, 12:23 PM #17
Scorch
Just a nice guy in a mask

Scorch is a Supporting Member
Well... they will have to be all new boards..

'cause Euro Boards are just software restricted versions of the standard (US) board.

As FizNid alluded to, 5 seconds with a datalink and some Comm software or SexyAngel will unlock the Euro from B only.

I know. I've done it for friends that got locked Darks by accident.

WDP will need to release a B only board with no dataport and PIC (the main brain of the LCD) with no re writing ability.

This is costly and doubt it will be free to the Angel Owner.

Scorch
Old 06-22-2001, 01:59 PM #18
FizNid

I guess we will have to wait and see... watch it be a 2002 angel feature that way they can screw everyone over that has older models. I love a gun that costs so much and still sucks money out of you.

FizNid

BTW that wasn't a flame against angels up there. I have a dark angel and love it but the thing goes through money like a girlfriend.
Old 06-22-2001, 08:14 PM #19
Accord
WDP *********

You don't need a new board, you dont need anything. All you need to do is put your board in European Mode. Euro Mode makes it so it is impossible to change the mode on your gun even with the 2 black buttons when you open your grip so you are pretty much stuck in semi.

You need a datalink to do this.

Don't worry though, if you goto an NPPL and you dont have your board in euro mode then im sure if you bring it to the wdp booth or another tech's booth they will doit for you.
Old 06-23-2001, 08:24 AM #20
Outcast

Accord,

I don't mean to sound like an a**hole but , how do you know this ?
Old 06-23-2001, 11:10 AM #21
angellcdblue007
Angelz Rule

ok, ok listen if wdp thought that the rule would change they would start making different boards now. and stop selling the older ones. but, what about the people who dont play tourney and juts rec ball????
Team Paradox