PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-20-2004, 09:15 AM #22
elTwitcho

has been a member for 10 years
You know, it's kind of nuts but I see widespread civil unrest being the norm for America within the next 20 years. You guys are way too polarized and it's only inevitable that if you don't stop acting like a bunch of ****ing nutjob fanatics it's going to boil over. Seriously, I think you guys are screwed.

Oh and you're also going bankrupt but that's another issue entirely.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-20-2004, 09:26 AM #23
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

RedfordRenegade plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally posted by P8le Dricmade
Please allow me to take every instance of "right", "conservative", "GOP", and replace every conservative name in there with names of Times and Washington Post editors.

Guess what? It is the SAME EXACT ARGUMENT FOR BOTH SIDES!

There are just as many liberal "anti-Americans" as there are "right wing nutjobs".

So the whole long paragraph where you mustered up your finest big words was a big rant and ramble about what everybody already knows about the RIGHT and LEFT.

Oh yeah, that LIBERAL media.....the media that are contrary to your own shovel up the *** politics? Riiiiiiggghttt. I'll get right on that. The only difference in your aguement is that one subset of your arguement makes laws for the country in an office elected by the people, for the people.

The other subset objectively states facts with a hint of left-leaning leverage, yet they are contrary to your beliefs so you castrate them....indeed..working together for a better future.

You don't like it write a letter, I write one to one of my representitives about every week. You don't like it, watch FAUX news, it's your choice not mine.

Although I do agree that there are as many liberal "anti-americans" as "right wing nutjobs".
Maybe the future lies within the Moderate ranks, of which I consider myself, yet I'm sure a grand bunch of Bush Republicans would call me a "liberal"

♥♥♥Sunset SonicCyborg #0223♥♥♥
♣♣♣Ranjerz Digi Cyborg #0003♣♣♣
Old 08-20-2004, 09:44 AM #24
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Originally posted by RedfordRenegade

Although I do agree that there are as many liberal "anti-americans" as "right wing nutjobs".
Maybe the future lies within the Moderate ranks, of which I consider myself, yet I'm sure a grand bunch of Bush Republicans would call me a "liberal"
You are a liberal. I have seen your posts. You are consistently liberal on the issues and attack the right.

You can take a look at MY posts. I am conservative, not independent. But, I follow no ideologue. I see flaws in both sides, and CHOOSE to lean to the right.

I could post my political compass scores to show that I am very moderately conservative. From your demeanor you seem to be denouncing non-moderates/independents. I assure you, there is nothing wrong with being conservative or liberal. Many people choose to simply be non-partisan. And, of course, I don't believe you are one of them.

And for the record, "Bush Republicans" are different than your typical Republican/conservative.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:52 AM #25
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

RedfordRenegade plays in the APPA D4 division
Agreed, although I would definately do away with or clean up social spending, look for ways to streamline government operations, and cut spending wayyyyy back.

At least the Democrats tax before they spend. Heh.

♥♥♥Sunset SonicCyborg #0223♥♥♥
♣♣♣Ranjerz Digi Cyborg #0003♣♣♣
Old 08-20-2004, 12:01 PM #26
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

Quote:
Originally posted by elTwitcho
Technically, we were bankrupt a loooong time ago.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:06 PM #27
elTwitcho

Ok, MORE bankrupt

EDIT: Cue someone to come in and say "hey man, it's not like I have to pay the national debt, who cares about that ****?"

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 08-20-2004, 01:20 PM #28
-=Archer=-

Quote:
o, he calls Kerry a liar, by admitting his own liar-dom? I'd trust him to dictate our nations policy.
This is a subject that we may never know the truth, I'd be happy if it were to fade away. It wont though as both sides have touted thier "war experience" to the hilt.
Although when a guy that wasn't even in Kerry's boat makes discretditing remarks, I'd question that. When a guy that Kerry pulled out of the water recalls receiving gunfire when Kerry pulled him out, it seems to me I'd think is genuine.
For more info on persons of this ilk, read the following.
No, Mr Thrulow isn't lying about the medal he received. He didn't lie about what was in the citaton. This whole thing plays on the public's ignorance on how medals are awarded. I know because I was in the military and I know how they are awarded. It also plays on the ignorance of people lack of knowledge on military structure.

First, you don't ask for awards, you have to be nominated by your peers. Mr Thrulow didn't walk up to his CO and say, "I want a medal, here is what happen give it to me." Thurlow says in your link that Kerry fabricated what had happened that day and as a result Thulow recieved that medal. Now I don't know why he didn't renounced it then but it seems to me he should have if it wasn't true. Either way, Kerry still lied. And even if you want to refute me on this issue still I have one word for you. Cambodia. Another lie of Kerry's.

Second, it is not "a guy," there are more than one person who endorse the SBVFT, I think it is 60 but I am not sure.

Disclaimer: My spelling and grammer are terrible.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:48 PM #29
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
he calls Kerry a liar, by admitting his own liar-dom? I'd trust him to dictate our nations policy.
You mean you'd trust Kerry? Or were you saying you'd trust Thurlow? If the latter, were you being serious or sarcastic?

Either way, Thurlow won't be dictating national anything. He's not a candidate, nor on any list I've seen of potential nominees.

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

"I don't understand the point of this thread..." - zack

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:53 PM #30
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
You know, it's kind of nuts but I see widespread civil unrest being the norm for America within the next 20 years. You guys are way too polarized and it's only inevitable that if you don't stop acting like a bunch of ****ing nutjob fanatics it's going to boil over. Seriously, I think you guys are screwed.

OMG!!!!111 John Titior was right!!!!11
Old 08-20-2004, 05:59 PM #31
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:

It's an election year. Of course there polarization.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:08 PM #32
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Twitch.. Don't focus on the deficit so much.. The deficit isn't even a major factor in a nation's economic stance.. As I have said probably a million times..

LEARN ECONOMICS! GFG

BTW.. Our nation will come together when the next Reagan comes along..
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 08-20-2004, 07:40 PM #33
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Hah, reagan... please. Our country will be good when the next Clinton comes along.
Old 08-20-2004, 07:41 PM #34
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

What I'm really waiting for is the next Andrew Jackson. That guy could get things done.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:15 PM #35
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

I say Samuel L Jackson. Unless he's running against a shark, in which case he's screwed.

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

"I don't understand the point of this thread..." - zack

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:52 PM #36
JLothrop

Bad movie reference... I'm disappointed...