Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-19-2004, 01:43 PM #1
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

has been a member for 10 years
RedfordRenegade plays in the APPA D4 division
Swift boat Veterans for Truth apparently not very truthful.

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGB9ATWE2YD.html

It turns out the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth aren't very truthful. Do we then know if in fact their boats were even swift?
Besides,
While Kerry claims to have been under fire, he was really conceiving a love child with a negro. Oh, no wait...that was Mccain, the other war hero.

Typical election year politics:
1) Slander opponent with outright lies, exagerations, and falsehoods.
2) Opponent spends time and money refuting claims established in (1)
3) Opponent is discredited in peoples mind even though he/she proves he/she is innocent of said lies, exagerations, and falsehoods.
4) move forth with election

It is always sad to see this tactic in use.

♥♥♥Sunset SonicCyborg #0223♥♥♥
♣♣♣Ranjerz Digi Cyborg #0003♣♣♣
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2004, 01:49 PM #2
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
While Kerry claims to have been under fire, he was really conceiving a love child with a negro. Oh, no wait...that was Mccain, the other war hero.
Source, you racist bastard.

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

"I don't understand the point of this thread..." - zack

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:04 PM #3
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

RedfordRenegade plays in the APPA D4 division
Why do you need a source? Look back at the slander campaign that Bush ran against McCain in the primaries.
John McCain lost South Carolina because of outright lies and fabrications that Bush's supporters started.
They broke out with the whole machine as McCain had carried New Hampshire, allegations of drug abuse, alcoholism, and yes even rumors of having a love child with a person of African American descent.
I'm sure your kidding about the whole "racist bastard" thing.

♥♥♥Sunset SonicCyborg #0223♥♥♥
♣♣♣Ranjerz Digi Cyborg #0003♣♣♣
Old 08-19-2004, 02:44 PM #4
hiaseas
Tool

I love how Bush attacks other peoples combat records while never having seen combat himself.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:53 PM #5
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
I love how Bush attacks other peoples combat records while never having seen combat himself.
Now you KNOW I have to use the Slinger-word on that one. Quoting Kerry's accusation today won't count. Link me to one legitimate source of the President attacking Kerry's war record. One.

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:53 PM #6
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

Quote:
Originally posted by hiaseas
Don't forget the deserting. Gotta love that...
Old 08-19-2004, 02:58 PM #7
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
Don't forget the deserting. Gotta love that...
I await proof of that one as well.

Old 08-19-2004, 02:58 PM #8
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

Quote:
Originally posted by Brewmaster
Now you KNOW I have to use the Slinger-word on that one. Quoting Kerry's accusation today won't count. Link me to one legitimate source of the President attacking Kerry's war record. One.
Bush had an ad attacking Kerry's war record. Give me a couple minutes and I will get a source.

EDIT: Here is a source.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news...p_world _news

As is implied in the first paragraph, Kerry's war record has been attacked by Bush.

Last edited by El Presidente : 08-19-2004 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:59 PM #9
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

Quote:
Originally posted by Brewmaster
I await proof of that one as well.
Have you been living under a rock?

EDIT: Here is a "biased" source

http://www.carolinapeace.org/viewArticle.php?id=58

EDIT EDIT: Here is a very lengthy one.

http://www.glcq.com/bush_at_arpc1.htm

Last edited by El Presidente : 08-19-2004 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:02 PM #10
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
EDIT: Here is a source.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/new...=top_world_news

As is implied in the first paragraph, Kerry's war record has been attacked by Bush.
Try again. Read the source first next time.

Quote:

At least you admit the source is biased.

Quote:

Yup, you admitted that it was long....

Gotta love conspiracy theories....

Old 08-19-2004, 04:24 PM #11
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Originally posted by El Presidente

No, by a Republican group. ::cough cough:: Swift boat.

Read a bit below that:
Quote:
``John Kerry knows that President Bush has said that his service in Vietnam was noble service,'' said Steve Schmidt, a spokesman for President George W. Bush's campaign.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:45 PM #12
-=Archer=-

Redford you need to finish reading the first source you posted. Larry Thurlow admits what is in his citiation is not what happened that day. According to Mr Thurlow his own citation is a fabrication. If that is true then Mr Thurlow is correct when he accuses Kerry of being a liar.

Disclaimer: My spelling and grammer are terrible.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:10 PM #13
Mugatu__
he's so hot right now

"especially his claim that U.S. troops committed war crimes with the knowledge of their officers up the chain of command. "

Not that I have a source, but it's quite true that soldiers in Veitnam commited war crimes.

"He said he would not authorize release of his military records because he feared the Kerry campaign would discredit him. "

Or because it may show something that might hurt his case aginst Kerry...

So, who to believe? A registered Republican searching for 15 mins of fame, or a man that Kerry saved out of a river under fire?
Old 08-19-2004, 05:30 PM #14
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
This reminded me of a damning newspiece I found on the BBC... ****! WHAT THE HELL WAS IT!
Old 08-19-2004, 07:40 PM #15
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by El Presidente
Have you been living under a rock?

none of that is proof, proof=evidence(not somebodys opinion)
Old 08-19-2004, 09:07 PM #16
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Hah, you quoted me in your sig. I shall live on well past my days in memory! What a GLORIOUS day!
Old 08-20-2004, 01:08 AM #17
JLothrop

Slinger... you just always have to say something...