Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-19-2004, 05:19 PM #1
Mugatu__
he's so hot right now

has been a member for 10 years
A brief description of Bush's campaign.

"...a long habit of not thinking a thing WRONG, gives it a superficial appearance of being RIGHT, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine, Common Sense

That seems like a pretty decent summary of Bush's campaign. He thinks that if he repeats a lie enough, people will think that it is a truth. It seems to be working. Most people will use 9/11 as a justification of the Iraq war thanks to Bush. Most people think that Al-Quida is linked to Saddam, thanks to Bush. Most people think that stem cell research is the same as killing babies, thanks to Bush. Most people think that Kerry's war record is exaggerated and fabricated, thanks to Bush and Bush supporters. Most people think that Bush is the only person that will stop terrorism, thanks to Bush.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2004, 06:09 PM #2
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Re: A brief description of Bush's campaign.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mugatu__
Most people will use 9/11 as a justification of the Iraq war thanks to Bush. Most people think that Al-Quida is linked to Saddam, thanks to Bush. Most people think that stem cell research is the same as killing babies, thanks to Bush. Most people think that Kerry's war record is exaggerated and fabricated, thanks to Bush and Bush supporters. Most people think that Bush is the only person that will stop terrorism, thanks to Bush.
9/11 wasn't the reason we are in Iraq, budddddy.

Al-Qaeda has links to Saddam, buddddddy.

Culling stem cells DOES kill embryos, and Bush only restricted it... buddddddy.

Kerry's war record is somewhat exaggerated. But, guess what? Bush's administration never bashed it, nor did his "buddies". As I sourced in another thread, Bush said Kerry's involvment is honorable.

Seeing as Bush's foreign policies, especially related to the War on Terror, are better developed than those of Kerry's, yes, he is probably better than Kerry in this area. Even Democratic strategists know this, hence why they do not bring up the war often, but more domestic issues.

You're my new buddy.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:15 PM #3
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

"I do not like snoopy reporter with lack of fashion sense, not one little bit."

"Do you understand that the world does not revolve around you and your do whatever it takes, ruin as many people's lives, so long as you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied along the way, just so long so you can make a name for yourself as an investigatory journalist, no matter how many friends you lose or people you leave dead and bloodied and dying along the way?!"

How's that for a summary of the Kerry campaign?

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

"I don't understand the point of this thread..." - zack

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:23 PM #4
Azzkicka (Banned)

Re: Re: A brief description of Bush's campaign.

Quote:
Originally posted by P8le Dricmade

Kerry's war record is somewhat exaggerated. But, guess what? Bush's administration never bashed it, nor did his "buddies". As I sourced in another thread, Bush said Kerry's involvment is honorable.

Seeing as Bush's foreign policies, especially related to the War on Terror, are better developed than those of Kerry's, yes, he is probably better than Kerry in this area. Even Democratic strategists know this, hence why they do not bring up the war often, but more domestic issues.

You're my new buddy.
SOB beat me to it....
Old 08-19-2004, 08:43 PM #5
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Re: Re: A brief description of Bush's campaign.

Quote:
He knows.

Quote:
CBS News

Quote:
It's not like scientists were planning on harvesting human beings. They were planning on taking aborted fetuses and stem cells from bone marrow and other places from adults but Bush put restrictions on THOSE too. I'll make a new thread about it so I don't have to hijack this one. I'll put sources there.

Quote:
That's about how I feel.

Quote:
No, they bring up domestic issues more because that's most people's main complaint about Bush. He didn't pay enough attention to the economy and domestic issues. Kerry is using this as leverage. (s.)
Old 08-19-2004, 09:12 PM #6
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Re: Re: Re: A brief description of Bush's campaign.

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL

CBS News

^^This says there are no Iraq-Qaeda links
These do

Bush Stands by LInk

Case Closed

Cheney Blasts Media

Commission Confirms Links

Mathews interview with Kean, 9/11 Commission Chairman

Last edited by P8le Dricmade : 08-19-2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:01 PM #7
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Re: Re: Re: Re: A brief description of Bush's campaign.

Your first one just says Bush still thinks he's right.

Your second one is an obviously very conservative biased site.

Your third one just says Cheney still thinks he's right.

To quote you're fourth one:
[quote]The staff report concludes that:

Quote:
? Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden "explored possible cooperation with Iraq during his time in Sudan."
So Bin Laden thought about talking to Iraq. Not necessarily, Saddam, just Iraq.

Quote:
? "A senior Iraqi intelligence officer reportedly made three visits to Sudan, finally meeting bin Laden in 1994."
An Iraqi official, who may, or may not have been ordered by Saddam to go there, visited Sudan twice, possibly on different business, then met with one of the wealthiest men in Sudan. Strange? Not at all.

Quote:
? "Contacts between Iraq and al-Qaeda also occurred after bin Laden had returned to Afghanistan."
Contacts between Iraq and Al-Qaeda were made after Bin Laden was in Afghanistan. This could mean an Iraqi official, not under orders from Saddam, met with an Al-Qaeda official. Ok. Great.

Notice that each one of the claims is almost moronically vague.

To quote your fifth one:
Quote:
CHRIS MATTHEWS, HOST: This is a development a lot of people will find clarifying is that there was no direct connection between Saddam Hussein and 9/11.

THOMAS KEAN, 9/11 COMMISSION CHAIRMAN: Well, that's what our staff has found. Now, it doesn't mean there weren't al Qaeda connections with Iraq over the years. They're somewhat shadowy

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-19-2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:04 PM #8
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Without reading the sources, wasn't ol' one leg associated with O/Usama?

BTW I'm really sad that I got no response from ANYONE on my sillyass post....

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

"I don't understand the point of this thread..." - zack

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:27 PM #9
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A brief description of Bush's campaign.

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
Whatever you said
[/b]
Excuse me, but al Qaeda and Iraq link pertaining to 9/11 was NOT the topic. It was simply an Iraq and al Qaeda link at all.

I believe the Mathews-Kean discussion showed my point well.

It is well known that there was no Qaeda-Iraq collaboration with 9/11. Please, Slinger, everybody knows that.

Quote:
LEE HAMILTON, 9/11 COMMISSION VICE CHAIRMAN

What the governor referred to is also true. There are all kinds of ties. There are all kinds of connections. And it may very well have been that Osama bin Laden or some of his lieutenants met at some time with Saddam Hussein lieutenants.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:03 PM #10
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A brief description of Bush's campaign.

Quote:
Excuse me, but al Qaeda and Iraq link pertaining to 9/11 was NOT the topic. It was simply an Iraq and al Qaeda link at all.

I believe the Mathews-Kean discussion showed my point well.

It is well known that there was no Qaeda-Iraq collaboration with 9/11. Please, Slinger, everybody knows that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LEE HAMILTON, 9/11 COMMISSION VICE CHAIRMAN

What the governor referred to is also true. There are all kinds of ties. There are all kinds of connections. And it may very well have been that Osama bin Laden or some of his lieutenants met at some time with Saddam Hussein lieutenants.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even that statement is supremely vague. Everytime you hear anything about Iraq-Qaeda link, its always, "maybe" or "possibly". If they've spent years reviewing the evidence and the best they can say is, "It is shadowy", that should sound an alarm. It means they found almost nothing but a few circumstantial documents and maybe a few he said she saids. Maybe some guy named Curveball told them Iraq had Qaeda links.

If they did an investigation of Iran, Saudi Arabia, or Syria, I bet they'd find some "shadowy" link between them. It's a large terrorist organization that operates all over the middle east. How could they NOT have some link with some vague officer somewhere buried in the rank of corrupt government officials?

Let me know when they say a single definitive statement.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:27 PM #11
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

"There are all kinds of ties. There are all kinds of connections."

You damn well know there is.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:29 PM #12
Azzkicka (Banned)

bastards, i need to look up that 9/11 report, it states that iraq offered al-queada refuge. and dont try to say that they are biased
Old 08-19-2004, 11:38 PM #13
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

I finished the 9/11 report this morning. Only took a couple days. I am saddened to say it didn't include a couple sections that I wanted to see
Old 08-20-2004, 01:39 AM #14
JLothrop

We're doing this again?

I'm done fighting this battle... I already did it twice...