PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-23-2002, 09:34 AM #1
alnen

has been a member for 10 years
More Problems with the PTX!!...

Ok, so I ship out out to 32 degrees to get it fixed right, 2 or 3 weeks later I get it back, take it out and shoot it. It worked! But then, I had a ball chop. I cleaned everything out, made sure it was all lubed (not too much though) and put it back together. I shoot about 20 more shots and head in for the night. But later, I decide I want to go outside and have some fun. So I load my PTX, and behold, it starts leaking from the barrel. If i turn the gun in different ways, the leak gets worse and in some position it gets better. I will be REALLY mad if it is the cupseal, which they JUST supposedly replaced. And yes, i cocked the gun before I engaged the 12 gram. I need help with this POS. After I fix it this time, I am going to sell it. How much do you think would be a good price (I didn't say fair, because to match the value of the gun would only be about $5 or two (makes a superb paperweight). Thanks.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2002, 09:54 AM #2
sorisko

I'd say you could get around 80-100 for it.. who knows what you could do on ebay though
Old 02-23-2002, 10:13 PM #3
alnen

oh yeah, I also have that holster that I paid $40 for. Thanks for the estimate.
Old 03-06-2002, 11:13 AM #4
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
Eh...you could have a lube problem with the gun...try running some oil thru the ASA. Also make sure the 12 gram is in the gun tightly. Also try screwing in the velocity adjustor a bit more.

The above fixed the same problem in my gun.
Old 03-06-2002, 03:07 PM #5
alnen

ok, thanks, I will try that.
Old 03-11-2002, 03:52 PM #6
monkey31

i had the same problem with my PTX. I had just got it and opened it up, put some balls in it, loaded a 12, and it started leaking. I ran some oil through the ASA and fired a few 12 grams, and that fixed the problem, i havn't had any trouble with it since.
Old 03-12-2002, 01:23 PM #7
gibby
THE MAN

whats the ASA? just for us curious people .....
dye sticky
Old 03-12-2002, 01:53 PM #8
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
ASA - Air Source Adapter. The PTX has 2 (technically anyway) if you have an unmodivied version it is the part of the gun where the tip of the 12 gram goes thru. It is also what the bolt just ahead of the trigger guard is covering.
Old 03-15-2002, 04:40 PM #9
redmonster13
I hate paintball

If you continue to have problems e-mail me and I will send you a new valve and cupseal. But putting oil in the asa should fix it. How this problem arises is that if the cupseal and valve are dry and you fire the marker it will scrap the side and scratch the cupseal. Also Co2 will sometimes have some trash in it like dirt or something. All so if play with it and get dirt on it or paint and you change 12 grams you could get dirt and stuff in the asa that way too.

gambit2085@hotmail.com

Gambit
Nationalpaintballsupply
Old 05-21-2002, 12:41 PM #10
duckjesus

you could have too much oil, or you might have used the wrong kind. too much lets the air slide right by.