Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-20-2001, 09:42 PM #1
Ken
Young Gun

has been a member for 10 years
JT mask question

Well I have a Green JT IZE mask but it is getting pretty ragedy and was wondering what I should do. Should I just buy the proteus mask or should I just get another IZE mask and put a fan in it? Either those two or is there another mask that you guys really like that you think I should look into? Thanks.

*SOLD* Green Bushmaster 2000 w/ 12" Dye Boomstick

Midway Paintball Referee
Old 06-20-2001, 11:41 PM #2
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Well, the JT Proteus features that made it good are no longer included in the current protues editions.
E.G.:
-Strap attaches at back of mask, and doesn't cover ears=That no longer exists.
-Now solid black instead of transparent smoke
These were many of the reasons that people wanted the proteus, and now with the current proteus' there is really nothing special about them. So I say save about 35.00 and buy a new Flex-7 IZE.

As far as getting a fan:
Does your current mask fog constantly? Ask yourself if it is really worth an extra 50.00. I wouldn't buy one unless you need it, it is quite pointless. If you do fog up constantly even with the thermal lenses this brings up a new issue............

The proteus comes with a fan so it is basically a 50.00 mask with a 50.00 fan. So buying the proteus "kit" would be cheaper than buying an IZE and upgrading to a fan. So if you need the fan, I suggest buying the proteus, cause you get more for your dollar.

With the proteus though you can't choose your color, so you have to think about that. The IZE offers 6 different colors and the Proteus only offers solid black.

I'm assuming that you like the looks of both masks, so what I said boils down to:
Need a fan=Proteus
Fan not neccessary=IZE

Hope that helps
Old 06-21-2001, 12:30 AM #3
Ken
Young Gun

Thanks for the info.

The reason I wanted the fan is because it gets pretty hot when I am out there standing in the sun when I am reffing. But I might just be able to deal with the heat for the summer.

*SOLD* Green Bushmaster 2000 w/ 12" Dye Boomstick

Midway Paintball Referee
Old 06-24-2001, 10:01 PM #4
DuMb-KiD-dReW
ACPP Forever

DuMb-KiD-dReW is a founding member
Flex-7 comfy, durable and the flexy part has more suport. I am plaing on geting a fan for mine some time this week.

DKD