Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-19-2004, 04:39 PM #106
JLothrop

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by renegade8

If you wanted to control the world, and this country was a key theater to own....I would say I never found anything and keep looking. Why admit it at this point in time. You never play a high card when you don't have to.

Are you trying to say Bush wants to control the world? Not to be an ***... But that's how I interpret that...

POWERED BY:
DYE PRECISION, Shocktech USA, BBT, the Badlandz, the Grindhouse, Krush Skate Park, KEE ACTION SPORTS, RPS, HALO, NXE, VIRTUE
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2004, 04:44 PM #107
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Must I make a list of every piece of Democratic created/endorsed legislation that is retarded?

I could make a descriptioned list longer than 10 posts would allow.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:21 PM #108
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Yes too restrictive. With your above last sentence, why should the government care if I choose not to wear a seatbelt. I'll be the only one hurt by it. If you'll notice what I posted I only said I think prostitution should be legalized out of the ones you threw at me. Not once did I say anything about drugs(except I believe marijuana should be legal, that one is safer than alcohol).
You WON'T be the only one hurt by it. You dying means a job lost, and, hopefully, a productive memeber of society gone (hopefully you're productive, that is). Paperwork, family grief (since you seem so intent to include it in 9-11, I'll include it in my arguement), Police officer's time and so on. Not to mention the car's wrecked adn you're family will pay for it. For what? Because the seatbelt was uncomfortable? If you're normal, you'd forget that you're even wearing it after about 2 minutes. There's no reason to not wear it. When you're eating McDonald's, you eat it because it makes you feel good. You can counteract it's affects by excerising if you want to. There's nothing to counteract not wearing a seatbelt if you're in a crash. It's not like there's even an advantage to not wearing a seatbelt.

Quote:
This would have been avoided if Clinton would have done his job and kept the inspections going like the un said to. You know saddam worked for us in the past right? You don't let people like that run amuk, you keep them tethered. I'll have to reasearch this but as far as I remember we went in under un resolutions from the first gulf war. Which basically was Saddams non-compliance. I'll get back on this one.
Clinton bombed saddam for not complying with the U.N. (s.)

Quote:
Spy satellites are everywhere. Doesn't mean you can't move things from one country to another. The rest is this is just a hunch of mine and so cannot be backed with facts, but cannot be disproved either.
The point is to move all those weapons out of the country, you would attract the attention of SOMETHING. Powell said they had a phenomenal amount. I mean ****, Monica told ONE person and then it breaks out into a national scandal.

BTW, it's not an advantage to have an arguement that can't be proven or disproven, it might as well have not been said then since it amounts to nothing.

Quote:
If you wanted to control the world, and this country was a key theater to own....I would say I never found anything and keep looking. Why admit it at this point in time. You never play a high card when you don't have to.
We'll see.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:21 PM #109
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by JLothrop
What he means is quote Slinger... Brewmaster stole source from him...
Damn straight!
Old 08-19-2004, 05:24 PM #110
renegade8

Quote:
Are you trying to say Bush wants to control the world? Not to be an ***... But that's how I interpret that...
not bush in general. All countries want to rule the world. It's been that way since the dawn of time. It's always been about being the supreme ruler, if anyone thinks it's different today they are sorely mistaken.

After pearl harbor the military leaders have turned on the juggernaut and nothing will stop it. The goal is supreme control over the globe. Everything we do militarily is for control. Take a look one day where we have bases on the global map. look at our friendly bases in allied countries. See the countries in NATO. See where are theaters of conflict are, and mark where the carrier battle groups are located. After you have all that marked on a map so you can see it, then ask how would I control the world. Then you will start to see why we fight the wars we do.

This sounds ou there and could be never know. But if I was a global leader you could bet your *** I would want to make sure I maintained complete control militarily. Peace through superior force.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:33 PM #111
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

... If he really wanted to control the world he would've installed a puppet government in Iraq. Oops, my bad.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:49 PM #112
renegade8

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
You WON'T be the only one hurt by it. You dying means a job lost, and, hopefully, a productive memeber of society gone (hopefully you're productive, that is). Paperwork, family grief (since you seem so intent to include it in 9-11, I'll include it in my arguement), Police officer's time and so on. Not to mention the car's wrecked adn you're family will pay for it. For what? Because the seatbelt was uncomfortable? If you're normal, you'd forget that you're even wearing it after about 2 minutes. There's no reason to not wear it. When you're eating McDonald's, you eat it because it makes you feel good. You can counteract it's affects by excerising if you want to. There's nothing to counteract not wearing a seatbelt if you're in a crash. It's not like there's even an advantage to not wearing a seatbelt.
Thanks for not outright calling me a degenerate to society. I appreciate that. And yes I contribute. I have a job and own my own company. The whole point to this argument is simply adults can make decisions when it comes to their own welfare. Regardless of the consequences it's still the FREEdom to decide that I'm after. I hate authority being intrusive in my life. I work, I pay taxes, I spend money, I'm not a criminal, I'm a decent citizen and resent the fact that someone wants to tell me how to run my life.

Now the only thing I said about 9-11 was any monetary loss from it would be damaging to the economy. The other folks were talking about the terror aspect of 9-11, not me.

Bombed once. His job was to enforce the resolutions until the next president came along or a new un resolution was drafted, for that sir he failed.

Well we can't prove there were or weren't wmd's in the country either. So my saying I think they are in syria or Iran is simply an opinion. And dude you could get stuff out without anyone noticing anything. They had plenty of time to do it. Why do you think he kicked inspectors out. They were getting too close so he had to move stuff. They even said they had sophisticated travelling labs to keep from being detected.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:50 PM #113
renegade8

crap..sorry I hit wrong button before I could get the quotes in there. my bad.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:54 PM #114
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What he means is quote Slinger... Brewmaster stole source from him...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn straight!
Source. And using my sig doesn't count, since as a (relatively speaking, but not completely) conservative my opinion should be suspect by you guys.

And more importantly, I'm all for hookers, if they come with seatbelts.

BTW Fox ran a story on Alaska's pot controversy, in case you all forgot about it like I did. I'm not taking a side on it, but if you guys want to argue about it they may have some useful SOURCE for you.

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

"I don't understand the point of this thread..." - zack

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:55 PM #115
Blithe

Dude...Brewmaster. Is it that hard to click the quote button next to the little lightbul after every post instead of slapping on quote tags on the end of everything? 'Cuz sometimes I have no idea who you're referring to.
Yes, Faux's dick is in my mouth, and yes I'm damn proud of it..
"
Old 08-19-2004, 05:58 PM #116
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blithe
Dude...Brewmaster. Is it that hard to click the quote button next to the little lightbul after every post instead of slapping on quote tags on the end of everything? 'Cuz sometimes I have no idea who you're referring to.
Hmmm.. apparently not. Thanks for the tip!

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:56 PM #117
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

*slaps forehead*
Old 08-19-2004, 10:22 PM #118
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
*slaps forehead*

Old 08-19-2004, 10:57 PM #119
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by Brewmaster
Old 08-20-2004, 11:10 AM #120
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

RedfordRenegade plays in the APPA D4 division
Issuing a formal retraction of the "cheeseburger bill" reference I used in argument on page 5.

Notwithstanding, it is an incorrect argument in the context which it is used. I meant to show how Republicans are addressing the issue, when in reality the legislation shows no control over which foods we eat, but control over the stupidity of people.
For this I'm sorry and have no further argument.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:23 AM #121
JLothrop

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL