Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-17-2004, 12:28 PM #43
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
It's hardly a steady fall.
I don't see 3 thousand people a day dying from car accidents.

I'm an advocate of better vehicular safety. But domestic safety from terrorist groups > domestic safety from car accidents (not to take ANY importance away from car safety provisions).
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2004, 12:56 PM #44
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
hmm... 43,000 a year (s.) or maybe a grand total of 5 thousand in 300 years.

I see where you're coming from.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:58 PM #45
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally posted by P8le Dricmade
I don't see 3 thousand people a day dying from car accidents.
That's interesting because I don't see 3000 people a day dying from terrorists either.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 08-17-2004, 04:22 PM #46
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

well when they start hitting us with chemical & biological weapons then well be talking about tens maybe hundreds of thousands of people dead. Or when they start blowing up our major cities with nuke bombs then we will be talking about how many millions of people are dead because of terrorism.

Twich,
My belief is people should be free to make their own choices without governement regulating them all the time. If that is self centered and ignorant than so be it.
Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
--unknown

Last edited by DirtyDrake : 08-17-2004 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:00 PM #47
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

If terrorists could get nukes and biological warfare agents... wouldn't they have already used them? It seems as if the large infrastructure of Al Queda is doomed and even at their peak the best that they (maybe) could do was anthrax. Whoopdeedoo.

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-17-2004 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:49 PM #48
zack

Quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDrake
well when they start hitting us with chemical & biological weapons then well be talking about tens maybe hundreds of thousands of people dead. Or when they start blowing up our major cities with nuke bombs then we will be talking about how many millions of people are dead because of terrorism.

Twich,
My belief is people should be free to make their own choices without governement regulating them all the time. If that is self centered and ignorant than so be it.
I laughed at the first part. Funny ****.

As for the second part: I guess that means it's ok for me to kill you? I mean...isn't it my right to do whatever the hell I want?
Old 08-17-2004, 06:59 PM #49
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDrake

Twich,
Taken to the extreme however that becomes anarchy. Obviously you aren't an anarchist so you too agree that limits must be placed on the people's right to make choices. When those choices drastically interfere with another persons quality of life (such as polluting the **** out of the air they have to breathe or raising gas prices by wildly inflated demand to keep their SUVs running) regulations need to be put on those choices.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 08-17-2004, 08:00 PM #50
galli2001
•Killer•

Quote:
Originally posted by bern
yes. and bush. interesting how america kills at least 14,000 in its war on terror, when the terrorists killed 3,000.
Terrorists have only killed 3,000? You're about to get your *** handed to you with one statistic.

Saddam Hussein killed over 200,000

Terrorists all together have killed thousands. Dont forget, just because it doesnt happen our our soil doesnt mean it didn't happen. Seems that people have forgotten about the SSS Cole. There's another to add to your list twitch. Also all the car bombings and everything that happens in the Mid-East.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:51 PM #51
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Do you really want me to list the death toll of the world due to car crashes since cars were invented? 200,000 is measly comparatively.
Old 08-18-2004, 04:32 PM #52
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

think about it Darwin's Theory of Survivial of the fittest or in this case survival of the smartest.
Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
--unknown
Old 08-18-2004, 04:53 PM #53
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

Quote:
Originally posted by elTwitcho
Taken to the extreme however that becomes anarchy. Obviously you aren't an anarchist so you too agree that limits must be placed on the people's right to make choices. When those choices drastically interfere with another persons quality of life (such as polluting the **** out of the air they have to breathe or raising gas prices by wildly inflated demand to keep their SUVs running) regulations need to be put on those choices.
I'm all for cleaner running vehicles. If you want to make people do something it is a whole lot easier to give them incentives rather than regulating it to them. I'm all for tax breaks for people who buy gas efficient cars it is a great thing.

I'm looking forward to the new hybrid SUVs, there is defiantly a market for them. Most of the time if people are given a choice they will almost always choose the most cost efficient product. If the market has a very strong showing for the hybrid vehicles then the market will force the automotive companies to produce cleaner and more efficient vehicles.

thank you for pointing out that I'm not an anarchist others have labeled me this but the fact is I'm totally on the opposite side of those guys. I strongly believe in the rule of law and the respect the Constitution above everything else.
--unknown
Old 08-18-2004, 05:39 PM #54
galli2001
•Killer•

Quote:
Do you really want me to list the death toll of the world due to car crashes since cars were invented? 200,000 is measly comparatively.
You know how many people have died from choking on food? You want the govt. to make a law saying all food has to be a liquid/pudding?

Terrorists are a bigger threat than car accidents. People need to just learn how to drive smart.

And no one is stopping you from driving or riding with someone. You have the choice to drive, you dont have the choice to be killed by a terrorist or not.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:53 PM #55
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
I'm all for tax breaks for people who buy gas efficient cars it is a great thing.
Don't they get a pretty huge tax break already by not using as much gas?

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

"I don't understand the point of this thread..." - zack

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:53 PM #56
renegade8

Quote:
yes if you don't mind and while your there they should have a statistic of how many of those are drunk drivers.

Screw seatbelts. under 18, must wear them, after your a legal adult...make the decision. Too much government interference is a bad thing.

the thing is no-one in here that isn't in the loop knows anything about the threats levied at our country. we can never comprehend what is happening behind closed doors so to speak. I have friends in the military and the stories are way different than what the ****** press has to say. So before making any judgements about what threats are real and what are fake...think about it for a minute. The threats are real. And if you don't think that ricin bust was anything significant, google ricin.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:22 PM #57
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by renegade8
yes if you don't mind and while your there they should have a statistic of how many of those are drunk drivers.

Screw seatbelts. under 18, must wear them, after your a legal adult...make the decision. Too much government interference is a bad thing.

the thing is no-one in here that isn't in the loop knows anything about the threats levied at our country. we can never comprehend what is happening behind closed doors so to speak. I have friends in the military and the stories are way different than what the ****** press has to say. So before making any judgements about what threats are real and what are fake...think about it for a minute. The threats are real. And if you don't think that ricin bust was anything significant, google ricin.
So then you're for all legalization of drugs (cocaine, herion, meth, etc.) and prostitution?

So I'm supposed to believe, because of a friend of a friend, that the level of terror and amount of terrorists are FAR greater than what the already bloated numbers the press gives are? Look up the odds of dying in a terror attack vs. dying in a car crash. Just for giggles. Personal experience is a poor indicator of how much terrorism is out there. Personal experience is only an itsy bitsy speck of waht's really out there. Maybe your friends are in a highly volatile area. Other's who say there's virtually no terrorism, may be in an extremely peaceful area. It doesn't matter unless you look at the big picture.

I'll believe the ricin incident was a big event when bush makes it a big event seeing as it's one of the very few incidents that they found ANYTHING in Iraq. To quote:

"... Our conservative estimate is that Iraq today has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agent. That is enough agent to fill 16,000 battlefield rockets. Even the low end of 100 tons of agent would enable Saddam Hussein to cause mass casualties across more than 100 square miles of territory, an area nearly five times the size of Manhattan. ..."
Old 08-18-2004, 06:24 PM #58
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
Personal experience is only an itsy bitsy speck of waht's really out there.
COUGHCOUGH*Walmart SUPERCENTER*COUGHCOUGH

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:43 PM #59
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
That's interesting because I don't see 3000 people a day dying from terrorists either.
Maybe I should have said IN a day.

It's obtuse to prioritize car accidents over national security.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:51 PM #60
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Why should my having to pay higher gas prices because you asshats are getting 3 mpg in your idiot mobiles be YOUR choice? Why should I have to worry about your bumper being the height of my window in an accident because YOU made the choice to drive a car you don't need? Why the **** should I have to put up with 10-15 smog days a year where the air quality is so ****ty the government advises people not to go outside because you're stupid?
Because I pay more taxes than you, my campaign donations and lobbying by coperations is louder to a politician than your collective eco-freak moaning and *****ing. My Excursion gets 8mpg (diesel, mind you), sits 18" off the ground and would crush your little hybrid civic into an accordian if I crash into it. Guess what? I dont care since I can afford it.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:22 PM #61
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Quote:
Why should I have to worry about your bumper being the height of my window
Because your car is tiny?

Old 08-18-2004, 07:44 PM #62
captsarcastic69

Whats stopping terrorists is that there arent that many of them and they arent that well organized. This is due in large part to the massive pressure that law enforcement and intelligence puts on them however. Defending against terrorism on a national level is a simple cost-benfit analsis. cost of anti-terror efforts x lessened probability of attack < cost of major terrorist attack. In case no one noticed 9-11 and the resulting bullshiat is THE major factor in the economic downturn we are in right now.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:13 PM #63
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dread Pirate
Because I pay more taxes than you, my campaign donations and lobbying by coperations is louder to a politician than your collective eco-freak moaning and *****ing. My Excursion gets 8mpg (diesel, mind you), sits 18" off the ground and would crush your little hybrid civic into an accordian if I crash into it. Guess what? I dont care since I can afford it.
This is why the respect meter reads, "Feed me".

I hope you DO hit someone with an economical, fuel efficient, practical car and you go to jail for being a selfish *******.