has been a member for 10 years
Beemer2k is BST Trusted
Beemer2k owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Beemer2k has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Beemer2k supports DLX Technology
Question eVLution or Ricochet????

What do I get????

I am in the mood for a new loader

But I don't know what to get. I have a 9V Revvy...

Should I get a 12V Revvy????
Should I get a eVLution?????
Or Should I get a Ricochet 2K????

Please help me!!!!

Thx!!!
Advertisement
Old 06-20-2001, 07:25 AM #2
Skyssx

You should wait for the HALO. IMO the ricochet is no better than the 12v rev... it uses grass trimmer line to agitate the balls, has sharp edges on the inside and beeps. Evolutions are completely asstastic. You'll end up taping the lid shut with a strip of duct tape other annoyances that should NOT be present on a 90 dollar hopper. If the halo is good i'll probably get one, but I wont buy it until I can try it out.
Old 06-20-2001, 10:07 AM #3
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I'm waiting for the halo. But to hold me over till it comes out i put an evoltion impeller in my 12v revy.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 06-20-2001, 11:12 AM #4
Maugan_Ra

Ok, this BS about putting evolution impellors on revolutions is just dumb.

It DOESN'T Feed faster, in fact, I'd venture to say that it feeds slower. THe evolution is designed to force balls into the feed neck by queueing up balls in the impellor tray.

The revolution works by just knocking the balls around until they fall into the feed neck, TOTALLY different.

The impellor in the revolution is a BAD idea... first, because the impellor will not agitate the balls as much as the normal revolution paddle, and two, ever notice that your revolution paddles are flexible. Well, guess what, the impellor isn't. A ball gets caught in the wrong way by the impellor, and you're going to get the motor jammed, or its going to break a ball.

Don't buy into hype.
Old 06-20-2001, 12:19 PM #5
JCC
Bonusball Master

JCC is a founding member
Actualy when installed correctly the evolution paddles in a standerd revy will feed quite a bit faster and more consistent. The trick is you have to heat up the paddles with a lighter and bend them in the correct way. This will agitate your balls more then ever, and theres no chance in hell it will break a ball. All the teams who have got the inside scoop from VL (BE) or the ones that started this it just wasnt some guy who thought it might work... And out of those options I would eather go for a 12v Rev or the Richocet we got 5 Richocets on our team and they feed as fast as 12v rev. The Richocets also bounce balls off them like crazy its kept or guys a live more then a few times, they proably take 3 bounces a day compared to 0 with anyother hopper.
later,
jcc
Old 06-20-2001, 01:11 PM #6
Maugan_Ra

So verify your claims with emperical and substantiated evidence.

Until then, it remains hype.
Old 06-20-2001, 02:25 PM #7
pirate
mutiny!

pirate is a Supporting Member
pirate is a founding member
The size of the paddle affects how fast paint feeds much more than how fast it spins. The greater the surface area of the paddle, the more paint can be spun. Intellifeeds on Angels only feed at 6v, but no one complains about them.
Old 06-20-2001, 03:42 PM #8
JCC
Bonusball Master

JCC is a founding member
I have 2 revs one standerd 12v that I chop paint on occasion with when I shoot as fast as I can, and then the evil rev with the evo paddle that I have yet to chop a ball while using.. I can easily out shoot the 12v with my angel, but have yet to my evil hopper. I have only used the evil hopper 2 days though, but I shot as fast as I could with no chops..
later,
jcc
Old 06-20-2001, 07:51 PM #9
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i filled my revy with the impeller in it and my other revy standard and the evil revy fed noticebly faster in a string of paintballs not the bursts of my other revy.

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 06-21-2001, 12:07 AM #10
ONT

I sell and had revos and ricochet with mod(evo impeller) they work great but the rico is faster than the revo.

-i had clear or black impeller for sale
-ricochet with impeller mod in boxs for sale
-revo 12v with impeller mod in boxs for sale

any orders or questions please contact me :
blackcircuit@usa.net
Old 06-25-2001, 03:05 AM #11
DuBri
F*** the police

I say richochet. If you think that richochet prices are expensive check out the HALO. 134.99 at national I think. Your never going to shoot 16 bps like the HALO does, if it even works. All electro guns are limited to around 13 right now and in tourneys youve got to have semi so you might not even hit that. The richochets game timer and ball counter would be much more usefull than the halos uneeded ROF. Dont tell me I have no grounds to speak about the HALO as I have seen it in action. A guy came to my field with one on a hyperframe mag. He said he was one of the designers. I didnt beleive him but I stayed by him and watched him. After about a minute of rapid firing it jamed up and he had to pry deformed balls out of it. Then he left. Ive never had to pry deformed balls out of my revvy and Ive never heard of this hapening to a richochet. The best solution yet are intelifeeds. If all electro guns had ports for them and there was a universal intelifeed plug in place they could just sell those. You buy it, replace your revvy board, then plug it into whatever gun your using. But unfortunantly thats not the case.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:11 AM #12
Wizardry
Oldest AKA GunWhore

Wizardry is a founding member
Ricochet 2k

I have had my Ricochet 2k for over three months now. I have 3 revs too. All I can say is the Rico 2k is far superior to the revs. It feeds faster, it takes bounces on the hopper (I have counted 3 out of ten hits have been bounces, not all the time though), it has the nice timer on it, it takes only one battery, it counts the balls so you know when to reload, it has the nice built in timer you can easily see.

Cons - Pricey...(not really) you can get one for $76.99 plus shipping from 1stshotpaintball.com.
Noisey at first...but if you are shooting you don't hear it.
You may have to sand down the neck to make it fit (5 min job).

I may eventually replace all my revs with the Rico 2k.

WIZ
Old 06-27-2001, 12:58 PM #13
bacon182
KOS Member

the evoultion is crap, the roichet is a waste of money, 12v revy is your best buy, or wait for the halo
Old 06-27-2001, 01:13 PM #14
Ballin' Paint
James

Quote:
Originally posted by DuBri
I say richochet. If you think that richochet prices are expensive check out the HALO. 134.99 at national I think. Your never going to shoot 16 bps like the HALO does, if it even works. All electro guns are limited to around 13 right now and in tourneys youve got to have semi so you might not even hit that. The richochets game timer and ball counter would be much more usefull than the halos uneeded ROF. Dont tell me I have no grounds to speak about the HALO as I have seen it in action. A guy came to my field with one on a hyperframe mag. He said he was one of the designers. I didnt beleive him but I stayed by him and watched him. After about a minute of rapid firing it jamed up and he had to pry deformed balls out of it. Then he left. Ive never had to pry deformed balls out of my revvy and Ive never heard of this hapening to a richochet. The best solution yet are intelifeeds. If all electro guns had ports for them and there was a universal intelifeed plug in place they could just sell those. You buy it, replace your revvy board, then plug it into whatever gun your using. But unfortunantly thats not the case.
Most Electros are not limited to 13bps. I can shoot my matrix much faster than a revvy can feed by walking the trigger. I dont know anything about the HALO yet because its not out, but if it can actually feed that fast, i'll have one. The one you saw was probobly not a final product, ever wonder why its not out yet? I'm sure they arent going to put a loader on the market and hope people to buy it if it does what you explained, it will be fixed
Old 06-28-2001, 01:00 AM #15
DuBri
F*** the police

Really its the way the disc spin around inside it. The balls were geting jammed between the disc and the duct that goes to the feed neck. If they dont fix the rotary disc to where the balls dont get jammed by it its not going to work. As for you outshooting your revvy its becuase the revvys dont spin until youve outshot whats already in the neck. With a richochet that wont happen. Also, the richochet is 50 dollars cheaper than the HALO. Wait and see. Maybe they will fix it, maybe they wont.
Old 07-02-2001, 08:57 AM #16
Malice
Yep the Evo is a cheap piece of crap. I still have mine. I can look at it from time to time too remind myself why Brass Eagle suks.

Old 07-02-2001, 12:02 PM #17
ScarFaceTE

well i had an evolution, hated it traded it for a gem 12v , then i traded the 12v gem for a ricochet to my friend, i love the ricochet!!!!
Sponsors-
Murder Inc PAINTBALL
Boston Paintball
Old 07-05-2001, 10:08 PM #18
fox149
žKillaž

If i were u i would wait for the halo to come out, i was lookin at a proto type one the other day and it was nice as neother loader made and it feeds faster than the others. The guy at the store said when they tested it on an angel w/ high rise at 16bps it didn't miss feed and the gun didn't chop a single ball, same results w/ a low rise set at 13bps. and they look good in real life too. It looked like balls would bounce off it like the richocht(don't know how to spell). There also about the same size as a revolution, but i think the halo maybe a little heavier because of the 6 batteries it needs to run. other than that i liked it.

Hot Guns For Sale/Trade

My Feedback
Old 07-09-2001, 11:56 PM #19
Shocker Stud

I have 2 Halo's they are awesome. i picked it up at Chicago Open they rock ***.!!
Old 07-10-2001, 12:58 PM #20
JCC
Bonusball Master

JCC is a founding member
I got to see a few Halos in action at Chicago and there crap... I watched Lasoya's jam on him a few times. They don't jam as bad as evolutions did, but they still jam and that can still cost you a game. Revolutions can jam to on realy hot days when paint gets soft to, but Richocets with that incredibly flexible paddle they have will no jam. I was shooting some incredibly soft paint this past sunday (left it in my trunk whoops) and my revy couldn't handle it with out jamming so I used a freinds richocet and no more jams and I only chopped once all day once its batteries were about dead. With my revy I chop if I keep a string around 11bps going for more then a second with the Richocet I was shooting 12-13 with no chops till the end of the day. Bad sides are it holds less paint around 40-50 fewer balls it seems like and none of that constant spinning that I'm so use to hearing when I need to reload. Good sides The one ball I chopped all day was at the worse time in a bunker I couldn't get in tight enough to the bunker to get it fixed cause it had shell stuck stopping the balls from feeding. So I took 2 hopper hits while cleaning everything out and both bounced off.
later,
jcc
Old 07-22-2001, 12:56 PM #21
greenster

All you people worried about chopping a ball should just go out and by an Intimidator and solve all your problems.
Chrome Shochtech Dropforward
PettyPB Trigger Mod!
LP Mod
LP Chamber
Clear Ridged Grips
12v Blue Revy w/ PettyPB BallWacker Mod and TurboRev by WickedAirSportz!
www.hazardpaintball.net