PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-12-2002, 05:08 PM #1
dekere24

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Which gun????

I need some help. I'm planning on buying my first gun and i dont know which one to get. i have done some looking around and i cant decide between:

the new black dragun (from M3 not PI) or spyder flash.

which one should i go with. and no i dont want a 98. i just dont want one. (please dont make this a 98 debate )
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2002, 08:38 PM #2
Hi9HoPjUnKiE
Banned

put in like $100 more and get a CoKeR!!
Old 02-12-2002, 08:50 PM #3
Fury112
Faster Than you...

I would go with the Flash.
Looks better
More upgrade range
More ppl know how to fix it.
Old 02-12-2002, 09:30 PM #4
threeham
man seen from see

threeham has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
threeham has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
threeham has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've fired an M3, and they're REALLY nice. Then again, it's the only electro I've ever handled. I suppose if you want support and what-works, flash. Alot of people know the ins and outs of it, not so much with the M3.
Old 02-12-2002, 10:38 PM #5
Ed 'E
Top Ramen is good to eat

wait a couple of months
then if u keep hearing good things about the Black Dragun then get it
unless by then the Flash has dropped in price to only like $10 more than the Black Dragun
Old 02-13-2002, 08:14 AM #6
fw190lanc
What's an Osama???

fw190lanc is a founding member
You seem to prefer semiauto electros. Any particular reason? Maybe try shooting several different guns at your local field. Don't simply dismiss mechanical semis outright. Also, don't simply go for a marker because it has a lot of "flash" (no pun intended). Many times, a flashier marker will not be a reliable performer. For your first marker, you may want to concentrate more on getting something that will be there when you need it, and won't have alot of maintenance headaches. How long have you been playing? Do you have knowledgable friends who can help you with any problems that may crop up?

For my first marker, I got an F4 Illustrator because I liked the looks and some of the features. Unfortunately, the marker only worked well 25-30% of the time. The rest of the time it was a pain . I sold it, and purchased a 98 Custom. While this marker isn't for everyone, it hasn't let me down yet. And since I play almost entirely recball, it fits my style of game. If I were to move up to amateur tourneys or more extensive amounts of play, I would probably move up to a low-to-mid grade electro. Basicly, get a marker with features you need and feel comfortable with. Then, when you have a "newbie" gun mastered, move up. Check out www.PBReview.com to get comments and ideas.
Tippmann 98 Custom; 12" black CP one-piece barrel; 32 degrees RVA; Palmer female Stabilizer with ring mount;32 degrees coiled remote; Redz FlexTech 4+1 halfpack; green V-Force Shield; RT Kit; LP Valve, LP Chamber, & drilled out hammer
Old 02-13-2002, 04:11 PM #7
threeham
man seen from see

threeham has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
threeham has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
threeham has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Even for amature play, people still use sypders and tipmanns. It all comes down to what you want. I like a sleeker marker. While alot of people like the automags, autocockers, impulse, etc. I feel that I'd like a more indivual marker. Electro guns can also cause you some problems maybe not as easily fixed. My friends M3 is excellent, he bought a 12c revvy and an x-board and it keeps up just fine. He's also got the M3 barrel kit and a low-priced nitro system. Then again, he's loosing nitro and no one can figure out why. People could give you a million reasons why something would be wrong with a spyder.
Old 02-13-2002, 06:37 PM #8
Black Ice 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Hi9HoPjUnKiE
put in like $100 more and get a CoKeR!!
1.) It's cocker (I know you misspelled it but it was funny for a couple seconds there.)

2.) I wouldn't suggest a cocker because if I have said it once, I have said it a million times: Newibes tend to take apart their guns and put it back together JUST to say that they can "tinker" with their guns. This........ is a very bad thing if you have a cocker and don't know what you are doing.

3.) Usually people w/ cockers use stabes w/ co2 or just get n2. This is big + when it comes to cash for a newb.

I would just suggest getting a cheap electro and work from there. Impulses are amazing for the price and work amazingly with co2 because of the unstoppable maxflow!!
Old 03-02-2002, 08:39 AM #9
CockersRule

he's right

i bought a pgp, just for the heck of it, i liked stock games, then my dad bought a shutter, and i bought a cocker. I just recently bought an angel led, and i really really regret not just saving up all that money i spent on the lower end guns, and getting a something a little more expensive right away. If you believe you're going to be in the sport a long time, i would say you should try and get an impulse or something, that was my second choice over an angel. If you're low on cash, try talking to your parents or something, thats what i did when i needed help paying for my angel, and surprisingly, they lent me a good deal of money. I have a cocker for sale, but like another guy said in this thread, its not wise to have a cocker if you dont know anything about it, its got a lot of moving parts. so, you should go with a little more expensive gun, if you can't afford it, you can prolly find a pretty good deal on a cheap used one.

-Evan

Adrenalin Angel LED <~~ For sale
2k cocker <~~ For sale
PGP <~~ For sale
RockClimbing27@AOL.com
Old 03-05-2002, 12:10 PM #10
NONE_too_SOFT
Do you play paintball?

NONE_too_SOFT is a Supporting Member
Damn newbs ;)

its really startin to irritate me how every kid moving up from a rental wants to buy a freakin electro (cheap ones at that) ive played for two years now and i prommissed myself that i would not be buying an electro until now. i'm sick of 14 year olds breaking their damn "electro" frames.

start out with either an auto cocker(owned one thier sweet, but a ton of maintenence) or a mag, good gun, always works for ya.

if your gonna play paintball live by this mentality.

take your marker purchases in steps. when u think u need a new gun u can always sell the one u have. i went from stingray, to spyder tl, to cocker(that u used for the last year), and now i'm gettin a bushmaster, at this rate i'll have an angel in a couple years ... hope this made ya think a little

btw, us experienced guys dont make fun of the kids w/ cheap guns, we make fun of the kids that think the marker makes the player and go buy that cheap electro, dont sell out
Old 03-05-2002, 06:53 PM #11
spyderdan

dont go too crazy starting off

I havent been playing long but I think that a good gun to get is a spyder. I have a compact 2000 and it only gave me problems when i was playing in 10 degree weather. I play every weekend or at least every other weekend and i cant say i have any complaints with it, i want a better gun but with a spyder you can do lotsa things to them which will make them a much more "competitive" gun. Also, dont think that because you are getting a 600 dollar gun or whatever that it will make you good. I would say get a reasonably priced semi auto gun that is dependable and get a feel for the game and see how you like your gun and also learn how to play the game, there is no sense in buyin an expensive gun just to go to a field to play and be out in 30 seconds. Use common sense and good judgement and you will have loads of fun.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:07 PM #12
sp|2ay & P|2ay

if i was you i would start out with a real expensive of gun. One reason your a newbie two you dont know anything about the guns and how much time it is to take apart and put to togher....So i heard.

One question that boggles my mined is that do you have alot of money if so i would go with the flash then after that save up for Nitro!
Only Angels Shall FLY!!!!!Woot
Old 03-05-2002, 11:04 PM #13
TeamDynamic
Your Gone Thank U!!

i used the black dragon that is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet i got so many people that day wit that gunlol you should get i guarenttee you wont be disapointed