PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-14-2004, 12:31 AM #43
Gagarin
Freedom ist Verboten!

has been a member for 10 years
I think rioting , mass looting and chaos is much more scary.
Get a job? The **** you talking to kid? I worked five years in a row when i was in the joint! Pressing them mother ****ing licence plates! Im a licence plate pressing mother ****er! Wheres a ***** gonna get a job out here pressing licence plates?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2004, 01:11 AM #44
DYEangelLCD
Jesters Represent

DYEangelLCD is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Gagarin
IT IS Rumsfelds fault because accoriding to the geneva conventions it is the DUTY of the occupying force to ensure safety and basic functions such as water and medical (whic hwas disrupted by the looting) and his refusal to let the troops do thier job is what caused the looting..
Although I agree with most of your points, the geneva convention (the 4th to be more specific [the one that deals with citizens in a occupied country]) says absolutly nothing about how to deal with looting. Also you bring up the point that medicial care was disrupted by the looting. How does medical care have anything to do with looting?
Old 08-14-2004, 01:28 AM #45
Gagarin
Freedom ist Verboten!

Well they looted all the equipment in the hospitals...there was only one functioning iraqi surgical theater left intact. Everything form x-ray machines ot bandages was gone. THe generators for the hospital's emerency power were taken too.
Get a job? The **** you talking to kid? I worked five years in a row when i was in the joint! Pressing them mother ****ing licence plates! Im a licence plate pressing mother ****er! Wheres a ***** gonna get a job out here pressing licence plates?
Old 08-14-2004, 02:10 AM #46
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Hell guys, lets fire the entire US military high command and appoint this bunch. Obviously they dont know half as much as everyone else in here when it comes to conducting combat operations and invading and overthrowing dictatorships.

With that said, you can never predict the future and hindsight is always in 20/20. You say we should have been firmer about the lawlessness? What could we have done? Shoot the looters? I'm sure Al-Jezeera and their chronies at NBC/ABC would have loved that. Then you guys would have *****ed about the US troops being too brutal.

The point is that the American military machine was built to be a liberating and mobile force, not an army of occupation.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:57 AM #47
Gagarin
Freedom ist Verboten!

Well you blast over loud spears that there is a curfue and that any one out after a certain time or performing any acts of lawlessness will be shot on the spot. How many people's deaths you think it would take before they stop looting..not as many as a bomb going off in fallujah thats for sure.
Old 08-14-2004, 02:40 PM #48
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by The Dread Pirate
Hell guys, lets fire the entire US military high command and appoint this bunch. Obviously they dont know half as much as everyone else in here when it comes to conducting combat operations and invading and overthrowing dictatorships.

With that said, you can never predict the future and hindsight is always in 20/20. You say we should have been firmer about the lawlessness? What could we have done? Shoot the looters? I'm sure Al-Jezeera and their chronies at NBC/ABC would have loved that. Then you guys would have *****ed about the US troops being too brutal.

The point is that the American military machine was built to be a liberating and mobile force, not an army of occupation.
What good is liberation if we can't occupy and KEEP it liberated?
Old 08-14-2004, 02:43 PM #49
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
What good is liberation if we can't occupy and KEEP it liberated?
Even if we left, it would still be liberated. As far as I know, Saddam won't be back in power any time soon-- or any other dictator for that matter.

Hey, cmon guys, if all else fails we just nuke Iraq and blame it on the Russians.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:15 PM #50
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by P8le Dricmade
Even if we left, it would still be liberated. As far as I know, Saddam won't be back in power any time soon-- or any other dictator for that matter.

Hey, cmon guys, if all else fails we just nuke Iraq and blame it on the Russians.
How do you know? We'd leave it in a state of either anarchism, or with a puppet government that would be overthrown and warlords would take thier place.