PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-10-2004, 03:24 PM #1
Azzkicka (Banned)

has been a member for 10 years
Kerry supports iraq war?

in the new york times kerry stated that he would have supported going to war with iraq even if there had been no WMDs. besides his purple hearts, isnt that what most of his campain is about? the fact that there were no WMDs and we shouldnt have attacked them? kerry=douche
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2004, 03:27 PM #2
Tiny (Banned)

Kerry and Bush are both douches!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:31 PM #3
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

He supports the war, but not how it is being fought.

Azzkicka, we truly will never really know what goes on in Kerry's
Old 08-10-2004, 03:34 PM #4
Azzkicka (Banned)

how are you supposed to fight a WAR. its war, you cant have a plan for war, nothing ever goes how you want in a war. you can have a strategy but you cant plan out the war and how you will get peace until the fighting is over
Old 08-10-2004, 03:37 PM #5
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Err, the war has a plan. When I said "fought", I didn't suggest that we don't train our soldiers well enough to kick ***. I suggested that our plan of attack was flawed.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:43 PM #6
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by P8le Dricmade
Err, the war has a plan. When I said "fought", I didn't suggest that we don't train our soldiers well enough to kick ***. I suggested that our plan of attack was flawed.
i was saying that you cant have a plan of attack, especially against guerilla warfare that is being fought over there, its impossible to even know the enemys exact numbers so theres no real way to have a plan. i think that if any soldiers died in iraq then they would say bush didnt have a plan. actually i would like to know of any wars in the last century that were fought as planned.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:44 PM #7
Tiny (Banned)

I think all of teh war on terrorism should have been handled by Special Operations Troops secretly, not by decimating a country with divisions of troops. Especially when that country wasn't even fingered as a terror country.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:48 PM #8
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Who's worse the one who proposes the war lying about the WMDs or the person who votes for it?
Old 08-10-2004, 03:49 PM #9
BCpro05

BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
Quite the contrary, our "attack" plan wasn't flawed (aside from some logistics issues) but rather the plan or lack of a plan(s) to successfully occupy/police the country after having won the war. Aside from anyone with mp related duties, the majority of our force arent familiar with procedures/plans etc, on how to well execute a successful occupation if you will.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:50 PM #10
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Matt Margolis of BushBlogs

I have to admit, when I first read that John Kerry answered President Bush challenge today, I thought "wow, Kerry actually gave a definitive answer."

But he didn't.

"[Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry said on Monday he would have voted for the congressional resolution authorizing force against Iraq even if he had known then no weapons of mass destruction would be found.
Taking up a challenge from President Bush, whom he will face in the Nov. 2 election, the Massachusetts senator said: "I'll answer it directly. Yes, I would have voted for the authority. I believe it is the right authority for a president to have but I would have used that authority effectively."]"

Kerry said he would have voted for the authority.

But that is not an answer to the question President Bush asked!

Bush said, "My opponent hasn't answered the question of whether, knowing what we know now, he would have supported going into Iraq. That's an important question and the American people deserve a clear 'yes' or 'no' answer."

Bush did not ask if Kerry would have voted for giving Bush the authority to use force, he asked if Kerry would have supported the actual use of force.

Clearly, Kerry's answer suggests he wouldn't. Kerry said he would have "used that authority effectively," but this isn't a game of make-believe where Kerry can tell us what he would have done. Kerry's criticism of the war itself, including his suggestion that we "rushed to war" (that's even after Kerry himself spent 14 years in the Senate warning us about Saddam Hussein) gives us Kerry's true answer.

Knowing what we know now, he would not have supported going into Iraq.

Why can't Kerry just come out and say it directly, instead of answering the wrong question?
Old 08-10-2004, 04:51 PM #11
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
Who's worse the one who proposes the war lying about the WMDs or the person who votes for it?
well since nobody lied i dont see what ur getting at
Old 08-10-2004, 05:22 PM #12
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Originally posted by atticus_finch
well since nobody lied i dont see what ur getting at
Old 08-10-2004, 05:29 PM #13
Tiny (Banned)

This is true noone lied, they were just very very misinformed, and touted slight misinformation by claiming that none of this war had anything to do with vengeance for attempted assassinations of homeboys father, or oil.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:03 PM #14
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

^yes finally...another voice of reason has emerged

i hate when liberals resort to Bush having inferiority complexes and secret ties with oil companies and alterior motives and whatnot
Old 08-11-2004, 12:19 PM #15
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiny
and touted slight misinformation by claiming that none of this war had anything to do with vengeance for attempted assassinations of homeboys father, or oil.
Oil, eh
Old 08-11-2004, 12:37 PM #16
KingmanSpyderTL

KingmanSpyderTL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
No one is lying, if you saw the information that Bush saw you would've gone to war also. Kerry, France, Germany all voted to go to war. Kerry even wrote a letter to Clinton telling him to watch out for WMD in Iraq in 1998.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:58 PM #17
elTwitcho

Quote:
Originally posted by Azzkicka
i was saying that you cant have a plan of attack, especially against guerilla warfare that is being fought over there, its impossible to even know the enemys exact numbers so theres no real way to have a plan
Are you smoking crack? Do you think they just gathered up 150 thousand combat troops, dropped them off in baghdad and said "Now GO! Go fight terror! GO!" ???

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 08-11-2004, 07:40 PM #18
Gagarin
Freedom ist Verboten!

lol Twitcho... you took that right out of my mouth.

Of course theres a plan for every war you idiot. War Planners have to calculate EVERY contingency...and they did but what happened was that Donald "Heil Hittler" Rumsfeld ignored a **** load of what the generals in charge of planing said. Rumsfeld thought that Iraqis would welcome us with open arms and didn't plan on guerilla warfare. He thought the shiites would rise up against the sunnis and help out the troops but what really happened was the Iraqi army disolved into the population and the former bathists and foriegn insurgents combined with pissed of locals to live out every littel jihadisits dream...to shoot and kill americans. From the begining Rumsfeld didn't let the troops lay down the law. The first rule of occupying a nation is to establish order..what happened when the armed forces got to baghdad? MASS LOOTING which set a precident(right word?) for the lawlessness that is going on to this day. When Rumbsfeld was asked why the marines are letting it go on he said " "It's untidy. And freedom's untidy. And free people are free to make mistakes and commit crimes."

Acording to Furor Von Rumsfelt we are free to loot and commit crimers in a democracy.....let me just go get my burglaring gloves! Roble Roble *****!
Get a job? The **** you talking to kid? I worked five years in a row when i was in the joint! Pressing them mother ****ing licence plates! Im a licence plate pressing mother ****er! Wheres a ***** gonna get a job out here pressing licence plates?

Last edited by Gagarin : 08-11-2004 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:45 PM #19
PB Commando
!

^ source?

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. There are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All This I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the Kingodm of Salvation take me home?"
Old 08-11-2004, 07:48 PM #20
Gagarin
Freedom ist Verboten!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/daily...935381,00.html
Get a job? The **** you talking to kid? I worked five years in a row when i was in the joint! Pressing them mother ****ing licence plates! Im a licence plate pressing mother ****er! Wheres a ***** gonna get a job out here pressing licence plates?
Old 08-11-2004, 07:54 PM #21
PB Commando
!

he also said we are free to live our lives and do wonderful things.... its part of democracy....and of cource there will be chaos when something like that happens...but he doesnt encourage the looting... youre like the media...always presenting the bad side of the stories

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. There are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All This I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the Kingodm of Salvation take me home?"