PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-09-2004, 06:55 PM #1
Artshark
Banned

02 (T1), 03/03m, and 05 and 07?

Before the split, ogi.tv mentioned the 05/07, higher end guns that're going to released. Any imfortation on them? My bet is the 05=raced O3M with better pneumatics, and 07=O3 with barrel kit, better LPR and overall better internals to make it Matrix/Timmy worthy.

Art
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2004, 06:57 PM #2
FL Native

has been a member for 10 years
guess its wait and see but they say the O5 will be released in the next few weeks. trust me the O3 is more than capible of keeping up with a timmy or an angel. now if we can just get our delrin bolts and datacable.
48/3000 HPA
Old 08-09-2004, 07:04 PM #3
jiffy38

Hey FL native i got two questions, how fast is your 03 and on your 45 ci tank how many shots do u get?
Old 08-09-2004, 07:07 PM #4
bodger
Beer Snob

Spurlock mentioneed that the 05 had a "revolutionary new operation design" Who owns the patents to this unkown gem now is unkown.
R7
Old 08-09-2004, 07:16 PM #5
FL Native

Odyssey is claiming to own them all in that article on 68 caliber.

jiffy38 : it has no problems keeping up with my brothers timmy and my friends speed. both of them tricked out.

as far as air usage i get about 600 - 700 shots off my tank.
i think i can increase this when they release the datacable so i can tweak the dwell and HPR,LPR settings. a delrin or nylatron bolt would be nice aswell. going to ad a QEV soon. allready got a new switch havent tested it yet though but its a 25g switch were the stock feels about 80g like a stock timmy switch.

i got mine from http://airsoldier.com
48/3000 HPA
Old 08-09-2004, 09:56 PM #6
Spool
I Don't Care

So does anyone actually have any info on the 05 or the 07? It's between the 03/05/07 if the last 2 are any good for my next marker. I fell in love with the 03 after shooting it this past weekend, and if the 05 and 07 are anything like it or better they will rock.
Crossfire 68/3000 Tank, 12V Revy w/Xboard.
Soon to Come:
QEV, Shocktech Detent, AKA SCM LPR, AKA 2 Liter, Evil Pipe System
Old 08-09-2004, 10:31 PM #7
woozle

woozle is a Supporting Member
The gripframe on the 03 looks like plastic, can anyone confirm this? Also what kind of eyes does it have, reflective or breakbeam? And what kind of holes are the bottomline setup like?
Old 08-09-2004, 10:46 PM #8
win_slow4
azodinpaintball.com

win_slow4 is a Supporting Member
win_slow4 is a founding member
woozle:

Grip frame is aluminum, the dusted finishes just look like plastic in the pictures - it weirded me out too

It has reflective eyes. The bottomline has standard holes, not the goofy spyder type. Also has a built in rail, pretty nifty.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:29 PM #9
m0nny
Cantrell

Will the body be different?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:11 PM #10
StealthRT
Touched by an Angel

StealthRT is a Supporting Member
Word that I heard was either the o5 and/or o7 will have self chrono technology...however they are also rumored to run in the $750 to $850 price range....
Old 08-13-2004, 03:00 AM #11
Tainen

stealth, that was a lame thread in the dragun forums a couple months ago when someone said "Wouldn't it be cool if they put chronos on the guns?"

but no, it wouldn't, and it is completely impractical in actuality.
Most guns spike over 300 once in a while, and so halfway thru a tourney a guy stands up and walks out because he peaked- haha.
Or a big bulky block hanging off the end of your front block, increasing size, weight, etc. of the gun...
no thx.
That will not be a feature..
it was a lame thread, too.

Old Feedback
New Feedback

Odyssey gun w/ extras
Old 08-13-2004, 05:01 PM #12
StealthRT
Touched by an Angel

Theres already a gun on the market that does have it, and its not like it runs all the time, you cycle thru the modes on the LCD to enter a chrono mode when you wish to use it..Its not at all big and bulky, its actually hardly noticable and with a bit of work could be concealed in a body design and no one would ever know...

My T1 never seems to spike at all, much less over 300..I can safely shoot 291 fps before a game, with an anti-siphon co2 tank, and have no fear that my velocity will spike when I'm checked after the game...Maybe if your useing a normal co2 on an unregulated gun, you would have spikes you speak of, but I doubt highly that those manufactures are going to include a self chono as a feature....

So I do disagree about it being unpractical...I think it would be very nice to have...I don't always feel like going to field when I want to mess around with my pressures/dwell or see what a gain my new lightweight bolt got me....
Old 08-13-2004, 07:59 PM #13
Viddles

Quote:
Originally posted by StealthRT
I don't always feel like going to field when I want to mess around with my pressures/dwell or see what a gain my new lightweight bolt got me....
Buy a handheld chrono $70 new or cheaper used.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:54 PM #14
Tainen

dbl post- sorry. read below.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:54 PM #15
Tainen

I respectfully disagree.
Chrono technology should stay off the gun.
No matter what, it would add some sort of bulk to the gun, no matter how small. And the fact that it would add about at least 50 dollars to the price of the gun would turn almost everyone off that I know- because they already have a chrono. Just a waste of time, money, effort, blah blah...
And I've seen many many guns spike before. Angels with nice regulators when shooting fast will still have a shot in every ten or so that might get another +6 or 7 fps, and its increasingly common the faster you fire. A lot of people turn their regs up to 295ish because they claim they have an amazing reg setup and shoot a stream over a chrono and it goes off.
But thats just my experience. If it was built into the gun, it would be that much more unwanted weight that is completely unneccesary during a tournament. If one came in box new with the gun, that would be a completely different matter.
But it was still just an ugly rumor. There has been no, absolutely NO mention of an on-gun chrono by anyone from OGI or OPP.
but they DO say it will have a completely new internal design. That I have heard. I am hoping it has some sort of fully pneumatic design. I really don't like the spring in my gun, and it provides most of the kick.
Most of the pneumatic ways to operate a bolt have already been thought of, so I'm guessing it'll be very similar to someone elses design..

Old Feedback
New Feedback

Odyssey gun w/ extras
Old 08-14-2004, 12:14 AM #16
bird

In the interview with George Spurlock, he said upcoming guns would have the on gun chrono. He didn't say if it was the O5, O7, or both.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:07 AM #17
StealthRT
Touched by an Angel

Yeah it would add a tad bit of weight, but I really think it would be so little that you wouldn't hardly notice it. Feel the weight of a handheld chrono, minus the batterys, because it'll use the same ones the gun it using, and minus all the fancy plasic shell to protect the internals, becaue the guns body/grip frame will be doing that..

Yes it would add cost to the gun, no way to argue about that...but if it comes out, either way people are not going to pass up buying one just because it does have the chrono....If it does have it, and is included in the price, no one will really ***** about it I don't think...Some might not use it, some might not want it, but I think they'd still buy the gun...provided its incorporated into the gun smoothly and all....

I also hope they go to a full pnumatic setup...I don't hate my spring return, but I would like to see even less kick as a result of a full pnumatic setup. I would like to see a "o5" kit or something, some sort of drop in for T1 owners to switch to a full pnumatic operation if the new guns are indeed equipped with it...

I knew I heard it somewhere that dragun said something to that effect, just didn't know where it was...
Old 09-01-2004, 05:52 AM #18
red dragun

patents

Quote:
Originally posted by bodger
Spurlock mentioneed that the 05 had a "revolutionary new operation design" Who owns the patents to this unkown gem now is unkown.
Both Mr Spulock and Mr Yea sign the patent, and both parties have copies but part of the break up is mostly that after they signed, the taiwn company, behind Mr. Spulock changed and only put their signature on the patent. so the lawsuit is big.
the o3 is a air ramlike angel or timmy
the 05 is a spring return spool valve
the o7 is a hammerless valve
all is design by Mr Spurlock owner of ogi "one group international"
and dragun empire.
Mr. Yea is owner of sunworld located in tainan taiwan which only has manufacturing and capital. no design only outlook.
any ? you can ask me.

Last edited by red dragun : 09-04-2004 at 03:15 AM.