PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-08-2004, 09:30 PM #1
retardawn
Banned

farenheit 9/11 showed me the light

ok, did anyone here see the 7 minutes of bush sitting in his chair after he heard "the nation is under attack" from one of his aids? He was doing a publicity stunt instead of running a country and was told the nation is under attack, only to sit and pretend to read a book to some students. Bush does not have the qualities needed to manage a country, hell he couldn't manage a dairy queen. If you hate michael moore, and love bush, i strongly recommend you buy a ticket to some other movie (thus avoid paying moore for his "mockumentary") and go see farenheit. What's more important- 2 hours spent seeing the other side of the spectrum? or letting ignorance rule you and sway your votes?

Last edited by retardawn : 08-09-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2004, 09:33 PM #2
elTwitcho

has been a member for 10 years
Oh **** no

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 08-08-2004, 09:34 PM #3
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Re: farenheit 9/11 showed me the light

Quote:
Originally posted by retardawn
ok, did anyone here see the 7 minutes of bush sitting in his chair after he heard "the nation is under attack" from one of his aids? He was doing a publicity stunt instead of running a country and was told the nation is under attack, only to sit and pretend to read a book to some students. Bush does not have the qualities needed to manage a country, hell he couldn't manage a dairy queen. If you hate michael moore, and love bush, i strongly recommend you buy a ticket to some other movie (thus avaoid paying moore for his "mockumentary") and go see farenheit. What's more important- 2 hours spent seeing the other side of the spectrum? or letting ignorance rule you and sway your votes?
Once again, posts will go as follows:

Conservative: You are an idiot for believing anything in that movie. Posts 1000 websites contradicted ideas in film.

Conservative: Quote and thumbs up.

Conservative: Personal attack on Michael Moore as, "fat", possible "douche" thrown in.

Conservative: F 9/11 IS ALL LIES!

Conservative: F 9/11 is ignorance in itself.

And so on. It's so predictable.

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-08-2004 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:36 PM #4
Hubris

If you didn't know any of that beforehand, you shouldn't be making threads and flaunting your newly acquired "knowledge."

I'll put knowledge in quotations for our conservative forum friends.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:38 PM #5
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by Hubris
If you didn't know any of that beforehand, you shouldn't be making threads and flaunting your newly acquired "knowledge."

I'll put knowledge in quotations for our conservative forum friends.
Dammit, forgot that one. Blast.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:42 PM #6
kameleon
street by street

Quote:

For serious. I dont even follow politics that much but i honesly coulndt finish watching f 9/1,1 it was all info i already new about but they made it like some huge deal.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:43 PM #7
retardawn
Banned

WHY THE HELL AM I BEING LABELED AS A CONSERVATIVE? for the last time, republicans are conservative (bush is one of them, by the way), democrats are more liberal. And farenheit is "ALL LIES!" what the hell is that about? ok, i guess you're right, september 11th never happened, and no one died, and since you said that, i know you didn't see the movie. so until you take your mouth off of the president's rusty sheriff's badge, don't say anything
Old 08-08-2004, 09:46 PM #8
Hubris

On the contrary. I have seen that bland movie.

It's rather obvious why you're being labeled as a conservative. You're a Bush lover.

I keed, I keed. When I mentioned conservative forum friends I was not referring to you. And that conservative scum comment was a JOKE.

Sheesh.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:53 PM #9
retardawn
Banned

wow.... hilarious. why's the movie bland again? OH! you must've wandered into the wrong theater. yeah, there's no woman in a leather stripper costume in this theater, try again
Old 08-08-2004, 09:55 PM #10
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
wow.... hilarious. why's the movie bland again? OH! you must've wandered into the wrong theater. yeah, there's no woman in a leather stripper costume in this theater, try again
For some reason, I kinda wish retard didn't agree with me politically...
Old 08-08-2004, 09:57 PM #11
retardawn
Banned

i'm just trying to tell him that just because a movie doesn't have fight scenes or sex, it isn't bland or bad. that's all
Old 08-08-2004, 09:59 PM #12
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
i'm just trying to tell him that just because a movie doesn't have fight scenes or sex, it isn't bland or bad. that's all
He's saying that he already knew everything that Moore put into the film and it was hardly revolutionary. The only parts one may not have heard of are the sometimes farfetched assumption Moore claims to make in it.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:01 PM #13
Hubris

Quote:
No ****? Considering you're playing on that American stereotype about sex and Hollywood, I'd say that proves your ignorance further. Good job buddy.

By the way, I thought it was bland because it had too many Hollywood-esque (only word I could think of to describe it) qualities such as sex and violence. I'm not saying it was chock full of sex and violence, but it's meant to appeal to the American people through a means of humor. Ironically it wasn't that funny. It would have been much better if it had focused much more on the Bush administration as a whole, and had less of that weeping mother grieving for her son. I was looking forward to learning more about key figures such as Donald Rumsfeld, Tom Ridge, Colin Powell and John Ashcroft. Needless to say, I was grossly disappointed.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:02 PM #14
retardawn
Banned

ok, yeah, you should see the movie too, because that didn't happen. Moore didn't exagerate anything. He didn't say anything about how bush raped some poor guy's wife or anything. He presented facts under a biased opinion, and that's all. Perhaps you're mistaking an opinion with an exageration
Old 08-08-2004, 10:03 PM #15
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
I was looking forward to learning more about key figures such as Donald Rumsfeld, Tom Ridge, Colin Powell and John Ashcroft. Needless to say, I was grossly disappointed.
Yeah, I was hoping he'd tear Rumsfeld a new one. I hate that guy.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:05 PM #16
Monday
The Worst Day Of The Week

I snuck into that **** after napoleon dynamite today, I walked out of the theatre.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:08 PM #17
retardawn
Banned

cool, i applaud your dedication
Old 08-08-2004, 10:10 PM #18
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by Monday
I snuck into that **** after napoleon dynamite today, I walked out of the theatre.
Wait, so you snuck in... then walked out of the theater. Was this BEFORE or AFTER it was over?
Old 08-08-2004, 10:11 PM #19
PB Commando
!

i take it retard that ur one of those people who are easily swayed by what u see in the media. Way to follow the propaganda!

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. There are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All This I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the Kingodm of Salvation take me home?"
Old 08-08-2004, 11:06 PM #20
ckyskizzy

Fahrenheit 9/11 isn't "lies" it's just obnoxiously one-sided. You can cut and clip any footage to make it appear the way you want, and Fahrenheit goes way out of its way. Not that it's ever been queued as anything BUT obnoxiously biased or anything, but you go into a movie knowing its horribly one-sided and you come out with altered perspectives? Sounds like someone who has seen the crowd, not the light.

That stupid publicity shot thing has been brought up so many times, and it's still absolutely retarded. Okay, let's get the facts:

1. Bush was scheduled to appear for a photo op at a school with Kindergarten students.

2. 9/11 happened in the middle of this photo op.

3. He was told about the occurances, and continued the photo op.

Alright, I agree, that looks pretty messed up. Thats why Michael Moore shows that to you. What never gets mentioned is that there was nothing he could do at the time. There was no plan of action. There was no contingency. Furthermore, there was nothing ANY president could do that wasn't already being done. You realize that not only the WTC was hit, not only was a plane crashed in PA, but the PENTAGON was hit. Amid all that chaos, the president sitting in a chair with a bunch of school children, 30 miles from Air Force One and with absolutely NOTHING he can do. So, when there's nothing you can do, and a school full of children eager to see you, what do you do? You finish your appointment and then do whatever you can (which isn't much.)

You're talking about a half hour of the president's time, and that was a half hour of chaos in which NO ONE could've accomplished anything useful. An hour after the attacks, he made one of the best speaches in the history of the the presidency in THE most stressful time of ANY presidency. Again, Michael Moore only lies in his books... in his movies, he just convincingly presents one side of the story.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:48 PM #21
atm2005
AKA Viking

Wink Re: Re: farenheit 9/11 showed me the light

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
Once again, posts will go as follows:

Conservative: You are an idiot for believing anything in that movie. Posts 1000 websites contradicted ideas in film.

Conservative: Quote and thumbs up.

Conservative: Personal attack on Michael Moore as, "fat", possible "douche" thrown in.

Conservative: F 9/11 IS ALL LIES!

Conservative: F 9/11 is ignorance in itself.

Say anything good about Bush and post will go as follows:

Liberal: Bush is stupid, post 1000 websites saying what he has done stupid.

Liberal: Quote and thumbs up

Liberal: Bush lies

Liberal: More personal attacks on Bush saying he is "stupid" and "lies" and "dodged the draft" thrown in.

Liberal: Iraq is all about oil.

Liberal: I can run the country better than he can.