PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-07-2004, 09:37 PM #85
redraider
lllllllllllllllllllllllll

has been a member for 10 years
Actually a better argument would be that North Kores doesn't have the means to get the warheads across the atlantic. Since, after all, they did threaten the US awhile back.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2004, 09:37 PM #86
therandommherrro

but he would have lol. i dont care nemore evrything i said, forget it, im thruogh, this argument will go on forever

"spooning leads to forking"
on a shirt"im not gay, but my boyfriend is"
Old 08-07-2004, 09:38 PM #87
therandommherrro

Quote:
Originally posted by redraider
Actually a better argument would be that North Kores doesn't have the means to get the warheads across the atlantic. Since, after all, they did threaten the US awhile back.
hey buddy easy on the posts

Old 08-07-2004, 09:39 PM #88
redraider

Lol, fixed.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:39 PM #89
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

Quote:
Originally posted by atticus_finch
whenever people bring up the north korea argument i think there is one thing people miss: North Korea doesnt have muslims who follow a religion that encourages violence against the non believers
That is not AT ALL what Islam encourages. Al Qaeda are extremists who believe that. Your normal, everyday Muslim would not attempt to kill you or me because we don't practice the same religion as them.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:40 PM #90
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
whenever people bring up the north korea argument i think there is one thing people miss: North Korea doesnt have muslims who follow a religion that encourages violence against the non believers
You're showing your true naiveté. Muslims don't believe in violence aginst other religions any more than christians do and it sickens me that you think otherwise. There as a recently released book about some christians' last days on earth or something, and they slaughter all the nonbelievers or "heathens" as they call it. It was a story in the Times a few weeks ago. If that book had been MUSLIMS slaughtering the heathens it would have been burned! People would've boycotted it and protested it! Instead, housewives read it and smile quaintly "knowing" they're not a heathen.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:40 PM #91
therandommherrro

hey i was actually reading the quaran the other day and in one of the"chapters" i found that muhammed actually beleived that jesus was the son of god, it even ssays it

Old 08-07-2004, 09:40 PM #92
MidnightPaintball
Banned

Quote:
good point, but i don't believe for a minute saddam would be stupid enough to give up his power because we are infidels. He'd probably target a smaller more vonerable country.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:41 PM #93
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

Quote:
And Iraq does?
Old 08-07-2004, 09:42 PM #94
redraider

Quote:
Originally posted by El Presidente
That is not AT ALL what Islam encourages. Al Qaeda are extremists who believe that. Your normal, everyday Muslim would not attempt to kill you or me because we don't practice the same religion as them.
You should read the Quran. I know this sounds outrageous, but the Shiites are actually interpreting the texts correctly. The sunnis are watering down Islam to make it more 'acceptable' to the general public. But, you're mostly right, since our average Muslim is a Sunni.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:42 PM #95
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by therandommherrro
hey i was actually reading the quaran the other day and in one of the"chapters" i found that muhammed actually beleived that jesus was the son of god, it even ssays it
This is the last self righteous "My religion is right" post on this thread. You're done.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:43 PM #96
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
You're showing your true naiveté. Muslims don't believe in violence aginst other religions any more than christians do and it sickens me that you think otherwise. There as a recently released book about some christians' last days on earth or something, and they slaughter all the nonbelievers or "heathens" as they call it. It was a story in the Times a few weeks ago. If that book had been MUSLIMS slaughtering the heathens it would have been burned! People would've boycotted it and protested it! Instead, housewives read it and smile quaintly "knowing" they're not a heathen.
Thank you for backing up my argument.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:43 PM #97
therandommherrro

how about no

Old 08-07-2004, 09:44 PM #98
redraider

Quote:
And Iraq does?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he had the missles but not the nukes. Could be wrong though. Besides, I'm not defending the case for Iraq, I'm attacking the case for North Korea.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:45 PM #99
therandommherrro

that lasts post was directed to slinger

Old 08-07-2004, 09:45 PM #100
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

Quote:
what im saying is that the islam religion predisposes it towards extremism cuz if u read it you will see passages that encourage violence.

its not inherently violent, just inherently easy to skew to be extremely violent (as we have seen). the world would be better off without islam
Old 08-07-2004, 09:46 PM #101
redraider

Quote:
the world would be better off without islam

Careful there, buddy.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:47 PM #102
Hubris

Quote:
You should read the Quran. I know this sounds outrageous, but the Shiites are actually interpreting the texts correctly. The sunnis are watering down Islam to make it more 'acceptable' to the general public. But, you're mostly right, since our average Muslim is a Sunni.
Um...I'm pretty sure the average Muslim is a Shia but I could be wrong. The degree of Muslim extremism doesn't determine whether or not one is Sunni or Shia, it's just a common stereotype that Shia Muslims are more radical.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:47 PM #103
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
ok i dont care about some gay book

can u name 3 major world conflicts that dont involve muslims? i am really anxious to hear about it

tell me why since the mid 70s most terrorist attacks have been committed by muslims and not christians, buddhists, confusciasts (sp?), or hindu people?
Old 08-07-2004, 09:48 PM #104
Hubris

Quote:
what im saying is that the islam religion predisposes it towards extremism cuz if u read it you will see passages that encourage violence.

its not inherently violent, just inherently easy to skew to be extremely violent (as we have seen). the world would be better off without islam
Atticus, my respect for you is diminishing by the post.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:48 PM #105
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

Quote:
Careful there, buddy.
let me rephrase: the world would be better off without religion