Check this out... bad press

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?B...AG =461&rfi=9
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2001, 09:44 PM #2
Budha
Paint Slüt

has been a member for 10 years
thank you goldfish. I gave those bastards what they needed. EVERYONE DEFEND YOUR SPORT. TO EVERYONE WHO IS A ****IGN LIBERAL, LOOK WHAT YOUR POLITICAL BUDDIES HAVE DONE NOW.

If you are a liberal, you should be embarrased.

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 06-19-2001, 09:47 PM #3
Spyder SKS
Anti-M&M Forces Commander

I voiced my opinion, altho Budha, I hope it wasnt written in an agressive tone, as that would only add to the negative view.

RIPPER COCKER FOR SALE. JUST $325
Old 06-19-2001, 10:02 PM #4
Budha
Paint Slüt

eh, I was calm, but I stated that that was the dumbest liberal article I have ever read. I kind of got mad, and I told them to get their heads out of their ***** and go play paintball and see how "violent" it is.

Old 06-19-2001, 10:13 PM #5
Viper
Engineering your future..

Viper owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lol
Old 06-19-2001, 10:16 PM #6
capaintballer

FUC.K IT

AHHHHHHHHHHHH ****. **** the government, **** the liberals **** everyone god damnit. I can't believe that someone actually wrote that piece of **** article! God damn those ****ing bastards. Why the hell can't they just leave us alone. I am sick of ignorant idiots who want to ban everything. **** political correctness. It isn't their job to censor the world for us. ****!!!!!!!!! I'll write a letter to them later after I think about how I can nicely but forcefully state my views.
Old 06-19-2001, 10:22 PM #7
Archist
Hated on by mods

aight i posted 5 things about it under 5 names, saying what a ******* he is =) not literally but in my own calm words
Old 06-19-2001, 10:30 PM #8
sorisko

I just wonder how they would like it if we started making pages about how reporters are blood sucking leeches.... they do anything to get a story... even chase down and kill famous people.. then tell me who's the violent ones?
Old 06-19-2001, 10:40 PM #9
fightinomish16
don

I posted somethin that wasnt very nice, but it didnt swear so it might make it through the filter........
impulse #7814
Old 06-19-2001, 11:08 PM #10
Paintballboy

I can't believe that crap! I voiced my opinion about them and their stupid article (in a nice informative way!)
Old 06-19-2001, 11:44 PM #11
BeeRRunneR
says : FSP !

here's another one . . .

check out this BS . . .

http://www.timesdispatch.com/vametro/MGBZZZGAZNC.html

hits pretty close to home for me too, since that's not too far from my apt
Old 06-20-2001, 12:00 AM #12
sorisko

Well After Reading it I sent in a thing...

Dear Clinton Reporter,
After reading your article on Paintball quite frankly I am feeling sick. The way you portrayed Paintball being a violent sport is untrue, and blown out of proportion. In your article you said, “Paintball advocates maintain the sport does not encourage violence, yet the game is played with gun-like weapons and players often wear camouflage.” Paintballers don’t want to look like military people, they merely dress in camouflage to prevent being seen while playing in the woods, the exact same reasons people use camouflage to hunt in the woods, they are trying to not be seen by un coming animals. Paintball does use “guns” but they aren’t high-powered sniper riffles like many people believe. The guns have safety measures on the gun, such as the safety to prevent accidental discharge of the gun, velocity adjuster, to prevent high velocity’s that could hurt someone, and on top of those things at all respected fields must have a barrel plug inserted at the end of the barrel so that if both safety measures fail the barrel plug wont let the paint shoot out. All players must wear goggles that protect themselves from injury, and all goggles must go though a test make sure that paintballs wont break though the eye lens and injure someone. The test include 4 paintballs per second from one meter away. Paintball has changed a lot though the years, and it’s getting safer and safer as we go along. In fact there are less injuries in paintball then there are for bowling. According to insurance .31 injuries per 1000 for paintball, and .50 for bowling. Paintball doesn’t promote war either. Its like the grown up way of capture the flag, but instead of touching and getting the person out you must tag them with a paintball. And when you tag that person you are just eliminating them from the game so that you can ease up to that flag to get victory. Its not like you said in your report where if you get rid of them it makes it alright. It is almost like life, in order to go on to upper things you must take advantage of opportunities. Not in a way that you kill someone but in a way of eliminating bad things, and going up. But isn’t that what big company’s do? They move into a small town, and run them out of business. By getting rid of them they take advantage of an opportunity. Paintball doesn’t promote violence, but instead team work like your article said. You must talk to people on your team, make plans, and follow though on them. You learn a lot about people out on the fields, the other day we were out playing with people we didn’t even know. I think that also promotes communication skills. Playing with people teach you a lot of things, such as about new guns you have never seen before, skills to help you on the field, and so on. Again I will say it doesn’t promote violence, I have a 10 year old brother who plays paintball. He is one of the nicest kids ever, would never ever dream about hurting a animal let alone a person. But he plays, and ever since he has started playing I have noticed that he isn’t as shy around people, and my friends. Now he has something in common with them, and they talk to each other and help each other out on the field. Most of all paintball is fun. There’s nothing like going out on a nice sunny day and hanging out with your friends. It lets you talk about things that you normally wouldn’t talk about. If something is bothering it also helps relieve stress.
I have gotten a bunch of people into this sport that is growing rapidly, and it has taken some talking into on the parents part. They read articles like yours and think “Oh paintball is bad” But then they decide to let their kids have a try with it, and end up realizing that its not bad. My friends mother is pretty much Anti-Gun, and wasn’t really into the big idea of letting her son play paintball. Recently someone in her neighbor hood went around and shot out a window of her car with a BB gun. Well she decided to let her son have a chance playing, and she thought it was cool and funny watching kids go crazy out on the field. Paintball is one of the only sports where age, size, and gender don’t matter. I know a few girls that love this sport.
Unfortunately there are bad things that go on in paintball such as vandalism. But to tell you the truth most actual “Paintballers” wont do a thing like that, they know that if they are caught for doing something stupid like that that they could loose thousands of dollars worth of equipment they invested into. I think that if more schools would have paintball as a coarse or after school sport then there would be a lot less violence in school. There would be much more student involvement. They would have to have a certain grade to be able to compete in it, and they would try harder to get that grade. It would also attract kids to those schools that have it, and that in return could create more jobs for the school. Paintball overall is safe, and by having a school run field could maybe even end the “rec fields” in a area, which would create more money for schools to have. Having a field will pay off and eventually earn more money fast.
It’s a shame that the media has to have a scapegoat for everything. It cant be the fact that more violence is happening is from home could it? No you have to blame everyone else. Know what else is kind of funny? Showing murder things on the evening news… hmm… it looks like to me that that could be influencing kids. Nothing like getting idea’s from the evening news on how to kill people. I’m not trying to deflect anything, sure maybe to people that don’t know anything about paintball, then sure it looks violent… people shooting paintballs at each other. But maybe they should go out and play and see what its like before they make such prejudice statements.

Sincerely,

SORISKO
Old 06-20-2001, 12:02 AM #13
sorisko

hehe... thast 2 pages in word Whatcha Think?
Old 06-20-2001, 01:02 AM #14
capaintballer

Pro Paintball?

That was pretty good, took a little while to read though . I just hate **** like this though. I made another thread earlier about starting a new professional league and I think that if we had a good pro leauge to represent the sport it would drastically improve the public perception. I can't think of any sports that have pro leagues that are attacked like paintball is. I know paintball already has the NPPL but it really isn't a pro league. It is marketed terribly first off and it just doesn't seem to be that well run. I doubt anyone has ever heard of paintball because the saw something about the NPPL. If paintball had a real pro league, they could defend the sport and get people outside of paintball to notice it just like people might become interested in basketball or baseball by watching it on tv. Anyway, just my $0.02
Old 06-20-2001, 09:47 AM #15
sorisko

Re: here's another one . . .

Quote:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/vametro/MGBZZZGAZNC.html

hits pretty close to home for me too, since that's not too far from my apt

Yikes... I never would have thought it would happen right there.. I grew up in that town! Oh well... I think they are OVER REACTING, but what can you do? I think the press doesnt do a fair report either... they always make it seem bad and use PAINTBALL as a SCAPEGOAT...

capaintballer - I agree with you.. Sure the teams we have now are ok, I have never actually seen them but maybe thats the problem! There are never any "Pro" Tournys up here in VT. The only place I ever hear about touny's is in APG ( which I have only gotten once ) and here @ pbn.

Everyone - We need to all work together to get this bad reputation off of us. All of our "Owner Groups" need to work together.... after looking over a bunch of the groups I have realized that we all kinda hate each other because of our guns. Like in Sting "A Stinger is never "out-gunned". A Stinger makes every shot count, instead of randomly shooting paint." or "A Stinger is an honest player. A Stinger will never cheat or do anything that harms the sport of paintball. " I agree with the part about harms the sport of paintball... but they make it almost seem like just because they dont have a "high tech gun" we cheat...
"A Stinger is a gunfighter. Gunfighters do not rely on high-tech equipment, but SKILL." -- Excuse me?!? I must not have any skill because I use a M98....

And from TOG:
they talk about us "SmackerCracker 5000" like its a bad thing... Im not saying that those groups are bad or anything.. but fighting against us instead of for their sport is whats bad....
Old 06-20-2001, 09:49 AM #16
Budha
Paint Slüt

Beerrunner, that crap is nuts. I know that guy. He was beyond pissed and they are doing a lawsuit. I HATE THE ****ING LIBERAL WAY OF DOING THINGS!! Trust me, if Clinton woudlnt have been in office, those stupid *** gun measures woudlnt have been done. Its all Liberal fault. And dont even say its not.

Old 06-20-2001, 03:16 PM #17
capaintballer

My reply

I saw that they hadn't put up any of our replies yet so I figured I'd write this:

"This is to whoever decides which reader's opinions to put up: I know for a fact that a number of opinions have already been submitted regarding your article which unfairly attacks paintball. I would just like to let you know that it would be in your best interest to be a person of dignity and integrity and put the opinions up. Believe me when I say that the sport of paintball will overcome your coldhearted attack on it even if you do attempt to censor us. Your little liberal small town newspaper is not going to stop us from enjoying a sport we love. I am sickened by the article that was written because it seems that you did at least a little research and still acted in typical liberal fashion of wanting to have everything controlled by you because of course everyone else isn't capable of thinking for themselves, right? Hah! I'll leave it at that, email me if you would like to discuss this with me."

I'm thinking about writing another attack on liberals letter to them......
Old 06-20-2001, 03:45 PM #18
pbgod
y ehllo thar!

MORE

do an advanced sear on that newspaper's site...make sure you put Paintball as the topic, and seach all dates...there was one other similar article in the past...

I think there needs to be a major organization of SOME SORT that represents paintball as a whole, not just tourney playes, not just sponsored players, not even just people that play at fields, i mean EVERYONE that plays safe.

I have e-mailed WARPIG on the subject, and i think everyone should...if not an organization, at least a group of manufacturers, fields, and more...i think it would greatly help the sport...

f*cking liberals...
and a hell of a lot of paint
Old 06-20-2001, 04:09 PM #19
capaintballer

I think having a real pro league would be enough because if it is taken seriously there is no way anyone can try to attack a legitimate professional sport.
Old 06-20-2001, 04:11 PM #20
pbgod
y ehllo thar!

THats not entirely true, but it certainly would stop most of it...

IM me TiltedWORLD is my AIM name
and a hell of a lot of paint
Old 06-20-2001, 04:35 PM #21
Bigfoot16
SEXY *****!

We need like a paintball anti defamation league to have some sort of organised responce to these kind of inflamitory assaults on the image of paintball.

I'm not suffering from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.

***Black 2.0 Dark Angel w/ 68/4500 Maxflo***

2k cocker w/ 68 4500 conquest and some odds and ends