PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-05-2004, 09:41 PM #1
ToMAto-MAn
Banned

new comercail

thier a new comerical, just say it tonight when my dad was waching oriely, ****ing republican, lolz. its harshg as hell!!

its all these peopel that faught in the vietnam war, sayign kerry is fake, and an ******* and a liar and all this **** and this guy and all the peopel that made it, like a boat or crew in the war, said he didnt save a mans life or anythign.

discuss.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2004, 03:35 AM #2
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

has been a member for 10 years
jesus christ are you retarded or just illiterate?

B9 Username: Youth In Asia
Old 08-06-2004, 08:15 AM #3
Hubris

Oh...my...god....

You sir, get my vote

...for worst ****ing speller on this entire forum.

As for the commercial, meh. It's stupid, but it's politics. Did you expect anything less?
Old 08-06-2004, 09:43 AM #4
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

They are called Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth, they are actual navy crewmen who served with and under John Kerry during his time in Vietnam. It is considered a 529 organization just like moveon.org. McCain has already asked the Republicans to distance themselves from this organization but from what I have heard about them they are not partisan to one side or the other, they are concerned that Kerry falsely egagerated parts of his service for political gain. If Kerry is going to use his Vietnam service in his campaign he is going to have to expect stuff like this. Personally I think it is tacky and could backfire if you attack someone's service record, I said the same thing when the Democrats attacked Bush's national guard service.

http://www.swiftvets.com/
Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
--unknown
Old 08-06-2004, 09:56 AM #5
crucial_fiction
Huh??!!

crucial_fiction is a Supporting Member
Also, didn't Kerry decide to 'throw away' (for lack of a better term) all of his earned medals for service when he came back to the states from vietnam?

IMHO, if you do something like that your service record becomes null and void because you just threw away the blood of americans who had earned those merits before you and you don't deserve to be associated with them.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:11 AM #6
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

I posted question in another thread saying the samething. I thought it was curious too.
Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
--unknown
Old 08-06-2004, 10:26 AM #7
Hubris

As far as I know, both Fox News and CNN report that those vets never served directly under Kerry.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:44 AM #8
BCpro05

BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally posted by Hubris
As far as I know, both Fox News and CNN report that those vets never served directly under Kerry.
from what I've read thats absolutely true..however, many were present on other swift boats during an action where Kerry saved a fellow squid and was thus awarded a bronze star, and accounts from Kerry differ greatly from those of the 15+ other men that were engaged in the same action...food for thought?
Old 08-06-2004, 10:49 AM #9
Hubris

When I defend Kerry, I don't mean to imply that he's a saint. Nor do I mean to imply that I like him as a presidential candidate. Just sayin'.... But yeah, we'll just have to wait a little more and see what surfaces from this Vietnam vet support/detriment.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:49 AM #10
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

swift boats operated in teams of three most of these guys served on the other two boats which supposably witnessed what actually went on with John Kerry over there.
--unknown
Old 08-06-2004, 11:00 AM #11
BCpro05

BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
I was all for letting sleeping dogs lay before Kerry opened himself up during the convention, and basically used his service as a platform as opposed to how he proposes to change what he feels is wrong with the current admin....but now it's open season on him as far as I'm concerned, he brought this on himself!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:13 PM #12
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Yeah, I wish he would release a bit more about his plans. If Dean were running, ****, he'd get it done. Dean's the man. Oh well...
Old 08-06-2004, 12:27 PM #13
Tiny (Banned)
The Real Tiny

Quote:
Originally posted by crucial_fiction
IMHO, if you do something like that your service record becomes null and void because you just threw away the blood of americans who had earned those merits before you and you don't deserve to be associated with them.
I disagree; I threw away my Silver Star because all it did was resurface memories of burnt children falling to pieces in my hands and a good soldier who bled to death as I carried his dying body 12 miles. Not memories I want to retain through a piece of metal on a ribbon! Of course his was a rebellion against the system and mine was psychological but it still has worth.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:06 PM #14
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Tiny is the man

Old 08-06-2004, 04:06 PM #15
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Quote:
Originally posted by crucial_fiction
Also, didn't Kerry decide to 'throw away' (for lack of a better term) all of his earned medals for service when he came back to the states from vietnam?
He threw away the ribbons he was awarded, he hung onto his medals.

Old 08-06-2004, 11:36 PM #16
kameleon
street by street

Here is another site about vets against kerry

http://www.kerrylied.com