Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-06-2004, 11:42 AM #22
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

has been a member for 10 years
RedfordRenegade plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDrake
could be better but things are looking up. The company I worked for downsized a couple of weeks ago and I lost my job but I have some good leads on some really good opportunties. Hopefully I will finally get my dream job along with a 10K raise, then I'll be able to buy that BKO i've been wanting.
Cool bro, this is the first time I've talked about paintball in ST for quite some time. I play every weekend and hope to make it up to your neck of the woods very soon. But for now during the week, my job is pretty hectic so I jump on here to spout foul mouthed verbal garbage to the masses.
Politcs are going well, my friend is running for a seat in the Vermont house of Representatives coming up. I have a seat on his comittee. It should be an interesting time.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2004, 11:44 AM #23
Hubris

That **** that happened yesterday was lame sauce. En to the trap to the ment.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:46 AM #24
crucial_fiction
Huh??!!

crucial_fiction is a Supporting Member
Well as callous as it sounded I didn't mean for it to sound that way...however hypothetical the question is, it still should be asked...

Well, I agree the homeland security **** is a joke. It will continue to be one. But, I can honestly say that I do feel a little bit better about security in the united states now than 3 years ago...I can say this because currently I live in Japan. Military or not, when I come back home for vacation it doesn't mater if I'm military or not I'm getting hounded with questions in immigration. So believe it or not, security is getting a bit tighter.

Now as far as the comparison for the $500 million every five days in Iraq compared to $500 million in 3 years for PORT security...

Take it there is 130+k troups in Iraq. That $500 million goes to Gas, Food, Munitions, Upkeep of equiptment/living quarters, transportation, plust hundreds of other costs for 130,000 troops...24hrs a day 7 days a week. I can see that.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:54 AM #25
BCpro05

BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
Unfortunately we're in an age where we'll have to start putting ourselves first, we've done far too much for far too long to appease the rest of the world, in all honesty who cares what the frogs or germans think, it's our security at risk for once and we see where they stand..which is against us!

Reason Bush is disliked is because unlike past liberal administrations, he doesn't pucker up to the other countries, and in this day and age I agree fully with his decision not to do so.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:57 AM #26
crucial_fiction
Huh??!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BCpro05
Unfortunately we're in an age where we'll have to start putting ourselves first, we've done far too much for far too long to appease the rest of the world, in all honesty who cares what the frogs or germans think, it's our security at risk for once and we see where they stand..which is against us!

Reason Bush is disliked is because unlike past liberal administrations, he doesn't pucker up to the other countries, and in this day and age I agree fully with his decision not to do so.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:02 PM #27
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

Hypothetical:
I don't mean to take money from the troops in any way but maybe instead of having them in Iraq we could be putting 100 million a day into Homeland Security.
That would provide this nation with the best defense available and still provide bush's buddies with the research and development money they need so badly.
Shore up our nations borders.
They just pulled a Border Patrol checkpoint near my town for lack of funds. They were catching illegals there every day. Lack of funds.

Yet at the same time funds from the Department of Homeland Security are dispersed disproportionately.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:04 PM #28
crucial_fiction
Huh??!!

Quote:
Originally posted by RedfordRenegade
Hypothetical:
I don't mean to take money from the troops in any way but maybe instead of having them in Iraq we could be putting 100 million a day into Homeland Security.
That would provide this nation with the best defense available and still provide bush's buddies with the research and development money they need so badly.
Shore up our nations borders.
They just pulled a Border Patrol checkpoint near my town for lack of funds. They were catching illegals there every day. Lack of funds.

Yet at the same time funds from the Department of Homeland Security are dispersed disproportionately.
Trust me bro, there isn't really anyone that wants all of our troops back from Iraq as much as I do. I spent 4 tours over in the middle east in 4 years and I totally hate it. I would personally like that to go through where our boys come home and we put that money twords our shores and our borders...

but alas, it's late and I'm tired as hell...was nice talkin with ya'll tonight...I learned a few things...goodnight
Old 08-06-2004, 12:05 PM #29
RedfordRenegade
Paintballer Non-esquire

well, I got stuff to do so I gotta run.
Good reasonable chat crucial...thanks.
Remember kids...War starts with "W".
Old 08-06-2004, 12:06 PM #30
BCpro05

Redford - I agree to an extent, however I believe we go a step further and close the borders, not "seal" but rather close and more closely monitor who comes and who goes...every other country in the world does this..why shouldn't we? I understand the undertaking would be absurdly expensive..but I'd pay higher taxes if it helped guarantee our freedoms and way of life...who wouldn't?
Old 08-06-2004, 12:25 PM #31
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
They aren't AGAINST us. They're against invading a nation on false pretenses. I'm sure they would do everything they could to help prevent another terrorist attack on us but just because they don't agree with the war in Iraq doesn't mean they hate us and want the terrorists to kill us. You're reaching for connections on two seperate topics.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:31 PM #32
Tiny (Banned)

I am voting for Michael Badnarick because I am Libertarian. It is a shame that so many of you only vote for the two prevailing parties because "you don't want to "waste" your vote on a party that can't win." The way a party has a chance is by gaining votes. The Republicans cater to their corporate friends and tell you what you can think through censorship, the Democrats take you tax money and give it over to people without your blessing and create a gigantic government that watches over you. Vote for Freedom for a change. You all use Freedom in your rhetoric about why we are decimating foreign sovereign nations. Try adding that rhetoric to your voting choices. All of you who perpetuate this false sense of security in two parties riddled with indiscretions sicken me. Face it changes will not happen if you don't make it happen. Quit voting and living life for convenience try voting and living life for what you believe in!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:34 PM #33
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiny
I am voting for Michael Badnarick because I am Libertarian. It is a shame that so many of you only vote for the two prevailing parties because "you don't want to "waste" your vote on a party that can't win." The way a party has a chance is by gaining votes. The Republicans cater to their corporate friends and tell you what you can think through censorship, the Democrats take you tax money and give it over to people without your blessing and create a gigantic government that watches over you. Vote for Freedom for a change. You all use Freedom in your rhetoric about why we are decimating foreign sovereign nations. Try adding that rhetoric to your voting choices. All of you who perpetuate this false sense of security in two parties riddled with indiscretions sicken me. Face it changes will not happen if you don't make it happen. Quit voting and living life for convenience try voting and living life for what you believe in!
yeah but heres how i gotta look at it: i would consider myself a libertarian, but my #1 priority isnt getting a libertarian in office, its keeping a liberal out of office. So im gonna put my vote to whoever has the best chance of doing that.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:41 PM #34
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiny
the Democrats take you tax money and give it over to people without your blessing and create a gigantic government that watches over you.
Bill Clinton signed the Welfare Reform act kicking millions off welfare while G.W. signed in the Patriot Act, taking away several key civil liberties through surviellance.

Something to ponder.
Old 08-06-2004, 12:58 PM #35
BCpro05

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
They aren't AGAINST us. They're against invading a nation on false pretenses. I'm sure they would do everything they could to help prevent another terrorist attack on us but just because they don't agree with the war in Iraq doesn't mean they hate us and want the terrorists to kill us. You're reaching for connections on two seperate topics.
I beg to differ, the countries in my statement are most certainly "against" us and for obvious reasons...which often get glazed over...re: the oil for food fiasco at the UN of which France and Germany had the most to lose if information which has recently come to light were made public! if thats not an alterior motive, I don't know what is...and to think what else those bozos may be trying to hide???? no, they're not against us, they're just against us finding out the extent of their countries not adhering to UN sanctions? Kind of interesting how members of the coalition weren't mentioned in the papers referencing the "oil for food" issue, however the 3 or 4 Nations that were, just happened to be the same countries threatening to veto the resolution we were attempting to pass with the UN prior to OIF...hmmmmmm
Old 08-06-2004, 01:01 PM #36
BCpro05

Quote:
Bill Clinton signed the Welfare Reform act kicking millions off welfare while G.W. signed in the Patriot Act, taking away several key civil liberties through surviellance.

Something to ponder.
you have something to hide? I don't and could care less, if it means we'll be better protected...and possibly even catch some domestic criminals as well....not bad in my book!
Old 08-06-2004, 01:02 PM #37
BCpro05

and for gods sake...give me a break trying to keep up with your responses! Its Friday afterall ;-)
Old 08-06-2004, 01:07 PM #38
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
I beg to differ, the countries in my statement are most certainly "against" us and for obvious reasons...which often get glazed over...re: the oil for food fiasco at the UN of which France and Germany had the most to lose if information which has recently come to light were made public! if thats not an alterior motive, I don't know what is...and to think what else those bozos may be trying to hide???? no, they're not against us, they're just against us finding out the extent of their countries not adhering to UN sanctions? Kind of interesting how members of the coalition weren't mentioned in the papers referencing the "oil for food" issue, however the 3 or 4 Nations that were, just happened to be the same countries threatening to veto the resolution we were attempting to pass with the UN prior to OIF...hmmmmmm
I think my dog just took a dump in this room.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:09 PM #39
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
you have something to hide? I don't and could care less, if it means we'll be better protected...and possibly even catch some domestic criminals as well....not bad in my book!
I don't have anything to hide but what scares me is the great likelyhood of innocent people being labled as treasonous and stripped of their rights because of profiling. It's happened already, lemme dig it up. It was a was a big story in Time I think.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:09 PM #40
BCpro05

Resvolve carpet cleaner works wonders..... :-P
Old 08-06-2004, 01:11 PM #41
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
and for gods sake...give me a break trying to keep up with your responses! Its Friday afterall ;-)
Haha, I'm just procrastinating on my summer homework. I go to work in like an hour anyway.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:11 PM #42
BCpro05

Quote:
I don't have anything to hide but what scares me is the great likelyhood of innocent people being labled as treasonous and stripped of their rights because of profiling. It's happened already, lemme dig it up. It was a was a big story in Time I think.

collateral damage....I can deal with it for the sake of National Security..and yes, even if I were directly affected..so I'm no hypocrite!