Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-05-2004, 04:13 PM #1
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

has been a member for 10 years
Prostitution

I think it should be legalized...
- It can be taxed so the Gvmt gets the money not the pimp.
- Safer for the prostitutes.
- Less likely to spread STDs. The Prostitutes can be subjected to weekly STD tests and then treated accordingly before they are allowed to work again.

Thoughts?

B9 Username: Youth In Asia
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2004, 04:27 PM #2
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Legalizing prostitution is common sense, which means most people, voters and politicians alike, are against it.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:36 PM #3
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
It's like legalizing MJ. The benefits FAR outwiegh the negatives but we've been brainwashed for years to think the other way around.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:57 PM #4
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Yeah Im also for legalization of Marijuana, i havn't smoked in months and can probably count the number of times I have in the last year on both my hands, but Im still completely for it. Most of the war on drugs money is against pot and if we legalized that and taxed it we would have an assload of extra money to fight the real **** like coke and heroine and be able to fund better rehab clinics. Im sure you two were already aware of that, just filling those less knowledgable in.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:06 PM #5
bern

Quote:
Originally posted by DreadLock Doc
Legalizing _________ is common sense, which means most people, voters and politicians alike, are against it.
insert nearly any currently illegal victimless crime.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:11 PM #6
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

haha, Bern. Is that avatar a t-shirt? That is hilarious.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:16 PM #7
bern

i think it is a banner being held up at a protest. i thought it was funny too.

edit: i fixed the scale, it looks much better now

Last edited by bern : 08-05-2004 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 05:19 PM #8
PB Commando
!

ya the fight to get rid of people smoking the reefer is a hopless cause its too wide spread same as prostitution.
heh i can see it now they will have to carry a Prostitution License but first they have to pass the tests.....

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. There are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All This I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the Kingodm of Salvation take me home?"
Old 08-05-2004, 07:18 PM #9
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

i think that both marijuana and prostitution are used by people who find it hard having a good time

but its just getting to the point where too many people are letting themselves get undisciplined weak so we should probably just legalize it and give up
Old 08-05-2004, 07:28 PM #10
Mag Master 21
Residential Dyno Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
It's like legalizing MJ. The benefits FAR outwiegh the negatives but we've been brainwashed for years to think the other way around.
L
O
L

It's a conspiracy man! Maybe we would like to hold some semblance of morality.. I mean, it's almost been completely destroyed thanks to the ACLU and other activist organizations.. I ask you, how do the benefits FAR outweigh the "negatives." If all you have is medicinal purposes, you're wasting your time..
"You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond they must not advance.. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny, we'll preserve for our children, this the last best hope of man on earth or we'll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
- Ronald Reagan
Old 08-05-2004, 07:49 PM #11
oreo
Undercover Brother

oreo is a Supporting Member
oreo is a Paintball photographer
i just dont see how 2 things that kill so many ppl a year is legal but something that makes you watch tv and eat cheetos isnt??
Old 08-05-2004, 07:54 PM #12
neubs

Quote:
Originally posted by atticus_finch
i think that both marijuana and prostitution are used by people who find it hard having a good time

but its just getting to the point where too many people are letting themselves get undisciplined weak so we should probably just legalize it and give up
The same can be said for Christainity. Christianity is called the religion of pity. Pity stands in opposistion to the emotions which enhance the energy of the feeling of life: it has a depressive effect. One loses force when one pities, thus becoming weak.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:55 PM #13
oreo
Undercover Brother

oreo is a Supporting Member
oreo is a Paintball photographer
uh dont turn this thread into something about religion
Old 08-05-2004, 08:00 PM #14
neubs

Quote:
Originally posted by Mag Master 21
L
O
L

It's a conspiracy man! Maybe we would like to hold some semblance of morality.. I mean, it's almost been completely destroyed thanks to the ACLU and other activist organizations.. I ask you, how do the benefits FAR outweigh the "negatives." If all you have is medicinal purposes, you're wasting your time..
To get into only those situations in which illusory virtues are of no use, but in which, like the tightrope-walker on his rope, one either falls or stands-or gets off...
Old 08-05-2004, 08:56 PM #15
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by Mag Master 21
L
O
L

Easy enough.

The health effects of marijuana are not as bad as the media portrays them. Organizations often say there more cancer causing agents in one marijuana cigarette than in one tobacco cigarette. While this is quite true, it is just as misleading. The average marijuana smoker will use two to four marijuana cigarettes a day while the average tobacco smoker will use forty to sixty in the same time frame.

No one has ever died from a marijuana overdose. It does not cause people to become violent and takes twice as long to develop a tumor in an average marijuana smoker than the average alcoholic.

Hemp is not only a comparatively safe substance, but it also has many commercial uses. Hemp is 80% hurds, which is the part that is used to make paper, making it take up one fourth the amount of space as a forest used for paper. It is not only more space efficient, but it is much easier to dye white using less of the environmentally unfriendly acid to dye it. Hemp also makes an extremely durable fiber that is already used in other countries is money making it last three times as long as the U.S. is. The fiber is also softer than cotton but needs almost one half of the amount of pesticides due to its natural durability.

Medicinal use is essentially ignored by the opponents of marijuana legalization. The product THC is the chemical in marijuana that has most of the medicinal properties. THC is very hard to synthesize and costs ten to twenty times the amount of money as compared to the same level of THC in natural hemp.Medicinal marijuana use has been proven to help reduce ocular pressure in the eyes for patients who have glaucoma, stimulates appetite and reduces nausea in chemotherapy patients and can also reduce pain in chronic migraine patients. All these highly beneficial qualities and yet, it is still illegal to grow or buy by federal laws. It is safer than many legal drugs but could be even safer if made by corporations due to filters and there would never be drugs laced into it as some drug dealers do to theirs to make the marijuana habit forming.

Jails would be far less cramped due to the fact that millions less would be incarcerated. Many hemp smokers are peaceful law abiding citizens yet the federal government has waged a so called, "war on drugs", which means that much more of your taxes is going into feeding, clothing and giving shelter to people who don't need your help. They tear apart families just because someone liked the way it made them feel and had a few ounces on them when they got pulled over for a minor traffic incedent.

I think that's enough benefits. Care to show me the error in my ways and how keeping it illegal helps society more than it harms?

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-05-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:02 PM #16
crucial_fiction
Huh??!!

crucial_fiction is a Supporting Member
This country would never all out legalize prostitution because face it. The good 'ole USA is full of prudes.

I've been all over this marble we call earth and I do have to say that the hang ups most americans have about sex is just stupid.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:05 PM #17
crucial_fiction
Huh??!!

Well, about the MJ thing. Show me studies and HARD FACTS, not assumptions and not well thought out research papers by proponents of MJ leagalization and I might be inclined to believe that *could* be taken as truth.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:16 PM #18
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by crucial_fiction
Well, about the MJ thing. Show me studies and HARD FACTS, not assumptions and not well thought out research papers by proponents of MJ leagalization and I might be inclined to believe that *could* be taken as truth.
That entire piece was written by me. Google any piece of it, it's not online. It was all part of a big paper two years ago. Lemme see if I can dig up the source page for it.

And for the record, I don't smoke.

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-05-2004 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:23 PM #19
crucial_fiction
Huh??!!

Slinger,

Maybe there was a misunderstanding, I didn't suggest that you just googled it. I was just stating that until I see HARD evidence supporting those claims I won't believe them.

Also maybe my idea of hard scientific evidence is skewed also because I tend to lean twords unbiased independant research than someone hired by pro/con issue supporters.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:24 PM #20
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
The medical benefits of marijuana rest within the cannabinoids, not the THC.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:52 PM #21
brackis
Banned

Marijuana can't give you mono, you can't rape and kill marijuana either....