Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-19-2001, 06:53 PM #1
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

has been a member for 10 years
Paintball at the warped tour!!!!!!

Warped World of Paintball featured as part of the 2001 Vans Warped Tour

The longest running summer concert festival in America, the Vans Warped Tour, will feature paintball as part of its attractions this year.

The Warped Tour, sponsored by Vans shoe company, hits 45 cities in seven weeks in features the best action sports, music, and action sports culture. The tour features three stages showing casing over 30 bands, which this year include Rancid, Pennywise, Less Than Jake, New Found Glory, H2O, AFI, The Misfits,311, Rollins Band, and many more.

Festival goers can also watch the finest motocross riders, skateboarders, inline skaters, and BMX riders perform all day, including Steve Caballero, Rick Thorne, Jon Comer, Collin Morrison, Twitch and more.

There are also several attractions at the tour, including nearly 100 vendors consisting of apparel, video game, and drink companies as well as record labels. Concert goers can also checkout the Ladies’ Lounge, featuring women in extreme sports and music, the Incredibly Strange Wrestling Federation, a troupe from San Francisco, Ernie Ball bass’ Battle of The Bands, Where Are They Now? Update on past tour artist. This year, paintball will be included.

The JT USA World of Paintball is presented by Warped Sportz, JT USA, and Disconnected Promotions. The area is sponsored by Tippman Pneumatics, National Paintball, Zap Paintballs, P8nt Magazine, Challenge Park Extreme, and Division I.

The area will feature two parts, an informational tent where festival goers can check video footage of the sport, sign up to win paintball and skateboard gear, pick up a special edition of P8nt Magazine called 300 Feet Per Second, a publication specially made for the tour, and grab lots of other free stuff, as well as look at featured products.

Right next to the tent is "The Cage," an area 6 feet wide by 50 feet long. It features a stand-up bunker at each end, and a dorrito in the middle. Warped Tourists wishing to checkout paintball can go one-on-one with their buddies.

While the area is really aimed at exposing new people to the sport, avid paintballers will want to check it out at least to meet the pros. Three members of Avalanche, Rocky Cagnoni, Weasel, and Eric Roberts, will all be appearing on the tour to do demos, and meet and greet anybody who cruises by the tent.

Also, many of the bands like Less Than Jake and AFI have already agreed to stop buy and check it out.

The Vans Warped Tour begins Friday, June 22, in Phoenix, Arizona. Come Check it out!

For more info and news check out www.warpedsportz.com under info/news - for updates , photos, and contest winners to follow after the 22nd!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2001, 06:56 PM #2
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

There one thing I missed and can't find! Are normal Am and Novice teams aloud to play or is there walk on play?
I'm going to the Virginia Beach stop!
Old 06-19-2001, 09:24 PM #3
HostileIntent
Run Thru Ninja

HostileIntent owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
I'm going but i do want to know if i should bring my marker, i don't want to leave it there while i don't play and listen to the tunes. And I want to play Rocky there and get him out!

*1ne

"you gotta get that money no matter how you do... secret inditement ****, right thur"
Old 06-19-2001, 09:25 PM #4
Budha
Paint Slüt

IAN !! ARE THEY COMING TO VANS SKATEPARK HERE AT POTOMAC MILLS????

"Another innocent victim of APG...."

"I need a self esteem boost.... I think I'll go play walkon!"

Cocker World New to cockers? Want to learn about them? Click the link.
Old 06-19-2001, 09:28 PM #5
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

I did skate, but PB took all of my time and money.
Old 06-20-2001, 07:28 PM #6
5pecial J
throwin' bows

I too used to skateboard... then paintball took over my life.
and skateboarding in PA sucks anyways!
Old 06-20-2001, 08:47 PM #7
XspyX
Team Backdraft

Yeah, skating isn't fun anymore

Paintball is better, I like the rush...
Old 06-20-2001, 09:00 PM #8
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

I don't get a rush from PB I just think it's extremely fun. I do get a little nervous when it's 3 vs me. I feel like i'm going to have a heart attack when I get bunkered unexpectedly. I do shake a little during tournies, but it's all good. I guess in some ways I do get some type of rush.
Old 06-20-2001, 11:33 PM #9
Pez King
Fiend

awsome! i already have my tickets...i was just going for the music before...but paintball is going to be there, even better!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six I did. The doctors didnt know if my eyes would ever heal. I was terrified. Alone in that darkness. Slowly, daylight crept in through the bandages, and I could see. And something else had changed inside of me. That day, i got my first head ache.
Old 06-21-2001, 01:06 AM #10
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by ian_emerson
There one thing I missed and can't find! Are normal Am and Novice teams aloud to play or is there walk on play?
I'm going to the Virginia Beach stop!
From what you explained in the post above it, it doesn't sound like theres being any tourny play, so ranking doesn't matter. And if you are talking about the cag, I'm sure they aren't going to check what rank you are. I'm sure anyone that wants to can play. Probably to help get people interested in the sport.
Old 06-21-2001, 01:12 AM #11
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

I would like to know if they are going to have a tournament, but it doesn't say so I guess not. I gave a web site www.warpedsportz.com I guess i'll just play in the cage.
Old 06-26-2001, 12:57 AM #12
Heely

i wentto the site and i didnt see a thing about paintball. i would love to go if it had paintball and all the great music . how did you find out paintball was going to be there? would there be open play? like bring a mask or something?
Old 06-26-2001, 12:31 PM #13
Heely

o and would they be selling things like shirts and masks lanyards squeegees stuff like that?
Old 06-27-2001, 10:29 AM #14
ian_emerson
Hail to the King

http://www.warpedsportz.com/warped/800/warpedmain.htm