PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-05-2004, 12:17 PM #1
Sikosmurf

has been a member for 10 years
Communism

You know what makes me mad? All the people on this forum, and other places for that matter, calling people "commies." What is this? The Cold War? Being for or against communism has really no relavance today. Other than the fact that true communism can't work, it's a good idea. The only reason it has gotten a bad name is from dictators trying to rule under communism, which in itself is against communism. Anyway, just thought I'd clear this up for some people.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2004, 12:40 PM #2
envious
Banned

They're too ignorant to formulate a sensible rebuttle, so they blurt out the first 'bad' thing their puny brains think of when politics are the subject. I guess their 10th grade US history classes didn't teach them enough about communism where they would realize it's not a good choice for a 'dis'.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:50 PM #3
elTwitcho

They say it because they're stupid and no, communism is not a good idea for reasons much deeper than "dictators screwed it up". Communism sucks because it is intrinsically a ****ty system which does not encourage progress or improvement. The only reason China's economy is picking up is because they have moved away from communism and more towards a free market economy.

A Haiku about Life - By Secret Asian Man
twitch slaps me around
he likes to make me his *****
Because of small cock
Old 08-06-2004, 01:02 AM #4
Timeeee4

[quote]Originally posted by elTwitcho
They say it because they're stupid and no, communism is not a good idea for reasons much deeper than "dictators screwed it up". Communism sucks because it is intrinsically a ****ty system which does not encourage progress or improvement. The only reason China's economy is picking up is because they have moved away from communism and more towards a free market economy. [/QUOTE

quoted for truth

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old 08-06-2004, 04:20 AM #5
kameleon
street by street

Re: Communism

Quote:
Originally posted by Sikosmurf
You know what makes me mad? All the people on this forum, and other places for that matter, calling people "commies." What is this? The Cold War? Being for or against communism has really no relavance today. Other than the fact that true communism can't work, it's a good idea. The only reason it has gotten a bad name is from dictators trying to rule under communism, which in itself is against communism. Anyway, just thought I'd clear this up for some people.
STFU, terrorist.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:33 AM #6
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Re: Communism

Quote:
Originally posted by Sikosmurf
Other than the fact that true communism can't work, it's a good idea. .
Isn't that sort of an oxy moron?

B9 Username: Youth In Asia
Old 08-06-2004, 04:35 AM #7
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Quote:
Originally posted by elTwitcho
They say it because they're stupid and no, communism is not a good idea for reasons much deeper than "dictators screwed it up". Communism sucks because it is intrinsically a ****ty system which does not encourage progress or improvement. The only reason China's economy is picking up is because they have moved away from communism and more towards a free market economy.
100% the truth. I've been to china and the place is becoming more and more capitalist every day. Plus my sister has been there around 6-7 times...

Old 08-06-2004, 09:17 AM #8
Hubris

Re: Re: Communism

Quote:
Originally posted by kameleon
STFU, terrorist.
I think you're confusing "commie" with "sand ******."

Ignorance is confusing these days.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:19 AM #9
Hubris

Re: Re: Communism

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladmir
Isn't that sort of an oxy moron?
It's not an oxymoron, but it's an obvious and stupid statement to post.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:22 PM #10
kameleon
street by street

Re: Re: Re: Communism

Quote:
Originally posted by Hubris
I think you're confusing "commie" with "sand ******."

Ignorance is confusing these days.
wtf m8
Old 08-13-2004, 10:57 PM #11
xbreaka

communism was a great idea, but the idea was based on perfect leaders which dont exist
Old 08-13-2004, 11:15 PM #12
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Quote:
Originally posted by xbreaka
communism was a great idea, but the idea was based on perfect leaders which dont exist
God Im so tired of hearing this. Quit spouting out some **** either your friend or dad told you. Communism was never an "idea", the idea was Marxism, which isn't based off "perfect leaders" as you say. The idea is quite the opposite, the theory in Marxism is actually for the state to slowly disappear over time. Communism is an economic system (like Capitalism), Marxism is a Political system (like Democracy). Stop getting these all mixed up. And no, I am not a Marxist, but give credit where credit is due.

Old 08-13-2004, 11:20 PM #13
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
God Im so tired of hearing this. Quit spouting out some **** either your friend or dad told you. Communism was never an "idea", the idea was Marxism, which isn't based off "perfect leaders" as you say. The idea is quite the opposite, the theory in Marxism is actually for the state to slowly disappear over time. Communism is an economic system (like Capitalism), Marxism is a Political system (like Democracy). Stop getting these all mixed up. And no, I am not a Marxist, but give credit where credit is due.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:44 AM #14
DYEangelLCD
Jesters Represent

DYEangelLCD is a Supporting Member
Quote:
After reading this post I went and bought The Communist Manifesto.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:02 AM #15
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Who the hell would want a Dye Angel. What a piece.
Old 08-14-2004, 01:40 AM #16
zack

Communist...

I get that one all the time...
Old 08-14-2004, 02:53 AM #17
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
Originally posted by elTwitcho
It depends how you look at it. There have been some what succsessful communist countries. Chile was doing pretty well until we assassinated their leader and replaced him with a dictator that screwed up that country pretty bad. Cuba is a good example of success. They are the most literate country in all of latin america, and they have a health system that exceeds our own.

The reason they are so screwed up economicaly is because we put that embargo up and that basically screwed them. Castro is a nasty fellow, but so is Bush.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."
Old 08-14-2004, 03:09 AM #18
zack

Castro cannot be compared to Bush. Castro, as dictators go, is extremely mild. But he's still pretty bad.
Old 08-14-2004, 04:02 AM #19
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Quote:
Originally posted by DYEangelLCD
After reading this post I went and bought The Communist Manifesto.
Now after reading that, read Leviathan by Thomas Hobbes and then The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith and you will really know your stuff.

After re-reading the post I realized you might have been being facetious. Well if that is the case I hope you are not insinuating Russian communism and Marxism are the same simply because of the title of a book. If you were not being sarcastic then please disregard the second part of this post.

Last edited by Vladmir : 08-14-2004 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 05:28 AM #20
Gagarin
Freedom ist Verboten!

What does capitalisim mean? Is that when you get chocolate faces to do work for you?
Get a job? The **** you talking to kid? I worked five years in a row when i was in the joint! Pressing them mother ****ing licence plates! Im a licence plate pressing mother ****er! Wheres a ***** gonna get a job out here pressing licence plates?
Old 08-14-2004, 08:34 AM #21
AxPandorasxBox (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by zack
Communist...

I get that one all the time...
You may be a commie...

but you're my commie.

<3 xoxo