Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-08-2002, 09:34 AM #1
IceFire

has been a member for 10 years
Some JT FAQ

Just to be the second one.

Q: What barrel threads does the JT Excellerator use?
A: It uses spyder barrels. But in my experience some spyder barrels don't work. Screw in the barrel before you buy it just to make sure. I've found that it isn't a per-barrel type problem, but it happens to each individual barrel. So one barrel might fit, while another barrel of the exact same type might not.

Q: What bolts do the JT Excellerators use?
A: Spyder bolts fit into the JT Excellerator. I haven't checked with the 3.0 but the 4.0s stock bolt is a far bit shorter then a spyder bolt, so it will be out the back far enough to hit your mask. All other measurements seem too be the same though.

Q: What Valve/Hammer does the JT Excellerator Use
A: The JT's have a larger bore lower tube then spyders, so spyder valves, and hammers will not fit. Spyder velocity adjusters are also too small. Hopefully JT and other companies will come out with some after market parts soon.

Q: What type of main spring does the JT Excellerator use?
A: Spyder springs.

Q: What type of valve spring does the JT Excellerator use?
A: The spring is in a funnel type shape. Its supposed to improve preformance of the valve, but as far as I know there aren't any after market ones.

Q: What type of grip frame does the JT Excellerator use?
A: Spyder grip frames, any including electro ones. If you need to replace your stainless steel line it will take some more work, please read note below.

Q: What type of x-chamber, vertical reg, or fore-grip can I use on my JT Excellerator?
A: The JT excellerators stock x-chamber makes it nearly impossible to get liquid co2 into the marker, but if you decide to upgrade this, it will take quite a bit. First off you need a spyder vertical (should screw right in) adapter like the one used to upgrade the spyder 2000. Then you can attach any x-chamber, reg. or fore-grip that has an ASA on the top of it. You'll also need to replace the stainless steel line, see note below on this.

Q: What kind of drop forward can I put on the JT Excellerator?
A: Any spyder type drop forward with the offset holes that attach it too the grip frame. Chances are your not going to get a dropforward that fits the stock reg. though, so you'll probably have to replace that as well. If you get a new drop forward chances are you'll need to replace the stainless steel line, see note below on this.

NOTE: The stock JT Excellerator 4.0 x-chamber has a male fitting on the bottom that the stainless steel line fits into. Normally the fittings for lines are female, and a different thread. I've taken my JT Excellerator 4.0 to many places, and no one could ID the threads. From my experience the only option is to replace the x-chamber if you need to replace the s/s line. This is the #1 design flaw of the JT Excellerator in my mind.

I also removed the 'key ring' that holds the quick strip pin in place and replaced it with a safety pin. This way its easy to take apart the marker, and puts the quick back into the quick strip. The other thing to do for the stock JT excellerator is to replace the barrel o-ring that comes with it. I just pushed a tank o-ring up in its place (took a bit of time and work). This holds the barrel in place better and prevents it from backing out during play.
Boo-Yah eLCD w/ custom drop forward
Palmer stab. reg @ 250 psi
Polished internals
Mod Valve Pin
32 degree Valve
Old 01-12-2002, 08:39 PM #2
El Scandelouse
Banned

Do they really burst into flames like ive heard. Mine has done everything but burst into flames.
Old 01-23-2002, 03:04 PM #3
stevarooni

pb allstars review of the 4.0 shows a picture of the valve spring, and it looks like it could be the same spring used in the rebels. i had a rebel and it was cone shaped like that, the valve pin was also very similar.
Old 01-24-2002, 08:49 AM #4
IceFire

That is interesting. I will have to check out the rebel's valve spring. The $50 question is if there is any aftermarket spring like the madman for the rebel. Does the rebel main spring the same as the Spyders?
Boo-Yah eLCD w/ custom drop forward
Palmer stab. reg @ 250 psi
Polished internals
Mod Valve Pin
32 degree Valve
Old 01-24-2002, 11:21 AM #5
stevarooni

im not quite sure if the rebels main spring is the same as the spyders, but 32 degrees does make a spring kit for the spyder.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:32 PM #6
spydernoob

The 32degrees spring kit DOES have the cone shaped springs.
Old 02-26-2002, 02:12 PM #7
stevarooni

the rebels valve spring is cone shaped but much smaller.