PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-12-2004, 01:51 PM #85
BCpro05

has been a member for 10 years
BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
oh and btw way...were you by chance offering yourself as a human shield? member of PETA and the ACLU? and Greenpeace?

just curious
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2004, 01:54 PM #86
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by sangerpb
lol, this election is all bout the lesser of two evils,
That's what EVERYONE says EVERY damn election.

The way I see it, because of checks and balances, neither one will completely destroy the way of life I'm used to. Niether one will start a nuclear war for nothing (Although one may have a higher chance than the other ) and niether one will send us into another Great Depression. So as I see it, I vote for the canidate that has my views on just the popular issue: environment, abortion, gun control, useless wars, etc meaning I would PREFER one canidate, but I know that the other won't completely **** us over.

And get off the whole war on terrorism thing. It's useless. Terrorism isn't tangible so how the **** do you have a war on it other than invade countries that have no dicernable terrorist ties? Afghanistan was the only real war on terror and there's not much more we can do to protect ourselves against terrorism because anybody can make a bomb in his basement and set it off at a weak spot in a building and collapse it or set it off in a crowded area. How about we fight things humongous cars that run over smaller cars in crashes killing the occupants? Or our foriegn dependancy on oil by strengthening the MPG limit and loopholes in the gas consumption laws? Why don't we cut the "war on terror" bull**** and focus on things that have a much greater chance at killing us or bringing down the nation.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:01 PM #87
sangerpb
Retired

sangerpb is a Supporting Member
^^ see I knew I could get some more substance out of you. I do agree with you on the terorism stuff. It was more of a media event than anything. The last few sentacnes are aligned to my thinking. Our country is no more safe than it was before the 9/11 comittee started up homeland security. And if it could be its less safe because of the ludicrous amounts of money funding this useless "war" we are "fighting" to "free" Iraq. I fully support our troops (they are doing their job) but I don't have to support a war without a noble cause.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:02 PM #88
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by BCpro05
Clinton was afraid...had far more opportunities to do something about Bin Laden, but with his "liberal" way of thinking he opted not to..nevermind Bin Laden was linked to the first attack at the trade center, not to mention the Cole and the bombings in Africa..but no, he wasn't afraid! so thinking things through and choosing to have some obese intern perform oral sex in the oval office? as opposed to concerning himself with such petty things as national security? apparently you're the one who is mistaken!
Do have any idea what really happened when Clinton was "offered" Bin Laden? You think they had him in shackles and were just going to ship him over to America at the whim of Clintona and Clinton alone? Good job spouting out exactly what republican propaganda has told you. Try thinking for yourself and investigating it without the help of Rush Limbaugh.

Ok, so getting your dick sucked for a few minutes once makes him incapable of doing anything else for 8 years? I'd say taking an afternoon nap every ****ing day while you're supposed to be watching national debt, etc, is a teensy bit worse. No to mention the vacations out the ***.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:07 PM #89
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
That's what EVERYONE says EVERY damn election.

The way I see it, because of checks and balances, neither one will completely destroy the way of life I'm used to. Niether one will start a nuclear war for nothing (Although one may have a higher chance than the other ) and niether one will send us into another Great Depression. So as I see it, I vote for the canidate that has my views on just the popular issue: environment, abortion, gun control, useless wars, etc meaning I would PREFER one canidate, but I know that the other won't completely **** us over.

And get off the whole war on terrorism thing. It's useless. Terrorism isn't tangible so how the **** do you have a war on it other than invade countries that have no dicernable terrorist ties? Afghanistan was the only real war on terror and there's not much more we can do to protect ourselves against terrorism because anybody can make a bomb in his basement and set it off at a weak spot in a building and collapse it or set it off in a crowded area. How about we fight things humongous cars that run over smaller cars in crashes killing the occupants? Or our foriegn dependancy on oil by strengthening the MPG limit and loopholes in the gas consumption laws? Why don't we cut the "war on terror" bull**** and focus on things that have a much greater chance at killing us or bringing down the nation.
checks and balances has had one major failure: the judicial system. They are supposed to make sure that nothing unconstitutional ever gets through but they have been slacking for the last 100 years or so. The government has overstepped its bounds over and over again with new laws and new taxes to fund things its not responsible for funding. Hell, im for the patriot act, but regardless of what im for how the hell did the surpeme court let that one through?! The supreme court justices are worthless.

And slinger please tell me you were kidding about the big cars running over smaller cars. By your logic i guess we should do something about smaller cars running over motorcyclists
Old 08-12-2004, 02:43 PM #90
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by atticus_finch
checks and balances has had one major failure: the judicial system. They are supposed to make sure that nothing unconstitutional ever gets through but they have been slacking for the last 100 years or so. The government has overstepped its bounds over and over again with new laws and new taxes to fund things its not responsible for funding. Hell, im for the patriot act, but regardless of what im for how the hell did the surpeme court let that one through?! The supreme court justices are worthless.

And slinger please tell me you were kidding about the big cars running over smaller cars. By your logic i guess we should do something about smaller cars running over motorcyclists
No politician can possibly hope to read every piece of legislature that passes through. Nothing would ever get done. They were mostly running on the stupid blind patriotism that took hold of the country then. Bush probably could've declared marshall law if he wanted. The constitution says NOWHERE that the government is confined to exactly what the constitution says it should do.

And no I was not kidding. Once again you're connecting two things that have no relevance. Cars and huge cars are different from motorcycles. Motorcyles are a completely different category than Hummers and Bugs. There's nothing you can do if people choose to ride motorcycles becasue they know the risks, but on the other hand, you CAN do something about huge cars. Hummers have no practical purpose. An ATV can do more offroading than a hummer can and the bigger the car, usually the more gas it takes but I want to keep this topic relevant so unless you say something really stupid to this I won't comment again.

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-12-2004 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:45 PM #91
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

The one thing I like about Bush is that he doesn't care what the media says, he doesn't govern by the polls, and he doesn't let foreign governments dictate our policies.

Clinton's problem throughout his administration was that he was always afraid of what everyone thought of him (media, voters, foreign governments). Because of this fear it inhibited his ability to make the hard choices causing him to always take the easy route. Kerry also has this problem for example he won't take a definitive stance on anything important. He does this because he doesn't want to disenfranchise himself from potential voters, for me that is a sign of weakness.

I want a leader who is an independent thinker, not afraid of the consequences of their decisions be it good or bad. I want them to be honest and do what they say despite if it is popular or not. Bush is not my 1st choice for president but out of the two he has shown me he is a man of conviction and worthy to be our leader.
Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
--unknown
Old 08-12-2004, 02:49 PM #92
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDrake
The one thing I like about Bush is that he doesn't care what the media says, he doesn't govern by the polls, and he doesn't let foreign governments dictate our policies.

Clinton's problem throughout his administration was that he was always afraid of what everyone thought of him (media, voters, foreign governments). Because of this fear it inhibited his ability to make the hard choices causing him to always take the easy route. Kerry also has this problem for example he won't take a definitive stance on anything important. He does this because he doesn't want to disenfranchise himself from potential voters, for me that is a sign of weakness.

I want a leader who is an independent thinker, not afraid of the consequences of their decisions be it good or bad. I want them to be honest and do what they say despite if it is popular or not. Bush is not my 1st choice for president but out of the two he has shown me he is a man of conviction and worthy to be our leader.
You scare me.

I agree, we should elect an official who doesn't care about the majority. We should elect an official who doesn't care if we lose all foriegn allies. We should elect and official who pushes his own agenda and doesn't care if people disagree.

What exactly did Clinton do that showed he took the easy route? You mean strengthing foriegn relations a great deal and handling the economy with expertise?
Old 08-12-2004, 03:30 PM #93
BCpro05

Quote:
Do have any idea what really happened when Clinton was "offered" Bin Laden? You think they had him in shackles and were just going to ship him over to America at the whim of Clintona and Clinton alone? Good job spouting out exactly what republican propaganda has told you. Try thinking for yourself and investigating it without the help of Rush Limbaugh.

Ok, so getting your dick sucked for a few minutes once makes him incapable of doing anything else for 8 years? I'd say taking an afternoon nap every ****ing day while you're supposed to be watching national debt, etc, is a teensy bit worse. No to mention the vacations out the ***.
well..being the President of the United States, you're held to a higher standard...not to mention...we essentially paid for his knobber!!!! if you're fine with Presidents doing that while on "duty" then so be it, I for one am not...I'd rather have one like Bush

spouting liberal propaganda hasn't stopped you from posting, so I'm in good company? :-)
Old 08-12-2004, 03:32 PM #94
BCpro05

Quote:
You scare me.

I agree, we should elect an official who doesn't care about the majority. We should elect an official who doesn't care if we lose all foriegn allies. We should elect and official who pushes his own agenda and doesn't care if people disagree.

What exactly did Clinton do that showed he took the easy route? You mean strengthing foriegn relations a great deal and handling the economy with expertise?
the economy all but handled itself...fortunate for him, he was at the healm during those years!!!!!

how you liberals can idolize Clinton is beyond me...boggles my mind to no end!
Old 08-12-2004, 03:42 PM #95
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
the economy all but handled itself...fortunate for him, he was at the healm during those years!!!!!

how you liberals can idolize Clinton is beyond me...boggles my mind to no end!
www.clintonpresidentialcenter.org

Thousands of reports and studies on what clinton did for things other than the economy. Educations, science, environment etc.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:46 PM #96
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
well..being the President of the United States, you're held to a higher standard...not to mention...we essentially paid for his knobber!!!! if you're fine with Presidents doing that while on "duty" then so be it, I for one am not...I'd rather have one like Bush

spouting liberal propaganda hasn't stopped you from posting, so I'm in good company? :-)
Who the **** cares what he does with his penis? Does it affect the nation? The world? Why do you care? You'd rather have Bush take naps and vacations that your tax dollars are paying for? Rather have him take dump on the economy and wage war on Iraq for completely faulty reasons that was touted as being "irrefuteable"?

What you see in bush is beyond imagination.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:49 PM #97
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

"not afraid of the consequences of their decisions be it good or bad"

this is what makes a leader a leader and not a follower. (ie) officers in the field ordering their men to do something that could get them killed but is essential to the survival for the rest of the unit .

1993 Clinton should have stood firm and not retreated from Somalia. He did not want to commit troops with the potential of American casualties. He feared what would have been written and said about him because of the draft dodging charge leveled against him by the Republicans.

OBL was offered to us by the Sudan, Clinton turned them down three times (he said we had we no authority but this was just an excuse) his thinking was it would have stirred things up with the terrorists and caused more attacks.

The attack on the American Embassies in Africa resulted in Clinton launching missile strikes on Al Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan. He refused to commit ground troops then because he was fearful that it would have appeared he was "waging the dog". This was happend during the independent investigation of the Lewinsky affair.

Iraq threw out UN weapons inspectors so Clinton launched another missile strike on one of Saddam's suspected WMD facilities. He failed to commit troops or even threaten to use troops to force Saddam to allow the weapons inspectors back in. Again the draft dodging accusation and the "waging the dog" suspicion prevented him from doing his job.

there are countless other examples but I'm not going to go through all of them you get the idea from these
Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
--unknown
Old 08-12-2004, 03:50 PM #98
PBphreek
~pwnt~

Quote:
What you see in bush is beyond imagination
right....

but John Kerry changing his mind about supporting the war every day isnt?

oh and not to mention his dislike for the US sending jobs overseas....hmmm seems like he was the one who supported Clinton in doing the same thing a few years back...
Deer Gore Fanclub Member #12
Jason Russel Fan Club Member #7
Clear Proto Matrix
Let me play on your team
Cjs Paintball
My Feedback
Old 08-12-2004, 03:51 PM #99
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

bigger cars = more people, towing capacity, off road capability (u cant carry mountain bikes and camping gear on ur ATV can you?)

your choice to drive a smaller car is exactly like ur choice to drive a motorcycle.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:55 PM #100
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by PBphreek
right....

but John Kerry changing his mind about supporting the war every day isnt?

oh and not to mention his dislike for the US sending jobs overseas....hmmm seems like he was the one who supported Clinton in doing the same thing a few years back...
Look at the thread titled Bush's Flip Flops. The flip flop arguement is weak and can be used against any politician ever. Period.

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-12-2004 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:56 PM #101
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
bigger cars = more people, towing capacity, off road capability (u cant carry mountain bikes and camping gear on ur ATV can you?)

your choice to drive a smaller car is exactly like ur choice to drive a motorcycle.
There are large cars meant for carrying people and things (vans), that don't use as much gas as an SUV or weigh as much.

I'm done argueing about this. You want to debate it make a new thread.

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-12-2004 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:58 PM #102
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by DirtyDrake
"not afraid of the consequences of their decisions be it good or bad"

this is what makes a leader a leader and not a follower. (ie) officers in the field ordering their men to do something that could get them killed but is essential to the survival for the rest of the unit .

1993 Clinton should have stood firm and not retreated from Somalia. He did not want to commit troops with the potential of American casualties. He feared what would have been written and said about him because of the draft dodging charge leveled against him by the Republicans.

OBL was offered to us by the Sudan, Clinton turned them down three times (he said we had we no authority but this was just an excuse) his thinking was it would have stirred things up with the terrorists and caused more attacks.

The attack on the American Embassies in Africa resulted in Clinton launching missile strikes on Al Qaeda training camps in Afghanistan. He refused to commit ground troops then because he was fearful that it would have appeared he was "waging the dog". This was happend during the independent investigation of the Lewinsky affair.

Iraq threw out UN weapons inspectors so Clinton launched another missile strike on one of Saddam's suspected WMD facilities. He failed to commit troops or even threaten to use troops to force Saddam to allow the weapons inspectors back in. Again the draft dodging accusation and the "waging the dog" suspicion prevented him from doing his job.

there are countless other examples but I'm not going to go through all of them you get the idea from these
How can you possibly deduce what Clinton was thinking unless you can read minds or you're making **** up.

Heaven forbid he doesn't want to kill soldiers.

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-12-2004 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:02 PM #103
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

Quote:
How can you possibly deduce what Clinton was thinking unless you can read minds or you're making **** up.
ur the biggest hypocrite ever

ur always talking about how bush lied and how he wants to get oil and nonsense.

how the hell can YOU possibly deduce what bush was thinking unless you can read minds or you're making **** up?
Old 08-12-2004, 04:08 PM #104
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

Quote:
Who the **** cares what he does with his penis? Does it affect the nation? The world? Why do you care? You'd rather have Bush take naps and vacations that your tax dollars are paying for? Rather have him take dump on the economy and wage war on Iraq for completely faulty reasons that was touted as being "irrefuteable"?
I agree with you I don't care what Clinton did in his private time but I do care that he committed purgery under oath.

Bush is not dumping on the economy the tax cuts are doing exactly what he said they would. They are growing the economy and creating jobs. You can dump him all you want about the war and his social policies but he has done an outstanding job in regards to the economy and job creation.

the reasons for going to war is debatable, millions of people see the whole picture and understand how Iraq fits into the global war on terrorism.
--unknown
Old 08-12-2004, 04:10 PM #105
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
ur the biggest hypocrite ever

ur always talking about how bush lied and how he wants to get oil and nonsense.

how the hell can YOU possibly deduce what bush was thinking unless you can read minds or you're making **** up?
I have NEVER said bush went into Iraq fro oil. You're putting words in my mouth, then calling me a hypocrit for not saying them. Idiot.

I blame Bush because he's in the highest office and it's his decision, not the CIA or FBI's, to bring up the idea of going to war. He used the leftover blind patriotism from 9-11 to pass it through. He didn't lie directly, just like Clinton didn't lie directly, Bush got underlings like Colin Powell and told them to say they had irrefutable evidence that Saddam has WMDs. Ignorance of these sources if not an excuse and therefore, he lied.