Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-10-2004, 01:12 PM #64
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL

"I promise 2 ply toilet paper in the bathroom!
WTF, I actually promised that in my high school presidential campaign.
Advertisement
Old 08-10-2004, 02:02 PM #65
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by P8le Dricmade
WTF, I actually promised that in my high school presidential campaign.
I'd've voted for you.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:03 PM #66
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

My slogan was "it shouldn't be a pain in the butt to poop in school"
Old 08-10-2004, 02:04 PM #67
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by P8le Dricmade
My slogan was "it shouldn't be a pain in the butt to poop in school"
HAHAHA!
Old 08-10-2004, 03:00 PM #68
BCpro05

BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally posted by NorCalBaller88
Are you insane? Use nukes? That would be the end of our country. I truely hope that you are incapable of voting, because you are a mad man.
And we have killed a lot of civilians. What is very little to you? Go end yourself.

I don't like kerry, but bush is one of the worst presidents this country has ever seen. Kerry can rape a school girl and I would still prefer that he beats bush in the election. Bush is insane. How could ANOYONE vote for a man that claims god told him to go to war? How could ANYONE vote for a man that lied and got thousands of people killed because of it? How can anyone vote for a man that has limited our freedom of speech, the right that made this country so great? How can anyone vote for a man with only the corprate agenda as HIS agenda? How can anyone vote for a man that has made our deficit the largest this country has ever seen?
perhaps you should pay closer attention, I was making a point in that saying if Bush wanted to blow **** up, sending our troops into mud huts wasn't the option he'd choose, but rather use strategic nukes.

Go end myself? lol because you're the moron who misconstrued what was stated in regards to nukes? so let me ask, the VERY small number of deaths (collateral damage if you will!) relating from coalition troops when compared the 100's of thousands of murders that Hussein and his merry band of camel humpers perpetrated against Iraq, would it have been better to let him continue his slaughter? it's a price, unfortunate as it is...there will be civilian deaths in a war.

now back to candyland for you! :-)
Old 08-10-2004, 10:43 PM #69
madgoat33
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by NorCalBaller88
Are you insane? Use nukes? That would be the end of our country. I truely hope that you are incapable of voting, because you are a mad man.
And we have killed a lot of civilians. What is very little to you? Go end yourself.

I don't like kerry, but bush is one of the worst presidents this country has ever seen. Kerry can rape a school girl and I would still prefer that he beats bush in the election. Bush is insane. How could ANOYONE vote for a man that claims god told him to go to war? How could ANYONE vote for a man that lied and got thousands of people killed because of it? How can anyone vote for a man that has limited our freedom of speech, the right that made this country so great? How can anyone vote for a man with only the corprate agenda as HIS agenda? How can anyone vote for a man that has made our deficit the largest this country has ever seen?
Not only did he make the largest deficit, but didn't he do that by starting out with the largest SURPLUS?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:01 PM #70
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by madgoat33
Not only did he make the largest deficit, but didn't he do that by starting out with the largest SURPLUS?
Indeed. This seems like a good time for a God Bless America. We need it.
Old 08-11-2004, 01:58 AM #71
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

I've heard and read a lot why we shouldn't vote for Bush but I haven't heard anything why we should vote for Kerry. I don't hate Kerry, I just don't agree with most of his views or policies, I'm curious what you all think of his policies.

National Missile Defense: Kerry doesn't, I support the NWD, non-proliferation and arms control.

Death Penalty: I fully support the death penalty especially since DNA evidence is used in court now. Kerry doesn't but he supports abortion? About abortion this is one issue I agree with him, government does not have a right to tell anyone what they can or can't do with their bodies. But it is my belief abortion is killing a potential life and should be discouraged Adoption is more preferable.

Gay Marriage I will agree with Kerry again, the Government has no right to be involved in peoples personal lives.

Kerry and Bush are both going to do nothing on the boarders and that is a shame seeing how the both of them want to secure America.

I'm all for pre-emption, the security of this nation should not be political issue but unfortunately it is. If the president is notified about a gathering threat I hope he will have the courage to stop it before that problem becomes a huge global calamity. Kerry does not support pre-emption, I didn't either but 911 changed my mind.

Sovereignty: We all know that John Kerry changes positions to make the maximum appeal to voters at any particular point in time. When Kerry was NOT trying to appeal to voters he said that U.S. troops should not be deployed overseas without the "permission" of the United Nations. Just how much power would Kerry give the UN over our decisions on national defense?_How much would Kerry give up to the European Union in order to gain the "popularity" he so desires over there.

I'm a 2nd Amendment supporter, the Constitution limits what the Government can do. Kerry is the opposite he thinks it's the Governments job disarm it's citizens.

Terrorism: I believe that the Islamic terrorists would prefer Kerry in office. I think that they see him as weaker than George Bush.Well, so do I.

Affirmative Action: It's reverse racism and It breeds resentment between the races and not fair to minorities who do make it on their own. Kerry supports this as do most democrats.

Hate Crime: Kerry voted for a litigation bill, I'm not racist or a homophobe I'm against hate crime litigation because it is unconstitutional. It punishes people more harshly for what they think than what the what the crime actually was.

Consistency: Kerry hammers home the fact that he would have formed an international coalition to dispose of Saddam. Well, when George Bush 41 formed just such a coalition to get Saddam out of Kuwait, Kerry voted "no." When George Bush 43 formed a somewhat smaller coalition to get Saddam out of Iraq, Kerry voted "yes.".

I'm for both drilling in ANWAR and research/development of alternative fuel supplies. Anything we can do to free ourselves from foreign oil dependency.

Social Security: Face it, the system is a disaster. Kerry wants to continue the present course. Bush has this idea that your money should be placed into an account with your name on it ... and account that you can exercise some control over.

Socialized Medicine: OK, it's probably inevitable, given the cowardice of the American people ... but I want to stall it off as long as possible. Kerry's medical care spending plans total over one trillion dollars over the next ten years. We can't afford it without even more confiscatory taxes.

Higher taxes: Kerry has pledged to raise taxes on "the rich." The problem here is that the rich people that Kerry is talking about, families with incomes higher than $200,000 a year, are the very people who own Americas small business jobs machine.Increased taxes on these people are jobs killers.

More government: Kerry is a typical Democrat. He believes America is great because of government, and the way to make America even greater is to expand that government. OK, so Bush isn't much better in this regard, but I would rather give Bush a second term to correct the error of his ways than to give Kerry a fresh start for eight years to make the burden of big-government even greater.

His record: Kerry's entire presidential campaign is based on four short months in Vietnam. Four months in Vietnam, 20 years in the United States Senate. What did he accomplish in those 20 years? Answer?_ Nothing. And that's the record he's running on?
Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
--unknown
Old 08-11-2004, 08:37 AM #72
Westopher
Currently AFK

Cool

I've heard that drilling in ANWAR won't provide enough of a signifigance change to even loosen our dependency on foreign oil. If you want that to happen, buy a hybrid.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:31 AM #73
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

actually there is 30 years worth of oil up there. My next car is going to be a hybrid, anything and everything should be tried to get us off our foreign oil dependency (Saudi's have us by the short and curlies).
Life is not just a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
--unknown
Old 08-11-2004, 09:34 AM #74
Hubris

Those hybrid Civics look dope.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:25 AM #75
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Originally posted by madgoat33
Surplus and deficit does not accurately portray an administration's achievement.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:28 AM #76
Westopher
Currently AFK

Cool

Do you honestly expect to stay in a surplus when we go to war? Do you honestly think that Bush said, look, we have money, lets kill people! ?
Old 08-11-2004, 10:45 AM #77
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

I'll start off by sarcastically saying "yes", so that when somebody REALLY agrees it won't be as grim sounding.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:39 AM #78
DirtyDrake
Hereeeeeeeee's Johnny

if the government has a surplus (Clinton) than that is a clear sign that the government is over taxing the public.

I would rather have the excess tax money in my own pocket than the governments.
--unknown

Last edited by DirtyDrake : 08-12-2004 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:17 PM #79
zack

Quote:
Originally posted by BCpro05
First off, Bush isn't about "blowing **** up", hes just not afraid (unlike previous "getting knobbers from fat chicks in the oval office" administrations) to use that option if it becomes necessary! So you see Iraq as "randomly destroying things"? if that were the case, we've got some nice strategic nukes that would do that job just fine, with no loss of life on our side, you're obviously blinded by liberal misinformation, or you're p'd off because you can get married to Howard Dean legally..whichever, is irrelvent to me! :-)

In regards to the innocent Iraqi civilians, we've killed VERY few...their countrymen and insurgents have done far more damage to the civilian populus than we have, so hop back on the Mike Moore bandwagon!
I'll ignore the moronic insults...even though that's about half of the post.

No, Bush isn't afraid. Neither was Clinton. Neither will Kerry be. Neither would Gore have been. What you mistake for fear is thinking things through. Considering consquences. Asking the question "What do we do after we invade? How do we rebuild this place?" It's ironic that you mentioned "liberal misinformation" because you are spouting something very similar. "Liberals" are not afraid, you just like to make us out to be.

Very few!? Good lord...I'd laugh if that wasn't so ****ing pathetic.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:27 PM #80
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Originally posted by zack
It would be innacurate to come up with any number, high or low, for civilian casualties. The attacking militants are essentially ALL civilians.

Consider this like Black Hawk Down if you have seen it. What constitutes an INNOCENT civilian and how are we to keep track of who threatened and did not threaten a soldier?

It's safe to assume that our soldiers abide by rules of engagement, and the purely innocent civilians killed ARE sympathized.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:39 PM #81
zack

An innocent is a person without a gun, bomb or any weapon. The people who walk down the wrong street at the wrong time and die.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:44 PM #82
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

i just cant stand how whenever Kerry gets a hard question about iraq he says he'll "do it better." And the media doesnt say anything. Its ridiculous. If i was a quarterback and i threw an interception in a tough play and some guy on my team said "yeah i think that was the right play to do but id just do it better" id punch him in the face.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:34 PM #83
sangerpb
Retired

sangerpb is a Supporting Member
lol, this election is all bout the lesser of two evils, feels like it been like that for a long time. Both have agendas that won't help much. One has done damage to the economy already, and the other will just do more. How to choose?????? I agree that its pretty lame that Kerry keeps saying he'll do it better, but Bush is just not smart enough to come up with his own come back. I'll just wait for his mud slinging patriotic media starts being force fed to me. I hate that "you're not patriotic if you don't vote for me" bs stuff being shoved down my throat every time the bush media monster starts up.
Old 08-12-2004, 01:50 PM #84
BCpro05

BCpro05 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally posted by zack
I'll ignore the moronic insults...even though that's about half of the post.

No, Bush isn't afraid. Neither was Clinton. Neither will Kerry be. Neither would Gore have been. What you mistake for fear is thinking things through. Considering consquences. Asking the question "What do we do after we invade? How do we rebuild this place?" It's ironic that you mentioned "liberal misinformation" because you are spouting something very similar. "Liberals" are not afraid, you just like to make us out to be.

Clinton was afraid...had far more opportunities to do something about Bin Laden, but with his "liberal" way of thinking he opted not to..nevermind Bin Laden was linked to the first attack at the trade center, not to mention the Cole and the bombings in Africa..but no, he wasn't afraid! so thinking things through and choosing to have some obese intern perform oral sex in the oval office? as opposed to concerning himself with such petty things as national security? apparently you're the one who is mistaken!

Gore..well he'll never get the chance to prove me right..thank god!

Kerry, (same reason applies to Kerry as does Gore)

So the gay marriage thing hit close to home eh? :-)