Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-07-2004, 11:34 PM #43
madgoat33
Banned

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by Clecko54
it has been proven by the 9-11 comission that moore lied in his film, on several occasions. he lied in saying bush lied, which he did not. He was given bad intelligence from the CIA, England, and Russia, and acted on it. Telling me that he should have ignored the intelligence services from 3 nations telling him the same thing that saddam had WMD and was getting nukes is pure ignorance. Hind sight is 20/20, but anyone who had the safe keeping of this nation as their #1 priority would have acted in the manner that bush did. Ok, so now you say he should have gone to the UN. But lets look a the UN and their record of inaction. The first bomb to detonate outside of the UN HQ in iraw caused an immediate withdrawl of all UN forces from the country...pretty strong rection from a coalition of numerous nation, running like a scared rabbit. And the inaction of the UN to prevent the Genocide in african nations such as Rwanda and Sudan...even today, genocide and war is going on in Africa, and all teh UN is doing is deliberating about possibly imposing sanctions. Maybe by late 2007 they'll finish deliberating. I personally applaud our president for not allowing out defense to be given to the UN...which instead of United Nations, should be given the more accurate name of United Nothing
Wow your post made me laugh. Rush Limbaugh spews crap about how "liberals" are going to "ruin" our economy and our country. However, the last "liberal" that was in office got us into one of the highest times of our country and also got us the biggest surplus in our history, which bushy managed to squander and turn into the largest deficit after only 4 years.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2004, 12:20 AM #44
Clecko54
pea....tear....griffin

Clecko54 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
Did you not read the definition I found on what a documentary is? It says it expresses a point of view which is exactly what Moore's film does.
dude i read your definition and was forced to correct your glaring error in defining a documentary as what it surely is not.
Ebay Feedback
Old 08-08-2004, 12:22 AM #45
Clecko54
pea....tear....griffin

Quote:
Originally posted by madgoat33
Wow your post made me laugh. Rush Limbaugh spews crap about how "liberals" are going to "ruin" our economy and our country. However, the last "liberal" that was in office got us into one of the highest times of our country and also got us the biggest surplus in our history, which bushy managed to squander and turn into the largest deficit after only 4 years.
yeah you have a valid point, which has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. If you are going to respond to my post, keep it on the same topic. The war. That is what I was discussing. I know the economy certainly isn't as good as it should be, and i'll bet there are a lot of thing bush could be doing better, but that is an entirely different issue all togeather.
Ebay Feedback
Old 08-08-2004, 01:04 AM #46
madgoat33
Banned

Quote:
yeah you have a valid point, which has nothing to do with the point I was trying to make. If you are going to respond to my post, keep it on the same topic. The war. That is what I was discussing. I know the economy certainly isn't as good as it should be, and i'll bet there are a lot of thing bush could be doing better, but that is an entirely different issue all togeather.
Actually it was more of a rush limbaugh thing then a bush. I was just sayin him and michael more basically do the same thing.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:33 PM #47
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Quote:
dude i read your definition and was forced to correct your glaring error in defining a documentary as what it surely is not.
He said, she said.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:34 PM #48
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by atticus_finch
how can Rush piss you off more than Moore?

Rush can be a little extreme but at least he doesnt fly to other countries and bad mouth americans and talk about how he needs to be with canadians to regain his sanity cuz americans are so "stupid." i cant believe people like john kerry actually went to see his movie when he says stuff like that.

yes i did get that quote from a flash movie but i dont see how one can be quoted out of context unless someone said "mr. moore, could u please say just for the hell of it that you need to see ur movie with canadians cuz americans are too stupid? thanks"
And at least Moore doesn't do drugs after condemning all druggies to jail and throwing away the key.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:12 PM #49
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Quote:
Funny, sounds like interrpretation of the facts instead of lies again.
I never once said he lied. I said it was false information. I dont think he intentionally made all this junk up. He did tons of research for his documentary and it shows, but he didn't research enough because his "interpretation" is clearly wrong.

With your logic I could say, "Kerry is a democrat, but he is a very very rich catholic whose wife is one of the richest women in the country. Almost all really rich people are republicans, everyone knows that, so Kerry is probably really a republican but he is just tricking everyone he is a democrat." That isn't a lie, you're right. But it is not true at all. Simply because it is an interpretation doesn't mean it is dead wrong.

B9 Username: Youth In Asia
Old 08-08-2004, 04:51 PM #50
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladmir
I never once said he lied. I said it was false information. I dont think he intentionally made all this junk up. He did tons of research for his documentary and it shows, but he didn't research enough because his "interpretation" is clearly wrong.

With your logic I could say, "Kerry is a democrat, but he is a very very rich catholic whose wife is one of the richest women in the country. Almost all really rich people are republicans, everyone knows that, so Kerry is probably really a republican but he is just tricking everyone he is a democrat." That isn't a lie, you're right. But it is not true at all. Simply because it is an interpretation doesn't mean it is dead wrong.
You can say it and you did. There's nothing stopping you or Michael Moore. People have the right to interpret the facts as they see fit.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:23 PM #51
Vladmir
Kid Amazing

Quote:
You can say it and you did. There's nothing stopping you or Michael Moore. People have the right to interpret the facts as they see fit.
You're ****ing damn right he has the right; Ill be one of the first to tell you that. Im not saying he needs to be censored, just that he is a fool. And unfortunately an influential fool.

B9 Username: Youth In Asia
Old 08-09-2004, 03:58 AM #52
Clecko54
pea....tear....griffin

Quote:
He said, she said.
so you're saying that the dictionary can't be trusted? or maybe because it contradicts your idea of a documentary
Ebay Feedback
Old 08-09-2004, 03:41 PM #53
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
so you're saying that the dictionary can't be trusted? or maybe because it contradicts your idea of a documentary
I didn't make up that definition. I'll give another source if you so wish.

a non-fiction film which usually, although not always, has a particular point of view regarding its subject matter; see also cinéma verité.
http://gs.fanshawec.on.ca/users/jose...glossary_D.htm