Did you look at the flyers section?

Roflmao.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:59 AM #65
zack

has been a member for 10 years
Different people
Different rules

Good lord....

I'm ashamed to be part of the same SPECIES as these nazi *******s...
Old 08-12-2004, 07:57 PM #66
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
Originally posted by Ghetto Bobo
No government. Kind of like anarchy, but without the stupid label that all the 12 year olds who listen to Anti-Flag attach themselves to. If someone has a problem with you, they'll most likely kill you, so you'd better not piss anyone off. Hell, you'd better buy an AK-47 and go mow down anyone you think would love to knock you off. Only the strong survive, it's the way nature intended.
Oh yes, no government, no army, no welfare, no social security. Wouldn't last a day, canada would take over.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:28 PM #67
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Anarchism is dumb. It's for emo kids.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:54 PM #68
Prodigul

Id say its more for punk kids. Emo kids too concerned about losing thier girlfriends to care about political issues.

Overall anarchy is a useless political idea, it completely ignores the reason governments came about: protection and organization. Why dont people like with the trees and animals? Because we are a fearful people who think the animals are out to get us, so we band together for protection. In this modern world, replace animals with communists/terrorists/canadians and you get the picture.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post39230320

Check out my feedback:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=598130
Old 08-12-2004, 10:00 PM #69
Brewmaster
You guys suck.

Ya know, I have to say the US process is about as close to right as we can be, in general principle. However... if we could quit combining all of the silly unrelated policies and expenditures into single lumps so that no matter how someone votes they are screwing something up it would be a big help IMHO.

"Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time." - Quagmire

"I don't understand the point of this thread..." - zack

Back to school special! Your quote could be sigged here for as little as 25 cents per day! PM me for details.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:10 PM #70
bern

Quote:
Originally posted by SlingerXL
But that's what democracy is all about, pleasing the majority, not everyone. Checks, balances, bill of rights, constitution etc. make sure that majority aren't voting to infringe on rights. It's one of the few, if not the only, self policing system.
systems never police themselves. especially where power is involved. the people in the government are power hungry. they will say anything they can to get your vote, then not do anything they said. representative democracy does not police itself. the bill of rights and constitution are ignored by most of the government, occasionally we will get a supreme court decision that is based on the bill of rights or constitution, but we mostly get personal beliefs. the president and congress dont care about them, after all it is the courts decision to overturn a law after it is put in to action. not before. that means people can be arrested or hurt or whatever untill somebody with enough money takes it to court. even then like i said, they decide based on personal beliefs. also the fact that they are appointed by the president is flawed because why would a president appoint a judge that would put a check on their power?

in short representive democracy may seem like a good idea, but when put into practice it does not work. it exploites the same flaw capitalism does, greed.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:00 PM #71
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by bern
systems never police themselves. especially where power is involved. the people in the government are power hungry. they will say anything they can to get your vote, then not do anything they said. representative democracy does not police itself. the bill of rights and constitution are ignored by most of the government, occasionally we will get a supreme court decision that is based on the bill of rights or constitution, but we mostly get personal beliefs. the president and congress dont care about them, after all it is the courts decision to overturn a law after it is put in to action. not before. that means people can be arrested or hurt or whatever untill somebody with enough money takes it to court. even then like i said, they decide based on personal beliefs. also the fact that they are appointed by the president is flawed because why would a president appoint a judge that would put a check on their power?

in short representive democracy may seem like a good idea, but when put into practice it does not work. it exploites the same flaw capitalism does, greed.
Would you say it's more, or less policing than say, a dictatorship?
Old 08-12-2004, 11:01 PM #72
AxPandorasxBox (Banned)
殉教者

Quote:
Why...why did you have to bring emo into this?
Old 08-12-2004, 11:05 PM #73
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by AxPandorasxBox
Why...why did you have to bring emo into this?
I'm sorry. I forgot this was only a subforum of ST, not the ST lobby.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:14 AM #74
bern

Quote:
Would you say it's more, or less policing than say, a dictatorship?
of course more. i prefer representative democracy to dictatorship. that does not make it the best though.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:47 AM #75
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Best we have so far.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:56 AM #76
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
You have no idea. I was at a concert the other day.

Here's how anti-flag put it:

"**** that son of a ***** Bush. This year we are going to kick his *** out of office. Then! In 4 years, that mother ****er John Kerry is leaving! AND WE ARE GOING TO REPEAT MOTHER ****ERS! Down with government!"
Old 08-13-2004, 01:01 PM #77
Prodigul

All the politics in punk music is really stupid. Maybe there is a possibility some members of the bands have some intellectual capacity, but they sure dont express it through their music. Basically all bands with a focus political agenda suck(other than the awsome Rage Against the Machine) and are made to appeal to those who know nothing of politics.

Check out my feedback:
Old 08-13-2004, 06:13 PM #78
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by P8le Dricmade
You have no idea. I was at a concert the other day.

Here's how anti-flag put it:

"**** that son of a ***** Bush. This year we are going to kick his *** out of office. Then! In 4 years, that mother ****er John Kerry is leaving! AND WE ARE GOING TO REPEAT MOTHER ****ERS! Down with government!"
Whoa. That's scary. What a bunch of know-nothing asshats. The REALLY scary thing is a lot of people obsessed over their music probably are greatly influenced by statements like that.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:12 PM #79
P8le Dricmade
Magicians never die

Quote:
Whoa. That's scary. What a bunch of know-nothing asshats. The REALLY scary thing is a lot of people obsessed over their music probably are greatly influenced by statements like that.
Needless to say, I found myself slowly inching my way out of the mosh before they all uncovered my true identity
Old 08-14-2004, 02:49 PM #80
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by P8le Dricmade
Needless to say, I found myself slowly inching my way out of the mosh before they all uncovered my true identity
I'll be sure to leak out that you are undercover black ice, in true American fashion.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:43 PM #81
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

Rage is the only intelligent band (that choose to express their views) when it comes to politics.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:49 PM #82
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Quote:
Originally posted by El Presidente
Rage is the only intelligent band (that choose to express their views) when it comes to politics.
Even that's a stretch.
Old 08-14-2004, 08:15 PM #83
Prodigul

Not really. They have intellectual understanding of topics they talking about. You cant give full explainations at concerts, so they resort to simplification of their message. Overall though, they are most effective - and imo best - politically oriented band.

Check out my feedback:
Old 08-14-2004, 08:19 PM #84
The Dread Pirate
Warning: Choking Hazard

The Dread Pirate is a Supporting Member
Dictatorship is by far the most effective way to rule. Read The Prince.