Old 08-08-2004, 02:31 PM #86
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by *NiTr0*
Draft your self, thats what you'll get.
Except I'd be sacrifcing years of better paying work and an easy life.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:09 PM #87
El Presidente
Flux = Rad

I've read a bunch of arguments in this thread about "defending your country" and what not and if you don't want to go to war then you are a commie and a coward. I remember a while back, I saw a bit on the news about the troops in Iraq. The journalist asked a group of about 50 soldiers how many of them signed up because they love their country and believe in the war. One person raised their hand. Then, he asked the bunch how many signed up because they needed money for college. Everyone else raised their hand.
Old 08-08-2004, 04:11 PM #88
PB Commando
!

of cource thats why most people sign up when we are not it a war time situation. Now did these people sign up before or after we go t involved in Iraq. Also a better question would have been "how many of you joined up for both?"

"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world. There are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All This I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the Kingodm of Salvation take me home?"
Old 08-08-2004, 08:18 PM #89
NorCalBaller88
iFap

Quote:
Originally posted by El Presidente
I've read a bunch of arguments in this thread about "defending your country" and what not and if you don't want to go to war then you are a commie and a coward. I remember a while back, I saw a bit on the news about the troops in Iraq. The journalist asked a group of about 50 soldiers how many of them signed up because they love their country and believe in the war. One person raised their hand. Then, he asked the bunch how many signed up because they needed money for college. Everyone else raised their hand.
Ok, where are you getting this "If you don't go to war for your country, you are a commie" thing? Can you possibly link not wanting to go to war with your country having anything to do with communism? It makes you look insanely stupid when you try to argue like that. Communism is a political structure, and probably what the earth will be engaged in when we get immensely over populated, because, it is that, or war engulfs the entire world.
Also, remember, communist states have a military structure. If I can remember correctly, the Soviet Union had one of the largest military in the world.

"Plenty of room at the Hotel California..."