PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-03-2004, 06:13 PM #22
bob just bob1987
Slumpa

has been a member for 10 years
Dang I just got my permit and it says im elligible for the draft and it looks like it might be a draft if Bush is realected.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2004, 06:14 PM #23
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ckyskizzy
Listen, you worthless commie trash. Here's how it works in America: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU CAN LEAVE. IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY, YOU DO THE DUTY WHEN YOUR COUNTRY CALLS UPON YOU. That's how it works, if you don't like that system, feel free to leave now. I guarantee the next generation of cowardly draft dodgers won't be pardoned by some worthless liberal apologist like Jimmy Carter.
Don't be so politically inept.

You my friend are about to get this thread closed from your closed mind and huge mouth.

You aren't even old enough to know what sacrifice is.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:18 PM #24
hiaseas
Tool

Quote:
Originally posted by csjets14
Nicely said... Are u kidding me Iraq lived under one of the worlds most dangerous power hungry phycos ever..
I know another power hungry psycho, and his name is George Bush.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:25 PM #25
Deceit
What?

Deceit is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by ikiru
Doesnt anyone remember 9/11? The terrorists attacked us first! We are in a war against terrorists! We went into Iraq because we didnt want terrorists to use the resources of Saddam Hussein. Saddam has shown in the past that he is not afraid to use WMDs (the nut gassed thousands of his own people). Whats to stop him from giving WMDs to terrorists? He violated several UN resolutions. The US (including the coalition of the willing) was the only country with balls enough to enforce the resolutions that the UN passed. Thats why we went in. Thats why the now US is a safer place than when Saddam ruled Iraq. The war was not about oil, plain and simple. When will you conspiracy theory liberals get that in your dense skulls?

If you want to move to canada if Bush gets elected, then feel free. Take those wack-job actors with you! Thats what makes this place a great country!

-ikiru
The terrorists are not in Iraq. We helped fund Iraq more than the any terrorists has. I fail to see any of your arguments.

What war against the terrorists? Have we caught our main target. We have spent millions upon millions of dollars trying to catch one man and we don't have much of anything to show for it.

What weapons of mass destruction? Do you not read anything that isn't your newpaper or local telivison station?

You think you know the UN and you think we have "balls"? Balls possibly. Probably too much. Cow boy tactics get us killed. We had the balls to go into Iraq to fight for a cause but we didn't have the brain to think of an exit plan nor did we have the brain to investigate thoroughly.

The US a safer place? "Terror threat level" on the rise. Innocent people being beheaded overseas. Goverment urging us not to take family trips to certain countries?

Dense skulls? Think about the Republic synonym. "Conservative"

con·ser·va·tive Audio pronunciation of "conservative" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-sūrv-tv)
adj.

1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.

You my friend are the ideal candidate for one with a think skull.

You have no real depth when you say "great country". You have no idea what was going through the heads of our forfathers when they signed the deleration of independence or the bill of rights.

If we put millions of African Americans into Slavery and millions of Japanese Americans in interment camps then how could you honestly say that. You have no depth into what you are talking about.

You really are excused from this conversation...
Old 08-03-2004, 06:42 PM #26
BluFyre7

Very well said Deceit.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:56 PM #27
DyDy
Owns u

Quote:
Originally posted by Deceit
The terrorists are not in Iraq. We helped fund Iraq more than the any terrorists has. I fail to see any of your arguments.

What war against the terrorists? Have we caught our main target. We have spent millions upon millions of dollars trying to catch one man and we don't have much of anything to show for it.

What weapons of mass destruction? Do you not read anything that isn't your newpaper or local telivison station?

You think you know the UN and you think we have "balls"? Balls possibly. Probably too much. Cow boy tactics get us killed. We had the balls to go into Iraq to fight for a cause but we didn't have the brain to think of an exit plan nor did we have the brain to investigate thoroughly.

The US a safer place? "Terror threat level" on the rise. Innocent people being beheaded overseas. Goverment urging us not to take family trips to certain countries?

Dense skulls? Think about the Republic synonym. "Conservative"

con·ser·va·tive Audio pronunciation of "conservative" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-sūrv-tv)
adj.

1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.

You my friend are the ideal candidate for one with a think skull.

You have no real depth when you say "great country". You have no idea what was going through the heads of our forfathers when they signed the deleration of independence or the bill of rights.

If we put millions of African Americans into Slavery and millions of Japanese Americans in interment camps then how could you honestly say that. You have no depth into what you are talking about.

Just to let you know Terroists don't fund a goverment, its the other way around .

Honestly, I think the whole WMD thing was just a reason to give people to attack Iraq. And no we didn't attack for there oil . Really though, if Saddam Huessian ever did get WMD, it would not have been a good thing. Thats why we went to war, he hated America, and was phsycotic ruler of a country.

If i was old enough to vote, I'd vote for Bush, simply cause I don't like Kerry.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:59 PM #28
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Then leave right now. Your duty as an American is to go to war if your country calls on you. Don't bother waiting till a draft to flee to Canada. You're a pathetic excuse for an American, you're a coward, and you're a commie.
As americans, your duty should be to ensure peace and security, not go to war. Too often you fools overlook non-military means to combat and solve problems. And there are those among you that glorify war and military service without having ever served in the armed forces themselves.

Advising someone to leave the country if they do not share your opinion, the government's opinion, or the public's opinion is not only an attack on free speech, but is also completely antiamerican.

Old 08-03-2004, 07:22 PM #29
Dg32
Word

Very well said ^^^.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:26 PM #30
Timeeee4

Here in america you have rights, and responsabilities(sp). We all take advantage of our rights and therefore should go to war when the government officials(that were voted in by us) decide that a war is worth fighting, if you dont like it, vote for new leaders or leave, its as simple as that.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
--Thomas Jefferson

"Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings."
-- Heinrich Heine
Old 08-03-2004, 07:28 PM #31
Parkert1234
Balls.

Close minded people just got served....and I have a new found love for Deceit
start a fight.

Free from discrimination.
bizkitfan601 - "Parker you're a very wise man. Wise beyond your years. After the beginning of metal rapage my nasal condition has improved mightily. I thank you sir. A+++ would do business with again."
Old 08-03-2004, 07:28 PM #32
Parkert1234
Balls.

Quote:
Originally posted by Timeeee4
Here in america you have rights, and responsabilities(sp). We all take advantage of our rights and therefore should go to war when the government officials(that were voted in by us) decide that a war is worth fighting, if you dont like it, vote for new leaders or leave, its as simple as that.
Wow, someone hasn't read this thread thoroughly.
start a fight.

Free from discrimination.
bizkitfan601 - "Parker you're a very wise man. Wise beyond your years. After the beginning of metal rapage my nasal condition has improved mightily. I thank you sir. A+++ would do business with again."
Old 08-03-2004, 07:57 PM #33
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
terrorists were in iraq, and obviously still are in iraq, who do you think is cutting peoples heads off and setting off car bombs? we didnt fund iraq, thier oil funded iraq along with sadam
Quote:
no we havent caught osama, but we have caught many of al-queadas leaders and have killed off or captured the majority of al-queada
Quote:
the war wasnt for wmds, that was one of the reasons but not the only one, try reading the 9/11 report, it clearly states that iraq had ties to al-queada and offered them refuge
Quote:
sometimes you dont have time to investigate things "thoroughly". we were attacked on 9/11, we knew sadam had ties to al-quadea and we were given information from russian and british intellegence, and our own cia that stated that sadam probably had wmds, also sadam broke the rules set out for him after the gulf war describing that he needed to let un weapons inspectors in at any time anywhere to search for wmds that he was supposed to destroy, sadam limited thier access and eventually kicked the weapons inspectors out, we should have went in then but clinton was in office
Quote:
considering that thier hasnt been another attack, yes it is safer, the government cant help if terrorists want to attack us?!? whats wrong with raising the terror alert? one minute you want us not to pursue threats, the next you complain that people want us dead. makes no sense
Quote:
If we put millions of African Americans into Slavery and millions of Japanese Americans in interment camps then how could you honestly say that. You have no depth into what you are talking about
how can you try and blame that on conservatives? why are so many people trying to come to america to start new lives
Quote:
yes, yes you are....
Old 08-03-2004, 08:07 PM #34
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Azzkicka
considering that thier hasnt been another attack, yes it is safer, the government cant help if terrorists want to attack us?!? whats wrong with raising the terror alert? one minute you want us not to pursue threats, the next you complain that people want us dead. makes no sense
How many foreign based terrorist attacks were conducted on u.s. soil prior to September 11th?

Terrorism isn't a common thing in the united states. While 9/11 was a tragedy, it was a statistical anomaly. In other words, there probably would not have been more terrorist attacks against the united states had little or nothing been done after the WTC attacks. The fact that there have been no successful attacks against the united states is not statistical proof that post 9/11 antiterrorism policies have been successful in stopping terrorist attacks.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:35 PM #35
ckyskizzy

Dreadlock, I'm glad you're qualified to make that assumption. Because apparently Tom Ridge, the CIA, and the FBI aren't capable, despite their training, years of service, and, oh right, experience with the matter.

By the way, deceit, you've got some seriously circular arguments there.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:45 PM #36
AxPandorasxBox (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by ikiru
Doesnt anyone remember 9/11? Nope, doesn't ring any bells... The terrorists attacked us first! We are in a war against terrorists! We went into Iraq because we didnt want terrorists to use the resources of Saddam Hussein. Saddam has shown in the past that he is not afraid to use WMDs (the nut gassed thousands of his own people) He gassed the Kurds, who are by no means his own people . Whats to stop him from giving WMDs to terrorists? He violated several UN resolutions. The US (including the coalition of the willing) was the only country with balls enough to enforce the resolutions that the UN passed. Thats why we went in. Thats why the now US is a safer place than when Saddam ruled Iraq. Now that you've said that, don't even try to feed us bull**** about how you feel safer. It's obvious you'd be supporting your pathetic argument. The war was not about oil, plain and simple. Oh? How do you know? When will you conspiracy theory liberals get that in your dense skulls?

If you want to move to canada if Bush gets elected, then feel free. Take those wack-job actors with you! Thats what makes this place a great country!

-ikiru
Old 08-03-2004, 09:48 PM #37
AxPandorasxBox (Banned)

Quote:
Listen, you worthless commie trash. Here's how it works in America: IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, YOU CAN LEAVE. IF YOU CHOOSE TO STAY, YOU DO THE DUTY WHEN YOUR COUNTRY CALLS UPON YOU. That's how it works, if you don't like that system, feel free to leave now. I guarantee the next generation of cowardly draft dodgers won't be pardoned by some worthless liberal apologist like Jimmy Carter.
Love it or leave it huh? You close-minded moron you. So cute!
Old 08-03-2004, 09:52 PM #38
AxPandorasxBox (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by DyDy
If i was old enough to vote, I'd vote for Bush, simply cause I don't like Kerry.
Thank god you can't vote.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:20 PM #39
DeadAngel

yea thank god, why would u want a redneck as a president.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:25 PM #40
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Dreadlock, I'm glad you're qualified to make that assumption. Because apparently Tom Ridge, the CIA, and the FBI aren't capable, despite their training, years of service, and, oh right, experience with the matter.
Anyone who has taken a course in statistical analysis can verify what I've said, even if they failed the course.

Since 1942, this country has suffered through two whole acts of international terrorism, one of which was essentially unsuccessful and only killed six people.

Two attacks in 62 years . . . How likely is it that america is going to be attacked again by foreign terrorists? Answer: Not likely.

How likely is it that an attacks which might occur will be successful? Answer: Even less likely.

With a terrorist attack happening once every 31 years on average, one cannot honestly state that the rate of foreign terrorist attacks against the united states has decreased only three years after the last attack.

We have more to worry about from domestic terrorists than from foreign groups.

Here's something to think about: Since the united states became an independent country, it has suffered through, on average, a terrorist attack once every 114 years.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:25 PM #41
AxPandorasxBox (Banned)

That wasn't the gist of my post.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:28 PM #42
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by DreadLock Doc
Anyone who has taken a course in statistical analysis can verify what I've said, even if they failed the course.

Since 1942, this country has suffered through two whole acts of international terrorism, one of which was essentially unsuccessful and only killed six people.

Two attacks in 62 years . . . How likely is it that america is going to be attacked again by foreign terrorists? Answer: Not likely.

How likely is it that an attacks which might occur will be successful? Answer: Even less likely.

With a terrorist attack happening once every 31 years on average, one cannot honestly state that the rate of foreign terrorist attacks against the united states has decreased only three years after the last attack.

We have more to worry about from domestic terrorists than from foreign groups.

Here's something to think about: Since the united states became an independent country, it has suffered through, on average, a terrorist attack once every 114 years.
you can trust the statistics all you want, i would rather trust our defense system
once every 114 years? they bombed the wtc twice in less than 10 yrs, you cant trust the statistics considering how much more advanced the enemy has become over the last 20-30 yrs, al-queada has been planning more attacks on us soil than we previously knew, (the laptop) just because the average is in our favor doesnt mean that we are in any less danger