PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-21-2003, 05:19 PM #85
paintballer518

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by scpaintballer01
We have 2 fields at my place. One is in a junkyard across from the other one. We have an old beat up car, infact we have 3 OF THEM! It is about 300 by 200ft. so its really big, but great fun!! The other field is on a construction site that never got going and never will because our neighborhood bought the land so that we can use it. The best thing about it is that they only got to cut the trees down and never moved them, so we have made a million bunkers. And its right next to a creek about 10ft wide so we made 3-4 bridges. I know it sounds unbelieveable but its compelety true!
they bought it just so u could use it wow not to belivable but if its true thats really cool
paintballer518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2003, 03:16 PM #86
scpaintballer01 (Banned)
Banned

Not just so that we could use it. It was going to be turned into a dump site and they needed an excuse so we told them that we could be there excuse. Well it worked. A park might go back there sometime but till it does its ours.
scpaintballer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 04:17 PM #87
paintballer518

Quote:
Originally posted by scpaintballer01
Not just so that we could use it. It was going to be turned into a dump site and they needed an excuse so we told them that we could be there excuse. Well it worked. A park might go back there sometime but till it does its ours.
thats awesome
Old 10-23-2003, 08:39 AM #88
toby92vr4
Seal In Training

My .02 Cents -
I personally love the 100 acre farm we have to play on (winnie the pooh jokes are expected), and dont want to make it look like a garbage bin. I clear brush, cut down old trees, stack wood together and nail it, use older pallets, and hay bales, all natural things to keep the effect of rec ball.
Maybe im a purist, but it seems to me like putting old cars and T.V.s and hood lids ruins the natural enviroment a recballer strives to play in.
Here are a few things ive done to keep bunkers real looking.

Dug pallets about 1/4th into the ground, and stacked brush on them to hide them from view.

Build hay bails around trees, then bent (Not broke) branches in front of the hay bails to hide them partially from view.

Old trees with a curved trunk, lay them down and secure them with the hump going into the air, then shave it down, taking all the old limbs off of it, take the leimbs and stack them tightly against the tree, burying one end in the ground and nailing the other to the main section.

Go to a hunting store and get a magazine and take a look at some magazines there as well, those are FILLED with great ideas.

Ill get pictures soon -

my $0.02
toby92vr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 09:01 AM #89
scpaintballer01 (Banned)
Banned

Thats really cool. Do you have any custom bunkers? And if you do were did you find them?
Old 10-23-2003, 03:51 PM #90
paintballer518

Quote:
Originally posted by toby92vr4
My .02 Cents -
I personally love the 100 acre farm we have to play on (winnie the pooh jokes are expected), and dont want to make it look like a garbage bin. I clear brush, cut down old trees, stack wood together and nail it, use older pallets, and hay bales, all natural things to keep the effect of rec ball.
Maybe im a purist, but it seems to me like putting old cars and T.V.s and hood lids ruins the natural enviroment a recballer strives to play in.
Here are a few things ive done to keep bunkers real looking.

Dug pallets about 1/4th into the ground, and stacked brush on them to hide them from view.

Build hay bails around trees, then bent (Not broke) branches in front of the hay bails to hide them partially from view.

Old trees with a curved trunk, lay them down and secure them with the hump going into the air, then shave it down, taking all the old limbs off of it, take the leimbs and stack them tightly against the tree, burying one end in the ground and nailing the other to the main section.

Go to a hunting store and get a magazine and take a look at some magazines there as well, those are FILLED with great ideas.

Ill get pictures soon -

my $0.02
whinne the pooh jokes hmmmm...... whinne the pooh and all his friends would be cool playin paintball with eyore and all of them
Old 10-24-2003, 09:08 AM #91
toby92vr4
Seal In Training

-

Custom Bunkers? Clarify the question,
are you asking me to tell you how to build the bunkers I built?
Old 10-24-2003, 08:54 PM #92
ma$tawok

personally i say its more of a sport if your playing in woods and you just use natural bunkers like trees and stuff...but also (and i dont know why no one's said this before i think its a great bunker) CARPET can be stapled or nailed to trees. i dont know about you but in my neighborhood someones always throwing out carpet. so anyways you can put it between two trees...or three works good too...or you can make it between two trees like 10 feet above the ground if you have a latter that goes up a tree or a little platform. its real versatil an free!
Old 10-25-2003, 08:26 AM #93
scpaintballer01 (Banned)
Banned

Yeah, like the bunkers that you bilt your self and crap.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:42 PM #94
toby92vr4
Seal In Training

Aight, ill get some pics up.
Old 11-09-2003, 12:25 PM #95
Willie
Shoot me again

me and my freinds put together a field at my grandparents house we have about 5 tires we made two bunkers out of crates that are pretty nice umm....we have this old model-t type thing all it is, is rust now heh and we have some more wood bunkers
then we have another one at my freinds house...well used to till this retard cut everything up cuz he thought it was on his land..anyway we used to have a big shed bunker with roof and everything fallen trees in the middle and some L shaped bunkers on either side and more fallen trees and stuff...It WAS a good field..

srsly
Willie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 04:16 PM #96
paintjoeballs
bunkered

hey guys

me and my friends have a infinite sorce for drums

they are not liek oil drum they are plastic and a little curved on the sideds so when you put ehm side by side you get a 1 in gap at top and bottom.....

with that said

i have made a field layout and the other guys are really into it so if you guys can come up wiht any layout i woudl appreciate it

pics from scanners or anything
if you could just email me

i dont want scenario stuff just a really good speed ball field that allows allot of movement and bunkering.....
thanks

(Ya know, I must have really been hard core as I DID build my own gun out of scraps, but that was LONG before there was Talons or Spyders.
Getting the raw materials in larger quantities now so we don't have to rely on "scrap)quoted from GP@PPS
paintjoeballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:28 AM #97
pbcatcher

the field we play on is made up of LARGE plastic tubing, pallets, rail road ties and large spools. its surrounded with netting to allow people to stand and watch. there is also a woodsball section on the other side of the road and it only costs us 5 bucks a day to play.
Old 12-14-2003, 08:14 PM #98
armthehomeless

but remember it is really important that you poke em full of holes so you don't get hordes of mosquitos at your field
armthehomeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 02:49 PM #99
Tom11
is 11moT backwards

We play in an old salvage yard..with plexyglass..Oil barrels..Tires..Wood..It's really sweet..Thats when we aren't playing at our sponsor..but yeah, it's fun..I'm about to put a speedball in my tennis court..
[list of things for sale] for your [ANYTHING]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
AIM: lookibunKeredyou Click to AIM me!
E-mail: lookibunkeredyou@gmail.com
Tom11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 04:18 PM #100
Tom11
is 11moT backwards

Question..Where do I get the following things for free, (or get paid to take them..)

Pallets
55 gallon drums
plywood
2X4s
tarps
tires
crates
tin roofing
cinderblocks
spools
hay bales
trash cans
signs
plexiglass
shopping carts
boxes from ATVs/snowmobiles
large tubing
R/R ties

Old 12-29-2003, 12:55 AM #101
armthehomeless

you can most of these from salvage yards, department, hardware and grocery store back alleys. Bulk fuel depots. You can get empty spools from electrical company lots. Shopping carts can often be found behind grocery and departments stores,(they usually just pile up the broken ones, or put them in a dumpster.)

You can get nearly all of it for free if you know how to ask. Or just get yourself a five finger discount after dark.
Old 12-29-2003, 11:42 AM #102
Tom11
is 11moT backwards

Nah, I don't want to steal it..
Old 12-29-2003, 02:07 PM #103
armthehomeless

just think of yourself as robin hood.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:56 PM #104
paintjoeballs
bunkered

hahhahahaha ya 5 finger works good on the stuff that isnt loud like the barrels

(Ya know, I must have really been hard core as I DID build my own gun out of scraps, but that was LONG before there was Talons or Spyders.
Getting the raw materials in larger quantities now so we don't have to rely on "scrap)quoted from GP@PPS
paintjoeballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 08:15 PM #105
armthehomeless

be like a ninja, barrels aren't loud