Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-05-2003, 06:05 PM #64
paintballjunkie 0000

has been a member for 10 years
me and my team have just started a practice field of our own in my backyard and its plenty big enough but i have to clear it out pretty mcuh first and theres is soooo much ivy back there i have no idea how to get rid of it all without having to weed eat it all that would take a month cause this is a big field and i want it down to bare dirt cause i live down by a river in AL and snakes are an issue so i have to get rid of it so i can see what im playing on down there. any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated thks team slackers
paintballjunkie 0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2003, 11:44 PM #65
captsarcastic69

Where in AL do you live Junkie? I live down in Baldwin county and some people I know recently started a real field which is of decent quality and low price compared to the rest. I have about 70 acres of land too and I am going to look at starting a small more private 5 man field later in the summer.
captsarcastic69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2003, 11:34 AM #66
paintballer518

i am tryin to get pics of our field it is a woodsball fields with tons of bunkers forts perchs etc but no one i know has a digital camera
paintballer518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 02:23 PM #67
mxopivypxgb451
Original ST Army:EAST

At my friends house we made a nice field.
ITs setup for 2 3 man teams and games go from about 50 secs to 5 mins MAXImuim. Mainly we have Pallets with Plywood over them.
THeres a old car( slammed into treee,gas cans in trunk with bullet holes) It exploded so we use car doors,
Thers and old refrigerator and this giganitc wood thing. Though weve hooked up a Old satellite frame with a cut out portion.
We use Plactics Water Drums and a bathtub
I recently found a new Bunker. SHOPPING CARTS!!
You go to som place and out where u find the pallets they throw out the broken Shopping cartts( ones without wheels and broken fronts that are in the dumpster. THen where the child basket is you pull it up so its a rectangular shape and it holds when wood is put in front of it. We also use Plexi glass from my dad nad my friends dad(cops) And set those up.
mxopivypxgb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 02:24 PM #68
mxopivypxgb451
Original ST Army:EAST

We have custom tourneys . Everyone puts name in hat and we draw 3 man teams. Woods surround it so we have 24hr games

Tourneys its 3$ entry fee winning 3 man team divis up the moolah. Its actually a great time and of course its BYOP so its 3 dollars to enter we get about 21 kids.
Its better than 100$ a case and 50 $ entry.
mxopivypxgb451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 11:52 PM #69
Tipc98

Me and my friends built a wooded feild its os small its considered speedball, lol,
his back yardwe used doors,plywood,sheet metal,tires,and old book shelves it turnde out awesome
Tipc98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 05:16 PM #70
killer5284
Mpulse

i have a speedball field in a warehouse, ill take pics and post em up in a few weeks.

-Dan

www.flickr.com/photos/dfake
killer5284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 05:22 PM #71
paintballer518

ok that sounds really cool
Old 07-22-2003, 11:13 AM #72
-fivestarocks-
and i stare into space...

my field sucks its like in a small space that barely fits 5man
Old 08-09-2003, 09:59 PM #73
paintboy383
Drive fast, drive crazy

about this water in the tire thing, wouldn't just drilling a 1/2" or more hole in whatever side faces the ground, or if they're on their side & you're stacking em all around the bottom? wouldn't this work?
what i got: e-99 avant, cp chrome reg, 48 3k pe, 12" sp teardrop, egg II, 32* flame drop & bottomline, shocktech feedneck, shocktech trigger, converted to top cocking, polished bolt & internals (& lightened since half my bolt is gone), spring kit...
what i need: sanity and alot more money...

"Drive fast, drive crazy, but drive wherever you wanna go"
paintboy383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 09:27 AM #74
Ethon
Bleh

http://www2.gilroycal.com/Ethon/field
Old 08-20-2003, 10:00 PM #75
O000O000O000

i just made a field out of plywood in my woods propped agianst trees
O000O000O000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 04:07 PM #76
O000O000O000

also sheets work well and are cheap, hang them loosley so that the balls drop when they hit them. I use a rivet gun to put my sheets up into trees. Also i use plywood and scrap metal that was left over fromour pole barn. Also when clearing the woods you can make a massive pile of trees leaves and branches. This can work as a bunker if your careful
O000O000O000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 04:21 PM #77
armthehomeless

tires, palletes, old cars, tarps, hay bales all make great terrain. You can get them all for free if you look in the right places. You can salvage through your local junk yard/dump but you will have to ask permission first. As for tires being a breeding ground for west nile infected mosquitoes, just cut some holes in the bottom of them, do this with any barrels on your field too, as well as anything that will hold water. Make sure any barrels you get are clean too, you don't want an oily toxic wasteland as a recball field.
armthehomeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 04:22 PM #78
armthehomeless

I forgot to mention, fill out your bunkers with old brush, because clearing some of the brush will make the field more playable and is good for the forest too, just don't overdo it.

I forgot this too, take a hammer out with you and hammer down all the nails sticking out, and bend in any sharp metal corners on your scrap metal and old cars. you may also wish to use some flagging tape(that orange caution tape) to mark the boundarys, and barb-wire fences and ditches, these are quite common in my area, and I haven't seen a field without them.

And don't go into any structuraly unsound old decrepit junky shacks, and buildings. You don't want them collapsing on you.
It would be good if you all payed attention to this, the last thing this sport needs right now is someone getting killed or maimed on a homemade recball field.

Last edited by armthehomeless : 08-25-2003 at 04:27 PM.
armthehomeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:48 PM #79
JaredS.

Me and my friends have this idea to set up a field of our own to play on so we dont have to pay a green fee or spend 100 a case on paint. My grandpa owns close to 1000 acres of land, so finding a location wouldnt be a problem. The only problem is that its an hour and a half away from any shop, so air would be an issue. Does anyone know how to get a hold of a large air tank like fields use, and how much it would set us back?
JaredS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 09:31 AM #80
paintballer518

we also just made a speedball field and as a flag station we have one of those things little kids play on that r plastic pieces u put together if u can find one of those it works pretty well and we play centerflag most of the time so to find a flag just go to a construction site (ours was where they were buildin a new bridge) they have those big orange flag things they r pretty cool and when u r runnin back u get to wave them around.
Old 08-31-2003, 01:51 AM #81
SteelersRock

Air Tanks

You can use scuba tanks that will last you a day. You can pick them up used for about $100.00 used.

As an Irishman my motto is "Is this a private fight, or can anyone join?"
SteelersRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 12:17 PM #82
fonzy

Quote:
Originally posted by O000O000O000
Also when clearing the woods you can make a massive pile of trees leaves and branches. This can work as a bunker if your careful
I have several bunkers made of old treesbranches, I just propped them up agaisnt some bent over/downed trees. Also i f you have a local snowmobile/atv dealer, usually they will give away the boxes they came in, I just got 8 of them today! Maybe I shall post some pics
fonzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:04 AM #83
seamore johnson
Banned

well at my field(we have 5 acres) there are a number of large craters. I also have a lot of campain signs(line local election things) theyre thick, sturdy, and free. as far as palattes go, be careful. Some places might take action if you take them because some places around me give 10 bucks a pallete.
seamore johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 04:14 PM #84
scpaintballer01 (Banned)
Banned

We have 2 fields at my place. One is in a junkyard across from the other one. We have an old beat up car, infact we have 3 OF THEM! It is about 300 by 200ft. so its really big, but great fun!! The other field is on a construction site that never got going and never will because our neighborhood bought the land so that we can use it. The best thing about it is that they only got to cut the trees down and never moved them, so we have made a million bunkers. And its right next to a creek about 10ft wide so we made 3-4 bridges. I know it sounds unbelieveable but its compelety true!
scpaintballer01 is offline   Reply With Quote