EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
Some friends and I went into some guys farm for the weekened. all friday and staurday we dug trenches over a couple square acres. sunday we played a few games.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2002, 10:06 PM #44
apoc
get it

Thumbs up

I have found the locations and direction bunkers are facing can be the difference between a horrible field and an increadible one
apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:38 PM #45
killer5284
Mpulse

info about using tires for bunkers.

Info from my crazy old dad,

tires actually are supposed to be burned because somehow they contribute to Malaria infected mosquitos, im not sure if this is true, but hes a pretty smart guy.

www.flickr.com/photos/dfake
killer5284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 12:47 PM #46
SteelersRock

Hey Killer...

Your Dad's concern is somewhat valid. Mosquitos need stagnate water to lay eggs in. So tires with stagnate rain water is a perfect place to lay eggs. So are discarded pop cans, beer cans, and flower vases are gravesights. Just about every discarded item that holds water is a breeding ground for those littel pests.

Same thing is true of Hyper Ball tubing.

As an Irishman my motto is "Is this a private fight, or can anyone join?"
SteelersRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2003, 09:11 PM #47
paintballjunkie007

ahhh help, ive got a leak on my gun

wats up, aight, its a spyder compact.. im selling it, i cleaned it up and oiled everthing for this dude, and when i went to shoot it, it started leakin where the bottom line goes and thelow pressure chamber
soo i unscrewd that dill, and looked at it, seein if anything was wrong and it looked fine. so i put it back on and it still did the same thing... some1 help!!

-Zack
......................l l( )=)xxx-.............
......................l l.......\X\..............
......................[]........\X\.............i
paintballjunkie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 08:04 PM #48
killer5284
Mpulse

put some teflon tape on the hose fitting

read above

Old 02-04-2003, 09:34 AM #49
pychcoticfreak69

Thumbs up Making a Rec field

Me and my friend just made a field in his wooded yard. You can use Plywood, natrual Barracades, Plastic Barriers, Cars, old pieces of metal(rusted or not), and preety much anything else about 3' tall, nad atleast 2'wide but i would suggest wider than that is u want more people.......
pychcoticfreak69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 10:54 AM #50
paintballjunkie007

well i fixed my gun, if any1 cares. but i wanna start a rookie team, but i live in tyler,tx and theres not much tournies here... i talked about rookie tournys at my pb shop, but i got nothing..?
some1 tell me something about tournies maybe in dallas or longview or something.??

thanks dude's

i got my hinge yesterday! hehe
......................l l( )=)xxx-.............
......................l l.......\X\..............
......................[]........\X\.............i
paintballjunkie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 01:20 AM #51
automagsrule
LOIC

my field

is a traditional speedball feild.

X....................X
........OOO........
...X......X.....X...
.......X......X......
...X......X.....X...
.........XXX........
...X......X.....X...
.......X......X......
...X......X.....X...
........OOO........
X....................X

0 = two corner bunkers
10 = long start bunker
20 = 3 bunkers
30 = 2 bunkers
40 = 3 bunkers (same as 20)
50 = 1 long bunker

X= bunker
O= start bunker

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton

Last edited by automagsrule : 02-09-2003 at 02:48 PM.
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 09:56 AM #52
killer5284
Mpulse

field in a warehouse.

i made a kick *** field in a warehouse that i can use until the summer, im gonna take some pics with in the next week and ill show you all. nice field deisigns above, btw

Dan

Old 03-01-2003, 07:29 PM #53
automagsrule
LOIC

thanx. Its actually the old style tourney fields, back when they had no creativity and made every speedball field the same.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 04:44 PM #54
SlickWilly

My friends and I have a couple fields. The one we are currently working on is going to be great. We're building a two story "house" that people will occupy. And outside it are small bunkers and places to assault the house from. The object is to kill everyone inside the house, and the people in the house are outnumbered to make it even.

We got all of our wood from construction sites. If you ask them if they have any scrap wood that they dont want, they'll most likely give it to you. For two days we drove around in pickup trucks gathering wood, and constructing the house. We're about 25% done. I'll get some pictures once its done. But like everyone else said, just get palletes and other objects that cant be shot through. Hell, we have a field that we didnt do anything to. We just follow deer trails and such.
SlickWilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2003, 11:28 PM #55
php486

at the moment, i am building a course in my backyard. we are using doors. this guy at a door place and a bunch (a bunch) of doors he couldnt use so he let me have them. turning out pretty good so far. all my friends are coming over on Sun. so i will take some pics and post.
php486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:22 PM #56
yamadog_boy

Lightbulb

we have a field we build on about 5 acers we used about 100 pallets 70 some hay bails, camper, 2 cars, brush , ice machine tires, out house, wood pilles, pinica table , big spool, rocks, and barrels .
and at another field that we have is a junk yard with about 500 cars . and i was thinking about building a speed ball course in a field that i have with 3 by 5 stainless steel flooring , blocks , signs , and mabe build pull a car or 2 down in their , refirgator , i was gone to putit in a field about 100 yards by 80 yards wide do you guys think that would be big enough .

please give your comments in opions what i can do i got alot of stuff to play around with so hope to hear
Old 03-25-2003, 03:16 PM #57
php486

well here are some pics. we got to play on sunday. had a lot of fun.
http://frontiernet.net/~bdolack/paint1.htm
Old 03-25-2003, 03:49 PM #58
Cockershooter2k3
Banned

hey PHP nice lil feild, We already have a few feilds one with a old resturant/snackshop that used to be there for a drive in theater still has some of the stoves in there and still has the bathroom stalls. Perty cool playing indoors and the front part of it where the booths would be we have pallets set up and everything and the booth for the movie projector is still there good hiding spot for some games cool place to play.
Cockershooter2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:50 AM #59
php486

well i made a site for my pictures. heres the site http://willyspaintball.hopto.org/
Old 04-01-2003, 11:02 PM #60
magic markers
sienor member....lol

Re: How to make/organize a rec field.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rueben the Wanderer
For anyone who makes their own rec fields, or knows any good layouts or materials to use, please post it here. Pictures, real or drawn, would also help.
HEY... WE START FIELDS ALL THE TIME ... AND A CHEAP EASY WAY TO CARY IN ALOT OF BUNKERS IS TO USE 3/4IN PVC IN 5FT LENGHTS.. HAMMER THEM IN 18IN AND 3-4FT APART AND USE CARDBOARD TAPED BETWEEN THEM... LIGHT AND EASY TO MOVE AND EASY TO PUT UP .... THIS WORKS GOOD FOR A TEMP FIELD OR KIDS ON A BUDGET.... RAIN OR SNOW WILL KILL THIS FIELD..
BUT IF YOU GET KICKED OUT ITS EASY TO MOVE...
magic markers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 09:07 PM #61
JJ5201

If you had access to alot of pallets you could set 2 together like an upside down v. Just tie the tops together andspread the bottoms some and they would freestand. Make sure to offset them slightly so that one covers the holes on the other.

Also, If you live near a dairy farm you could try to talk them out of some of the empty jugs that pipe and tank cleaning solutions com in. They are about 30 gallons so they are smaller than an oil drum, but you could proably get them for nothing, and they are plastic so they are easy to move around.
JJ5201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 10:22 AM #62
nnnooovvvaaa

mnotlyon

We like to use hay bales. They're free, and they can be easily moved around. They don't make your land look like a junk yard either.

well u live in an erae that you can get hay but also where we play its a old land fill palce so if we dig deep we hit garbage from the like 60's and 70's so ur lucky havin open fileds an shiut there aint much of em near my livin mile from manhatan
nnnooovvvaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 07:26 AM #63
paintballer518

about the tire thing we have a really big tire bunker made of about 30 tires at our field and misquitos was a concern of ours so wat we did was dig a pit inside the bunker and used the dirt to fill the tires i think that should work
paintballer518 is offline   Reply With Quote