PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-16-2002, 03:32 PM #1
OldSchool

has been a member for 10 years
PT Xtreme Questions! All help appreciated!

I'm very interested in getting a PT Xtreme for side-arm use in Scenario games or just mess around use in rec games, and don't know anyone with personal experience with one, so I'm here to ask a few questions:

1) Is it worth it? Am I going to actually go out there with a marker that works (respectivly, it's not an Angel here, it's a model toy compared to that) or am I going out with my own personal hand-shaped paintball holder?

2) Can I change velocity externally, preferably with a nob, but allen wrench will suffice.

3) Are there upgrades that are actually worth it? I've heard about a "vertical adapter" but never seen one on an Xtreme, much less one that worked on any other side arm. Also interested in barrels, bolts, valve insides, and most IMPORTANTLY, grip frames - I hate the current gripframe, are there any upgrades, and if not, can I at least change the trigger?

4) Does it shoot nicely, or do you bounce off people unless they're standing 2 feet in front of your barrel?

and most importantly...

5) How do you like the 'gun?

Thanks,
Old School
68/4500 psi Crossfire
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-16-2002, 09:20 PM #2
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Crash STP is a Supporting Member
1- yes -played alot w/ it solo - get a spyder spring kit to get the velocity up over 250
2- dial-a-welt on the rear under the bolt
3-I've got a vert adaptor coming, J&J makes a nice barrel, not sure on the grip frame and trigger i thought the same but I got used to them
4-shoots well for what it is -about the same as a stock spyder
5- yes it's fun but I've got ALOT of markers
Old 02-17-2002, 02:20 AM #3
SGT BiGGiE

i didnt know jnj made a barrel for the xtreme?,i know 32 does,but with the stock barrel is it pretty nice,i beleieve the graipframe is the same one on stock 01 rebels so a 02 45 double trigger may fit(well the xtreme has a sinle trigger of course but it ihnk same gripframes)but i will find out for sure
Old 02-17-2002, 02:03 PM #4
OldSchool

Heh, I shot a stock Spyder for about 2 years, I think this will suffice!

Thanks a lot guys,

OS
68/4500 psi Crossfire
Old 02-22-2002, 12:12 PM #5
jonnymag

where can you get the J&J, i have 2 for my mag a 12" ceramic and a 12" SS i love em they're great . i'd like to get the one for the extreme.

BE stingray II
Tippmann 68-carbine
Automag powerfeed
PT extreme
Tippmann A-5 with response trigger
Old 02-22-2002, 11:35 PM #6
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Crash STP is a Supporting Member
http://www.jjperformance.com/
try calling them
Old 03-06-2002, 11:05 AM #7
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
1) The gun is basically an gun shaped paintball holder off the shelf. The velocity is abysmal, and I would definatly suggest a spring kit to raise that

2) There is a thumb dial on the gun to chance velocity

3) There are several upgrades for the gun actually. A vertical adapter can be found at iisports.com and the gun can be used with constant air with a bottomline (the grip has in-line bottomeline holes) There is also a new barrel for the PT Extreme, but I have never used it, though it can be found at americanpb.com

4) Off the shelf you have....tolerable accuraccy, but at ranges in excess of 40 feet you are mostly relying on luck. Also the guns velocity is such that I once shot a guy 9 times not more than 14 feet away while I Ran up on him, and each of the shots bounced

5) It depends upon your definition of worth I suppose. I personally love the gun once you get it workign right, and it makes a superb side arm. If you are stupid and crazy you can use it as a primary in some rec games, but life gets hairy reloading every 10 shots.
Old 03-07-2002, 03:49 PM #8
c4onastick

Numbers

With the Spyder spring kit, what's the velocity sitting at? What's the spread at 50ft?
Old 03-07-2002, 03:59 PM #9
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

With a new spring kit, your velocity sits around 270 feet per second on a fresh 12 gram when the temperature is around 60 degrees. The grouping at 50 feet is hard to tell really. Because it is a pistol it is a bit more difficult to hold on target for repeted shots. I know you can most shots into a 20 inch circly however, and a much smaller one if you take time and aim each one.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:35 PM #10
c4onastick

What kind of range are you maxing out at with the spring kit? Is it pretty consistent, even when firing in rapid sucession?
Old 03-08-2002, 10:43 AM #11
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

I'd say the max range that you have any real hope of hitting someone is 100 feet. Under rapid fire, you lose all accuraccy, possibly from both gas problems and the fact that you jerk the muzzle all over the place. Firing aroudn 1 bps is fine though...faster than that and you don't have time to suqeeze, you jerk....
Old 03-08-2002, 01:12 PM #12
c4onastick

100ft... not bad, thanks for the info.