PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-28-2004, 12:57 PM #1
knucklebone04

has been a member for 10 years
Tail light trouble - NEED HELP!

I drive an '01 Dodge Ram and am having a problem with the tail light. It works when I turn on my driving lights at night, however it will not blink for the turn signal or brighten for my brakes.

This problem occurs whether my main driving lights are on or not. ANy help would be appreciated as to how to fix this or what is the problem.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2004, 11:21 PM #2
knucklebone04

up! HELP!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:44 PM #3
Keyanator
SpYdEr MaN

check fuses with any kind of relation to the electronics....if not then check all of the bulbs in the inside part of the tail light. If that doesn't work then post.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:27 AM #4
dzhezKov
одиH

dzhezKov is a Supporting Member
dzhezKov is a founding member
First thing first check ALL the fuses. Then...

I recently had this exact same problem with my car. The issue was that the hot power wire going to the brake light switch on the brake pedal went bad, so I had to cut and re-run the wire to the ACC power wire to the brake light switch. Pull the brake light switch power plug off the switch under the dash and use a multi meter to see if any of the wires have 12V power. If you don't have or know how to use a multimeter, you should take it to a shop or a mechanic friend.

It could also be the turn signal level, since brake light circuitry runs through that, or possibly cruise control components as well.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"I've seen much of the world... It is brutal, and cruel, and dark."
Old 07-29-2004, 08:08 AM #5
knucklebone04

The odd thing is that I had a very similar problem in the front where the corner lamp would light when the driving and night lights were on, but would not blink for the turn signal. They had to replace a wiring harness.

Is there a chance these two are related / similar or is it probably just a coincidence?