Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-15-2002, 12:41 AM #1
Mad kiwi

has been a member for 10 years
Mayhem and Firestorm Info

Hello guys and gals, and those not sure
My name is leon Styles, Owner of PGI
I have been reading this forum with intrest and now wish to comment on several issues. Re the Mayhem, a few of you comment on the slow rate of fire and some chopping of paint, the Mayhem shoots 8balls per sec, and Auto Cocker with swing trigger only shoots 9 balls max, Closed bolt , unless force fed will NEVER run over 9balls pes sec, is is mathmaticly impossible, you can dry fire it fast but try to run paint through it, re the paint breakage never let the loader run out of paint, the bolt cycles back for 80 ms before closing, it needs the weight of several balls in the power feed to force the balls down,use it on side feed with a really good loader and you will NEVER break paint, I just tested a mayhem sent to us by a customer claiming to be breaking lots of paint, I shot 3000 rounds through it, It broke 1 ball in the barrel and as I let the loader run out of paint it broke that one

If you want to see how fast the Firestorm is go to our webb site, and down load the video of it shooting on full auto, 12bps and watch and see the paint fly
Leon Styles
Mad kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-15-2002, 09:54 AM #2
BK sr

BK sr is a Supporting Member
Welcome on board Leon Mike said he wasnt going to read anymore post so its nice to have somebody else around. thanks for stopping by with the info. Ill probably move it to the sticky after everyone reads it.
BK sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 08:56 PM #3
sniper1rfa
I am the method of mayhem

80 ms?

if you can, up it to 85 and get rid of some time in between shots. that should help with chopping, of which i can testify seems to happen alot. you could probably bring it up to 90-100 ms if you only had maybe 2-3 ms in between cycles. i doubt it would chop at all then

anyway, welcome to the board. BTW, where did you come up with your screen name, my friends is Mad_Onion. lol

p.s. please dont read my sig...

Last edited by sniper1rfa : 02-15-2002 at 09:00 PM.
sniper1rfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 10:56 PM #4
Schaden
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Re: Mayhem and Firestorm Info

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad kiwi
Hello guys and gals, and those not sure
My name is leon Styles, Owner of PGI
I have been reading this forum with intrest and now wish to comment on several issues. Re the Mayhem, a few of you comment on the slow rate of fire and some chopping of paint, the Mayhem shoots 8balls per sec, and Auto Cocker with swing trigger only shoots 9 balls max, Closed bolt , unless force fed will NEVER run over 9balls pes sec, is is mathmaticly impossible, you can dry fire it fast but try to run paint through it, re the paint breakage never let the loader run out of paint, the bolt cycles back for 80 ms before closing, it needs the weight of several balls in the power feed to force the balls down,use it on side feed with a really good loader and you will NEVER break paint, I just tested a mayhem sent to us by a customer claiming to be breaking lots of paint, I shot 3000 rounds through it, It broke 1 ball in the barrel and as I let the loader run out of paint it broke that one

If you want to see how fast the Firestorm is go to our webb site, and down load the video of it shooting on full auto, 12bps and watch and see the paint fly
Leon Styles
so I should stop using center feed?

That sounds good and all but that means I have to change feed tubes and last time I tried I couldn't unscrew the damn thing. Maybe I'll try it with my hopper in it for some leverage.
Mayhem ET v2 #00057, currently at left feed, aluminium foregrip, Lapco Aluminium Autospirit, J&J Ceramic 12 Inch, Dye stickies black, Ricochet 2K hopper, Crossfire 68 CI 4.5K 450 psi pre-set, Extreme Rage 4 harness

Next on the list: New PGI trigger frame and new chip.
Schaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 09:30 AM #5
sniper1rfa

stick an allen wrench through the vent holes...

worked for me, now it just on finger tight.
Old 02-17-2002, 06:16 PM #6
Mad kiwi

Timing on the mayhem

hello, mates, thanks for the input, we are developing a double trigger for it, the one seen on the firestorm is the one we will use, I want to know how you are changing your timing?? what board do you use, I would like to see it and try it if possible, I will meke it worth your while
Leon Styles
Old 02-17-2002, 07:47 PM #7
paintball sycho

i believe he is using a morlock board from km2 http://www.exarin.com/ is the website.

BioHazard, AA Armageddon

Discussion on anything autococking from sniper to MQ: www.CustomCockers.com
paintball sycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 09:17 PM #8
paintball sycho

With how small that board is i would think it would fit.where is the stock board and how much smaller is it?did you ever think of using a litium 9 volt.the ones like watch batterys?

BioHazard, AA Armageddon

Discussion on anything autococking from sniper to MQ: www.CustomCockers.com
paintball sycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2002, 09:33 PM #9
sniper1rfa

well, the stock board is mounted horizontalley, with its edges towards the grips. it about 1.5 x 1 cm. it is silly how small the thing is. the only real cavity in the grip frame is the size of the battery + connector.
no room for mods...
Old 02-18-2002, 09:44 AM #10
moto17

Mad Kiwi,

As a Mayhem V2 owner my biggest hope, is that you guys will develop a proper electronic board for this gun. The board is the weakest link, and i hope that delepong a functional board would be at the top of the list for your company. A board with the different rates of fire would be even more NICE

I think most Mayhem owners would be ready to purchase this definate "HOP UP" so i think you would be able to make a bit of money off these mods anyways.

Is this something your company will be able to do i the very near future or should we as customers be looking to companys like Keenasaw markers for these mods?
Hybrid Ram Cap
moto17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 09:36 PM #11
Mad kiwi

Up grade boards

why yes, we are making the firestorm grip available, the onty difference will be the chip, not the board, so the Mayhem and Firestorm will have the same board, different chip, actually trying the new chip this weekend double grip will cost $100
Leon, I will post as soon as board works how I want it, the programer is driving me nuts
Old 02-18-2002, 09:48 PM #12
moto17

That is great to hear!

When you mention chip and board what exactly are you refering to?

ALso where and when will we be able to purchase this?
Hybrid Ram Cap
Old 02-18-2002, 09:56 PM #13
sniper1rfa

he is refferring to the actual controller chip (the processor/harddrive if you will). the board is the big green part the little black chip is ON.

Quote:
the programer is driving me nuts
i thought so...
Old 02-18-2002, 10:04 PM #14
moto17

oh right,

So does that mean the chip for the mayhem will not have the different firing modes that the firestorm has? I really hope it will have auto and burst and so on....
That is so awsome to hear i am pumped to hop up my marker now and lay down some serious paint!!!!!!
Hybrid Ram Cap
Old 02-21-2002, 05:53 PM #15
Mad kiwi

Upgrade board for the Mayhem:)

We are working on the upgrade now. should have it ready in 2-4 weeks, the grip is the same as on the Firestorm , it is fully adjustalble (the trigger) the board will be much faster, although remember being closed bolt it will never shoot as fast as an Angel. it will NOT be select fire as they are banned by insurance companies and I don,t want to get sued
I need someone to help with the timing Codes, any one able to help?? we will make it worth your while
Leon
Old 02-21-2002, 07:31 PM #16
sniper1rfa

ill help...

i am teaching myself how to program and am very far along (farther than i need to be for paintball progs). email me at sniper1rfa@hotmail.com or we can do it here. whatever your preference is.
besides, i have already figured out the best timing and know how to put it into the program.
Old 03-04-2002, 06:34 PM #17
sniper1rfa

update...

the double firing and constantly shooting after the trigger is pulled has been fixed, there was the "bug" (kinda) i had expected in the program. i will edit this post when the timing is updated, it will provide faster firing and less chopping.
Old 03-04-2002, 10:39 PM #18
MaverickMS

Another bug

Since you guys are going to fix the chip and all I just wondering if you were gona fix the battery bug. The one where the battery gets drained if you dont remove it. Another sugestion I have is to make the wires from the battery to the board more sturdy because it easily came off in my mayhem. Just some suggestions to make the mayhem better.
MaverickMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:54 PM #19
sniper1rfa

thats not a bug. all guns will do this. i believe an on/off switch will be incorperated nto the new frames, but im not sure. the reason it does that is because for the program to work, it has to check the trigger pin to see if it goes high (on). it does this roughly 3-4000 times a second (3-4 kHz). that takes power, not much, but some. you should be able to leave it in for maybe a month then go play a day befoe it goes dead.
Old 05-09-2002, 12:30 AM #20
BushMaster

hey mad kiwi, the video doesnt work, can you e-mail it to me or give me another link?
Old 05-28-2002, 05:56 PM #21
M_Laver

Mayhem V1 board?

does the v1 even have a board in it?
M_Laver is offline   Reply With Quote