Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-18-2001, 08:48 PM #1
chrisdafu
~The Garbage Men~

has been a member for 10 years
Question Best gun for a back player

Ok I just got a job and was wondering what gun would be best for a back player like me. These are the choices: Bushmaster 2k or 2k2, Autococker, Tribal, or Impulse?? I like the Bushy's because there automatic(that way I can throw a lot of paint quick to cover the front players), Autococker(easily upgradeable and I've heard they shoot nice), Tribal(same as Bushy but the company went out of buisness so no warrenty and not a lot of upgrades), or Impulse(trigger is light and I heard they have good coustmer service). Ok if your gonna post please dont put something like "Try out all of the guns and pick which one fells best" because I'm looking for people who own these guns and maybe play back and there opinions are greatly apprecitated(sp?)
Chris
Advertisement
Old 06-18-2001, 08:56 PM #2
SuPrPaInTxTasy
BLAZE

Try them all and see which one you like best. j/k. Nah, Cockers have awesome range and accuracy, nothing beats them. But if you want even better range on a cocker, get a Flatline cocker. Im not sure where you could get one but if you find one, get it. Later.

~Team Blaze~

Hektor
Old 06-18-2001, 09:04 PM #3
bloodhawk
this hurts

up
get a cocker and customize it i wouldn't get the flatline b/c i just don't think they would do anygood
go for the cocker b/c of the range and very customizable
Old 06-18-2001, 09:16 PM #4
ToiletSiphon

Don't buy a tribal! They always break and you can't have them repaired because the company is out of buisness.

Bushmaster: You can't use full auto in tournaments, only semi auto is allowed

You should consider the shocker. It's THE gun for a back player, you get the accuracy and EFFECTIVE RANGE (no gun shoots farther, except the flatline, ok!) of a cocker, but you have a higher rate of fire because of the electronic trigger. Also, it never breaks paint. The only problem is they are gas hog, so you will need a very big nitro tank (or co2 bottle, co2 works well in shockers).
Old 06-18-2001, 10:22 PM #5
Spyder SKS
Anti-M&M Forces Commander

for a shoebox, i mean a shocker, a 20 oz antisiphon co2 is the way to go. I suggest the cocker or bushy. Imps are good but Ive have never like SP that much. If I have my way I will be getting a cocker electro frame and then my cocker chromed or re-anoed (dont like the colors, its too dark) and then Im going to get a timmy.

RIPPER COCKER FOR SALE. JUST $325
Old 06-18-2001, 10:49 PM #6
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
Quote:
Originally posted by SuPrPaInTxTasy
Cockers have awesome range and accuracy, nothing beats them
Any two guns can have equal range and accuracy. With any of the guns that he listed they will all have the same accuracy and range. You just need the right parts and to do the right things.
Old 06-18-2001, 11:00 PM #7
chrisdafu
~The Garbage Men~

Ok cockerman thanks for posting relavent things in my thread.
I posted this so I could see my new avatar I love it
Old 06-18-2001, 11:00 PM #8
CockerMan86

Tribal
Don't reccomend because, as said before, you can't do anything about the gun once you get it, company is out of buisness.
BM2K/2K2
I like the bushmasters, but when deciding which gun to get, I steered clear of this one because there aren't very many upgrades for it. If you do want a bushmaster, I suggest the Eclipse, that is a pimp gun.
Impulse
This is a nice gun and it was a 50/50 between this and a cocker. If you go to the right places then you can get this gun totally pimped out. The plusses of this gun is that it comes with a max-flow reg, which you can mount vertical. Then you can get an anti-chop eye, and you can get a new board(different modes of fire). With all of these upgrades you will be able to dump paint and never chop.
Cocker
I am biased to this gun. I like it because once you get used to it you can shoot equally as fast as any other gun. It is highly upgradeable, and frankly they just look good. Plus there are all kinds of new upgrades coming out, pivoting triggers/electronic triggers.

In the long run any of these guns will make you happy. Just get whichever one you like the looks of the most.
Old 06-18-2001, 11:01 PM #9
CockerMan86

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisdafu
Ok cockerman thanks for posting relavent things in my thread.
I posted this so I could see my new avatar I love it
Hey it is relavant, I'm letting you know something. Plus if you noticed I just did post a whole long thing.
Old 06-18-2001, 11:20 PM #10
Python14
Ok, I'll throw in my 2 cents on the current situation. I may be a tape runner but I know markers and I can help.

Bushmaster Nice piece of machinery. Very consistant, with a good paint-barrel match that is. Nice trigger as well. This is, quite speakingly, a very good back-players gun. Only drawback is it's speed. It will go-thru paint like Rosie o'Donnell thru a twinky.
Impulse I really like this gun. High ROF, lite weight(not that it matters to a back player). Like the Bushy, it is very well tuned stock. Only real upgrades needed are a vert. Maxflo and new barrel. And with it's price, it's wonderful .
Autococker I don't need to explain this one. It is a legend. Overall high-performance. Just ask the Ironmen.
Shocker This is IMO, one of the best electros around. If not the best. Like the Imp and Bushy, it is hot stock. Very little needs to be upgraded. Some complain of it's size but for a back-player that can be an advantage. It is a more stable platform to shoot from.
Ok, I'm off my soapbox. I'll go now.

Old 06-19-2001, 12:29 AM #11
chrisdafu
~The Garbage Men~

THANKS

Ok thanks everyone, right now I am leaning towards the Impulse, and would like more info on it. Oh and btw whats a vert maxflow?
Old 06-19-2001, 12:44 AM #12
CockerMan86

You mount the maxflo regulator verticle. Then you can use it as a foregrip and still use an adjustable tank. With an impulse you can only use a screw in tank unless you mount your max-flo verticle. I'm pretty sure werm has the verticle mount : here
Old 06-19-2001, 01:05 AM #13
Zeke

I can tell you this right now, the angel isn't the best of guns to use in the back. I own a 2k LCD and i can dump so much paint. But, not that accurate. If you get the right upgrades, it would be pretty good. Adding on a Boomstick helped improve my accuracy. For back players, I would say Shocker.
Old 06-19-2001, 07:26 AM #14
Python14
Good choice Chrisdafu. The Impulse is really making a name for itself now due to it's overall high quality and performance. I have used them before and will use them again and can tell you that it is probably the best gun for the money anywhere. Just one tip though, alot of people might recommend HPA or N2, this is one of the few times I'm going to say NO. While HPA is generally speaking, more consistant, the MaxFlo does wonders with CO2 and you will experience little to no velocity fluctuations, even in the dead of winter. An upside to this is that it is Cheap and more efficient. Good luck.

Old 06-19-2001, 08:32 AM #15
ToiletSiphon

If you want an impulse, I'm sure you can't go wrong with the ultimate impulse package. In this package, you get the vision impulse (with the anti-chop eye), a all-american barrel (instead of the progressive barrel) and a maxflow 4500 68ci air system. You can get it for 850$ at www.e-paintballoutlet.com Everyone who bought their impulses there were very happy with the service.
For 850$, it's a great deal. You have a 600$ vision impulse, a 80$ barrel, and a 350$ air system. It's really worth the money and performs great.
Old 06-19-2001, 10:52 AM #16
chrisdafu
~The Garbage Men~

Can you buy the gun with the regulater already in the vertical position? And if so can I use a adjustable tank?
Old 06-19-2001, 11:07 AM #17
chrisdafu
~The Garbage Men~

Ok never mind that last post I found that at e-paintballoutlet you can buy them with it already installed, but can you use a adjustable tank with the gun right out of the box???
Old 06-19-2001, 02:10 PM #18
CockerMan86

chrisdafu-
You can only use an adjustable tank if you buy a verticle max-flo.
Old 06-19-2001, 03:09 PM #19
chrisdafu
~The Garbage Men~

C02

Next Q
If I mount the max flow verticaly can I still use c02 because I am thinking about using the SP 68 ci c02 tank.
Old 06-19-2001, 03:12 PM #20
ToiletSiphon

Yes you can
But don't forget to use an antisiphon

And forget the 68ci, it's a waste of money. You can't fill it with more than 24 oz. Buy a 20 oz instead, you will get 1100-1200 shots, it's really enough
Old 06-19-2001, 04:57 PM #21
CockerMan86

Moe21-
Way to show your immaturity