wich setup? - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-14-2002, 09:43 PM #1
superpimps's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto, Canada
 has been a member for 10 years
wich setup?

ok,,im getting an excal(in the mail)..the waiting is killing me....anyways.
I now have a 68/3k agd flatline and im wondering what would give the best overall performance ie. weight, consistancy...
so,keep my tank i have now or trade it and get a 45/45 crossfire screw in? i also have a thor if that changes anything...

whats your opinion stick with the flatline or go with the screw in...

thanks in advance for takeing the time to help me out....

Last edited by superpimps : 02-14-2002 at 09:45 PM.
superpimps is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Old 02-15-2002, 09:04 AM #2
PbN's G-Daddy
Auctionjunkie!'s Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Brownsburg, IN
Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
I prefer the screw-ins. That way your gun isn't dependant on one tank. What happens if a bit of dirt gets into your fill nipple and causes it to leak? Gun down! With a screw-in you would just put another tank on the gun and be ready for the next game.

Auctionjunkie! is offline  
Old 02-15-2002, 10:18 AM #3
Oldest AKA GunWhore
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Florida
Wizardry is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
I agree on using the screw in type. Besides versatility there is the cost factor and no difference in performance.

A few years ago regulators were not very good so the tank manufacturers made adjustable tanks. They also charged out the rear end for a tank with regulated air on them. As of today, there are numerous great regulators so you don't need a regulator on the tank.

For example, you can go out and get a regulated tank for $350-$450 depending on the brand name (68 ci/4500). If you buy a screw in tank and a regulator a lot cheaper than buying the adjustable tank. You can get a Crossfire tank for $169.00 and a great regulator for $85.00 (Sidewinder). Big difference in cost.

Hope this helps.

Wizardry is offline  
Old 02-15-2002, 06:18 PM #4
Join Date: Jun 2001
 has been a member for 10 years
even screw-in tanks have a regulator. This is what brings the pressure down from 3000 (4500) psi to 800 psi. Adjustable tanks just have an adjustable reg on them and are usually of better quality (last longer, more consistant, etc)
Gildon92 is offline  

Posting Rules
Forum Jump