PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-18-2001, 07:53 PM #1
AndrewH

has been a member for 10 years
How do I polish scratched inside of chrome barrel?

I bought a 14" chrome CP barrel. I thought I was getting a good deal, but the inside was scratched to hell. Medium paint won't even push through it becasue it rubs so much, I have to use loose fitting small bore paint, which is not the best situation for accuracy. I don't have a clue how the inside could be so scratched, mabey he shot dirty paint through it, but the scratches do go in the direction that a paintball would. Is there a special polish I could use that would take the scratches out(some are light, some are deep)? If there is, what is the brand and how do I apply it? Does it work good? Any coments would be appreciated.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2001, 10:25 AM #2
TiGs

Return it. I know in the old days some pro shops would hone the barrel for you, but they were brass barrels.
Old 06-19-2001, 03:11 PM #3
CockerMan86

CockerMan86 is a founding member
TiGs-
I think he bought it used, and I doubt the person who sold it to him will take it back, since he lied when he sold it.

AndrewH-
I don't know how to polish it but if you do, you will make it a larger bore. If you want to take out the scratches, you will have to sand down all the way to the deepest scratch. This could result in a huge bore. Making the barrel useless.
Old 06-19-2001, 07:35 PM #4
AndrewH

yeah, I'm not going to try to return it. I don't mind making the barrel a larger bore, even if it does become large bore, it'd still be more accurate with medium balls than it is right now. So you guys are telling me that there is no way to do this? I'm pretty sure there is so if anyone knows how plz let me know.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:43 PM #5
sorisko

Try this...

http://www.stinggroup.addr.com/cotner/polishing.html

Taken from STING <- See Stingray Owners are smart
Old 06-25-2001, 12:04 AM #6
Aaron-Legion-5

What I did to my sona old Spyer barrel was get a small wooden dowel longer then the barrel and tape a peice og steel wool on the end the I gooped polishing compound on it and put it in a hand drill just run it back and forth till it looks better just use alot of polish. worked fine for me
10" Boomstick
11" TI Boomstick