Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-23-2004, 11:50 PM #1
xxxpaintballa69
oh snacks

has been a member for 10 years
300 zx....good?

ive been lookin around for a car since i will be gettin my liscense in a couple months and looked at some 300 zx's
what do you guys think of them? good for beginner? easy to upgrade? just gimme your thoughts and input

"shut up before i punch u in the back of the face"
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2004, 12:13 AM #2
F1VENOM

What year/chassis? TT or non? They can be strange to drive with the HICAS AWS on the Z32 TT's but overall big power has been put out by the VG35DE and VG35DETT. They're heavy but well built.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 07-24-2004, 12:14 AM #3
pntbllrmrc

i have always wanted a 300TT and i was gonna get one, but my parents would only cosign if i got a new car...
Old 07-24-2004, 05:55 AM #4
NinjaGUnna

NinjaGUnna has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My friend had a TT and it was sick... i think the upgrades may be a little pricey but I am not really sure.

How much cash are you looking to spend on a car?
Old 07-24-2004, 03:43 PM #5
g0ose

the upkeep is very expensive
Old 07-24-2004, 04:37 PM #6
QuickSilvia
Turbo time

QuickSilvia owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
horrible first car. you'll crash and die. and they suck horribley i n the show

F/S XBox 360 w/ HD $75 shipped
aim= qu1cksilv1a
email: quicksilvia at gmail.com
"Originally posted by PBallCentralDrapehs
quick silva omg that was so good, will you come live in my closet thanks.<3 "
Old 07-24-2004, 06:49 PM #7
xxxpaintballa69
oh snacks

i found a 1990 tt how is that?

"shut up before i punch u in the back of the face"
Old 07-24-2004, 09:33 PM #8
F1VENOM

That's going to be weird to drive at first because it's heavy and has HICAS AWS but if you can already drive and can get it for cheap without insurance killing you. Go for it.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 07-25-2004, 12:41 AM #9
Anarchist Chyld
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by F1VENOM
VG35DE and VG35DETT.
VG30DE and VG30DETT

Not trying to be a dick.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:00 AM #10
F1VENOM

Oh nice burn on that one. I'm getting all confused now with the sorry *** VQ35DE and the nice VG30DE. Nice catch.
Old 07-30-2004, 07:25 PM #11
Syncade
--Drifter--

Syncade is a founding member
Being a 300zx owner, id say do not get one for your first car. They are amazing machines and very solid, but they are very expensive to have worked on, and the aftermarket is very pricey too.

Up to just about 5 months ago, a FULL NA (tb to filter) intake assembly was about 300 bucks. Exhausts run no less than 550 dollers, and well, do some research.

Im comparing to your normal ricers and such. Of course 300s dont cost much more than VR4s or FDs to work on.

And people who are saying that HICAS will be tricky to drive with, believe me, that is the least of your worries. Having an extremely heavy and moderatly stock horsepowerd automobile will ALWAYS surprize you when its rear comes around on a turn. I doubt anybody here would notice when the HICAS is moving your rear wheels the tiny amount that it does.

I think youd be happy with an NA. But as we said, they are expensive cars. Fun though
Old 07-30-2004, 11:11 PM #12
Pyropaintballer9
89SupraTurbo

most likely to expensive for first car, yes very easily upgradable, the are VERY heavy, and no not good for begginner, jus my 2cents

PBN Feedback-http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=363702

PRB Feedback- http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183456

Ebay Feedback- http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...2005nickw&iid=