PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 09-29-2004, 07:20 PM #1
angel_baller101

has been a member for 10 years
Help Me WITH MY SLIDEING

I play at on top paintball in New Jersey. i love it there but i have one problem i can't slide. I want to learn how to slide into bunkers... BUT the feild is not grass its covered in Woodchips and the one time i tryed to slide into the snake i got my hopper and gun covered in chips and by the time i cleaned all che chips off the end of my barrell to shoot it was tooo late. i need help slideing into bunkers when the feild is covered in woodchips. Poast here plz.
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2004, 07:23 PM #2
Tayla 2

um...dont slide?
Old 09-29-2004, 07:24 PM #3
rumbleman

different feild... whoever covered the feild in woodchips was stupid...
Old 09-29-2004, 07:24 PM #4
LegitKid

woodchips + paintball= not cool

GET IN STEP

FEEDBACK
Old 09-29-2004, 07:25 PM #5
WDPDude

i played there before, the woodchips arent bad, just when you slide keep your gun off the ground
Old 09-30-2004, 10:54 PM #6
JakAHearts

JakAHearts is a Supporting Member
Wear knee pads, go practice...
Old 10-01-2004, 11:12 AM #7
HERO33

slide on your back
Old 10-01-2004, 11:19 PM #8
jonny_333
^WIPES^

yea get some sorta pads to slide with...and stop bs'ing him he needs some advice, lol
Sweatbands
Old 10-02-2004, 10:55 AM #9
NyLightning77

sliding is a VERY difficult skill to translate through writing. i suggest you find a VERY good baller at the field you go to. remember, someone who really IS good, not just someone who THINKS they are good......i suggest you ask one of the refs or field staff members, they should be able to suggest someone who is qualified to teach you the RIGHT way to slide into a bunker.

just to TRY to help you online, here i go. there are TWO ways to slide in paintball. the superman, and the baseball slide. here's an explanation of both.

superman: this slide is meant for tape runners. remember, in a superman slide the entire lenth of your body is exposed, so you can really only use them for bunkers where you can afford to have portions of your body exposed for a second or so. for example, if you superman into a dorito in a tape line. more often than not the paint is going to be coming from the inside of the bunker, so its more important to get past that paint, than to have a small portion of your body exposed to the outside lanes. supermans are also perfect for a vertical laydown like a snake, where none of your body will be exposed during the slide.

how-to: you run as fst as you can...velocity is key to a good slide. right before you slide you want to make sure you are as low as you can get to the ground to make the impact less. a few feet before the bunker (depending on how slick the surface is) you essentially throw all your weight and momentum into a foward slide on the OUTSIDE of your forearms (with your gun up, instead of down....put your palm out, then grasp your gun....that is how you position your gun during the slide). you do NOT try to land on your stomach...that is a way to get hurt. the primary impact of the slide is on your forearms, then on your thighs and knees. then as you get into the bunker, use your forearms to push your weight up onto your knees which will get you into a kneeling position. the key is to get onto your knees with your chest essentially touching your thighs, this way you will be on your knees and be able to snap up or out, but at the same time you will be as low as possible so that you cannot get picked off over the top of the snake/bunker.

baseball: this slide is used for bunkers that you are moving into horizontally or diagonnally. this slide allows you to quickly pop up and shoot your opponents as quickly as possible. this slide is essential for corner runners and 40 bunker runners.

HOW-TO: if you want to know how to baseball slide, just watch any baseball game, that is how you do it. you are sliding on the SIDE of your leg and @ss. with your body at a 45% angle with your legs. the legs slid on depends on whether you are going to a left or right bunker. for this how-to, we will describe it as if you were running to a right corner bunker. momentum is VERY VERY important for a baseball slide. more so even than a superman slide, cause not only do you need to momentum to get your body to slide, but you ALSO need the momentum to get your body into a standing position after you slide. you run to the bunker directly, try to remember to keep your eyes on the keyers so you know where the stream is. a few feet before the bunker (depending on how slick the surface is.) you are going to throw all your momentum into a slide on the side of your left leg and butt, while keeping your body at a 45% ANGLE to your legs. remember to keep your right leg IN the air over your left leg....it is important to keep your right foot off the ground or it will essentially dig into the ground and stop the slide. once you are behind the bunker is when your right foot comes into play. you essentially want to use your right foot/leg as a pole vault pole. you dig your right foot into the ground (cleats are essntiall, track cleats with spikes for astro-turf surfaces) and use the momentums of the slide to vault you up into a standing position which will allow you to quickly put some fire down on opponents, and in the case of a corner runner, will allow you to take advantage of your mirrors overslide by blasting them before they can get back in the bunker. please remember, it will take ALOT of practice before all the elements of a baseball slide come together to perfection. just keep practicing until everything is done in the proper sequence without under or oversliding.

hope this helps guys
Old 10-03-2004, 09:46 AM #10
JakAHearts

Also, another good way to slide is on both knees, upright, with your marker up. Go practice while youre not playing so it becomes second nature. Took me lots of practice juts to keep my eyes and head up off the break, let alone shoot while im sliding home. Makes for a great skill though
Old 10-03-2004, 06:10 PM #11
NyLightning77

Quote:
Originally posted by JakAHearts
Also, another good way to slide is on both knees, upright, with your marker up. Go practice while youre not playing so it becomes second nature. Took me lots of practice juts to keep my eyes and head up off the break, let alone shoot while im sliding home. Makes for a great skill though
complete newbie move.

NEVER slide like that, it completely incapacitates you. makes it impossible for you to get up easily, and move quickly after the slide if need be. you should NEVER be on both knees on the pb field unless absolutely neccesary.
Old 10-03-2004, 07:12 PM #12
b-town boomer

b-town boomer is a Supporting Member
dude...being on both knees is best for snapshooting...

but trying to slide on both knees is very dangerous as you can tear something if done wrong...don't try this slide...just go with the baseball and superman

basically if you've played baseball then you should know how to superman and baseball slide...and nylightning77 it's fine to land on your stomach, but you want to be perfectly level so that your weight is balanced across all your body and you 1) slide farther and 2) less painfull
Old 10-03-2004, 11:52 PM #13
JakAHearts

Well, to each his own style. I dont snapshoot on both knees, nor do i stay like that for any more than a split second, but its a good way to slide into a bunker when needing to shoot. There really isnt any other way i can think of that its possible....

Anywho, who cares, works for me...
Old 10-04-2004, 06:23 PM #14
yonickdude
Wii Golf(PRO)

yonickdude is a Supporting Member
yonickdude helped look for balloons
yeah, same here i play ar fireball, kindo of phyically impossible to slide that good on woodchips.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:39 PM #15
GoBsToPpEr
I KILL FOR DERDER

Quote:
Originally posted by JakAHearts
Well, to each his own style. I dont snapshoot on both knees, nor do i stay like that for any more than a split second, but its a good way to slide into a bunker when needing to shoot. There really isnt any other way i can think of that its possible....

Anywho, who cares, works for me...
Your not right im sorry. Being on one knee transitions your weight nicely to whichever side of your bunker you come out of. Listen to Lightning77 hes a sick a sick baller form 7 below and knows his stuff. If you try what he tells you believe me itll make you better. Its sure made me better.
NYX Fan Club Member #245
Long Island Paintball
Check out the new, top secret underground HK Army / Hostile Kids forum on PbNation! (Click Here)
Old 10-06-2004, 08:40 PM #16
Afromaster

I play weekly on a woodchip field, the only difference I have found between a nice grass field and woodchips is, it slows the game down a little. When I slide on woodchips I start to slide later then it would have been on grass, of course being 6 3 210lbs I choose the baseball slide. I occaisionally superman into the snake, but on woodchips you risk getting cut up a little.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:24 AM #17
Brianppp (Banned)
Banned

Brianppp is a Supporting Member
play with really short shorts and slide on the sharpest chips you can find, that way you can build up super-human immunities to the woodchips
Old 10-08-2004, 03:07 AM #18
eatbutt

^^^^^^^^^^exatly

just like when you shoot yourselfe in the face a bunch of times, you build an imunity to gunpowedr, and iron... then when you get in a "gang fight" you will be unstoppable
-Custom PVC Tape paint-job
-Plastic toy gun stock taped on
-Custom tape/paper co2 holder
-E-Tron 130 spinloader hopper
-6'' PVC verticle handle on cock