Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-24-2004, 05:48 PM #85
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by JFpaintmonkey
This statement makes you, sir, an idiot. From the months of August 2003- May 2004, over one million new jobs were created- 300,000 in March alone.

Now as for all you "there never were any WMDS"-spouting saps, did anyone pay attention when two truckloads full of chemical weapons were comfiscated in Jordan headed from Iraq a couple months ago?

Also the "there already were weapons inspectors in the country for years" argument craps out as well, because each time they'd hit a site, the Iraqis had an average of two hours' warning to hightail WMD evidence out the back door and get it safely hundreds of miles away. Sadam had plenty of desert in which to hide his weapons.

And if you think he DIDN'T have him, you really need to reevaluate the situation and think about this for a sec: Before the war, he had twenty palaces, two sons, and billions of dollars, not to mention an army at his command. Why would he refuse to the very end, at the cost of his sons life and all of his former possessions if he had absolutely nothing to hide?

Oh yeah... not to mention the fact that he DID have them and used them on some of his own people.
Key word, had. He HAD them. Obiviously, now he doesn't. I find it quaint that some people still hang on to the notion that sadam had nukes and chemical weapons even though the administration admits to not finding any.

Also, I looked up that little truck reference and after baout 10 searches have come up with nothing. Entries tried: trucks joran iraq weapons, trucks jordan iraq WMD, trucks jordan iraq chemical, trucks iraq weapon, etc. I wounldn't mind if you posted as nonbiased a link as possible.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-24-2004, 06:50 PM #86
lag_13

bush cheney '04, im thinking of putting those signs
all over the democrat headquarters in our town
14" Dust Black Cp 2 piece
Gta Double Trigger
~~~~~~~~~~~
Angel Speed Fund $402/$845
Old 07-24-2004, 10:52 PM #87
zack

Quote:
Originally posted by atticus_finch
They do.

but just because the CIA failed doesnt mean he lied. It just means that the CIA messed up while he was in control so it will (and should) make him look bad. I just cant stand people assuming that he knowingly lied to the entire world.
Oh god no, he didn't lie. He did, however, **** up. It is his fault and his failure.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:41 PM #88
Azzkicka (Banned)

bush was given the same intelligence from the cia, british intelligence, and russian intelligence. i think any other person (whos country was just attacked) would have reacted to that also

btw, sadam did kick out the weapons inspectors

Last edited by Azzkicka : 07-24-2004 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:46 PM #89
zack

Quote:
Originally posted by Azzkicka
bush was givent the same intelligence from the cia, british intelligence, and russian intelligence. i think any other person (whos country was just attacked) would have reacted to that also

btw, sadam did kick out the weapons inspectors
Wait wait....You, me and Jim are standing in a room. You punch me in the face. A fourth guy comes in and tells me Jim (who is sitting quietly in the corner) has a knife. Do I A. knock your teeth down your throat or B. run over and kick Jim until he dies?
Old 07-24-2004, 11:50 PM #90
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
Originally posted by zack
Wait wait....You, me and Jim are standing in a room. You punch me in the face. A fourth guy comes in and tells me Jim (who is sitting quietly in the corner) has a knife. Do I A. knock your teeth down your throat or B. run over and kick Jim until he dies?
i have no i idea what your talking about, whos jim?
Old 07-24-2004, 11:52 PM #91
zack

Jim is Iraq, you are Al Quaeda. Try to keep up, I'm tired and in a bad mood. Don't expect me to make much sense.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:57 PM #92
Azzkicka (Banned)

ic, well.... if jim has a record of carrying weapons and using them against people, i would most likely pull out a weapon and shoot/slice jim( if you have a weapon) and then kick my teeth out(azzkicka's) or shoot/slice me and if possible do both at the same time
Old 07-24-2004, 11:58 PM #93
zack

Even though Jim had never harmed me? Do you walk around beating up ex-cons?
Old 07-25-2004, 12:04 AM #94
Azzkicka (Banned)

but jim has harmed you when you were at war with each other 10 yrs ago and after that war he was told by the police that he couldnt have any weapons and he had to be frisked at the door for weapons, but then jim decides that he doesnt want to be frisked and stops letting people check him for weapons, then 2 more people come in the room and tell you that jim has a knife and possibly a gun and you already know that jim hates you and wants you dead, plus you know that jim has been hanging out with me the past couple years (who also hates your guts)
i personally wouldnt wait until he tryed to hurt me after 3 people told me he had a weapon...
Old 07-25-2004, 12:09 AM #95
zack

I repeat, do you walk around beating up ex-cons?

And I think you've proved that my "Jim" analogy doesn't work....
You can't get bogged down in Jim's corpse and have your plastic army men blown up....

Long story short: we've gained nothing from this war. We have become distracted from the REAL war on terror, we've gotten bogged down and our soldiers are being killed and wounded by the hundreds, no one has been freed or liberated, we are spending HUGE amounts of money and we have found no weapons of mass destruction. (not that finding them would justify the war in the first place)
Old 07-25-2004, 12:16 AM #96
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
our soldiers are being killed and wounded by the hundreds, no one has been freed or liberated,
ill agree that many of our soldiers have died, but they arent dieing by the hundreds. i dont wish death on many people but i would much rather our trained soldiers are dieing on a battlefield across the ocean than civilians dieing in the streets over here. im not saying that we should have gone to war now, im just saying that with the intellegence bush was given that we should have
so your saying that you wouldnt mind living under sadams rule? he was a kind dictator?
dont try to act like we havent done anything good over there. the world is deffenetly a safer place without sadam and many peoples lives have been spared with him being taken out (its impossible to tell how many, probably more than the number of soldiers lost, and many being women and children)
Old 07-25-2004, 12:24 AM #97
zack

900+ dead, several thousand wounded.
How is attacking Hussein preventing terrorism? All it's doing is distracting us from Al Quaeda.

Would I mind? Yes. But I'd prefer to live in an opressive peace than an all out civil war where people die at random, dozens at a time. Don't forget the Iraqi's we have killed on accident. In the long run, we havn't saved anyone.

And as I said, the blame falls on Bush. Just as, had they found weapons of mass destruction and foiled a nuclear weapon being set off on American soil, Bush would have taken the credit. So how can you say that you see the war as a bad idea now but that you still support Bush?
Old 07-25-2004, 12:30 AM #98
Azzkicka (Banned)

because i believe alot of good has come out of the war, also iraq had ties with al queda, the 9/11 report even says so(i cant remember what page, it might have been 66)
all i said was that i wished the reports of wmds had been correct(if they never do find wmds), not that i dont support the war
Old 07-25-2004, 12:33 AM #99
Azzkicka (Banned)

all this same stuff would have happened over the taliban had bush decided to attack them first, all the libs would be screeming that its not fare to them and that we are bullies and murdering innocents .... its a vicious cycle
Old 07-25-2004, 12:34 AM #100
zack

What good? Al Quaeda didn't likely have any ties. If they did they weren't terribly strong since Bin Laden declared Hussein an enemy...
They certainly have ties now since Al Quaeda can recruit freely and move in and out of the country at will...

So...why do you support this war again? I still don't get it. There hasn't been any good. We have a government that will collapse in a matter of weeks if we left, we have a body count that we can only guess at and we have more terrorism against Americans than ever before. You apparently missed the part of the 9/11 report stating that we are NOT safer....
Old 07-25-2004, 12:35 AM #101
zack

Quote:
Originally posted by Azzkicka
all this same stuff would have happened over the taliban had bush decided to attack them first, all the libs would be screeming that its not fare to them and that we are bullies and murdering innocents .... its a vicious cycle
Huh?
Old 07-25-2004, 12:45 AM #102
Azzkicka (Banned)

Quote:
You apparently missed the part of the 9/11 report stating that we are NOT safer....
that only meant that we need to take more precations, not that the iraq war was a failure.
i think we should have invaded after he violated the restrictions he was given after the gulf war so of course im going to support this war.
the other post i put was about all the protest over the iraq war. if bush would have struck first at al-queda then every one would think that hes an idiot because they didnt have any wmds or anyway to attack us from accross the ocean, it would be the same damn thing that we are seeing now, but no, hes an idiot because he didnt attack first. with all the liberal media its a lose lose situation for bush, thats why i watch fox news, "the non-biased, #1 rated news in cable television"

btw im ready to call a truce for the night, im way too tired to debate anylonger
Old 07-25-2004, 12:48 AM #103
zack

Oh my jesus....

I don't blame Bush for 9/11. And if you consider fox news unbiased.....good god....

Ya, true...sleep now...tired...
Old 07-25-2004, 12:47 PM #104
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

Quote:
Oh god no, he didn't lie. He did, however, **** up. It is his fault and his failure.
Quote:
Hundreds of americans and thousands of iraqis are dead because bush lied in an attempt to get relected. End of story.
does anyone else see a contradiction here?
Old 07-25-2004, 12:53 PM #105
atticus_finch
LANCE>CHE!!!!

Quote:
So how can you say that you see the war as a bad idea now but that you still support Bush?
i can say i still support bush because although he made a mistake, i think Kerry will make many many more. Especially his health care plan, we will become like Canada where if u need a hip replacement, you are on a waiting list for so long that you end up with not enough health to even get surgery.

Kerry isnt advocating total government control of health care, but its a step in that direction.