Anyone but bush including but not necisarrily hitler. 223 44.42%
Voters: 502. You may not vote on this poll

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-12-2004, 07:19 PM #1
antidirtylittlesmurf
2k2er

has been a member for 10 years
Offical 2004 election debate/discussion

Well with the 2004 election comming up, who will you vote for? why?

My family has always been republican, but with bushes actions I am thinking of going democratic, who do you think will win for democrats? dean or liberman?
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a family. Choose sitting on the couch, watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, being nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. But why would I want to do a thing like that? I choose not to choose life. I choose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Small Talk?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-12-2004, 07:21 PM #2
SonOfTheSouth
Suicide Messiah

Democrats can suck my cock

On the day old Curtis died, nobody came and prayed.
Ol' preacher said some words, and they chunked him in the grave.
Well, he lived a lifetime, playin' the black man's blues
And on the day he lost his life, that's all he had to lose
Old 01-12-2004, 07:21 PM #3
Psyke-O
JV UberGOON

Lieberman is the perennial bridesmaid. he keep runnin places, but getting nowhere. Dean, is a straight fool. i believe Clark will eventually pull his act together and win the Demo nod.

however, i will never vote for a DemocRat. not after dealing with Slick Willy in office for 8 years, and his **** of a wife for another 4 at minimum here in NY.

"Originally posted by TADA
and psyke-o lives up to the name... bringing up some good point i might add. "

"Originally posted by shokadiznog
hahahahaha psyke-0 you one crazy foo "
Old 01-12-2004, 07:22 PM #4
terry_wendel
I disagree!

Bush doesn't deserve the presidency again.

Libertarian.
Old 01-12-2004, 07:25 PM #5
Team_Arsenal
Captain America

BOB DOLE in 2004!!!!
*Throws stapler* "
"Originally posted by i h8 hippies
everyone was trying to imitate the stomping"
Old 01-12-2004, 07:26 PM #6
oldskoopimp1
XXX

Annual Supporting Member
oldskoopimp1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally posted by Team_Arsenal
BOB DOLE in 2004!!!!
is he even still alive????
Old 01-12-2004, 07:28 PM #7
Team_Arsenal
Captain America

maybe....
*Throws stapler* "
"Originally posted by i h8 hippies
everyone was trying to imitate the stomping"
Old 01-12-2004, 07:29 PM #8
Gorgon_Sed
Satanist Hamster

anyone except democrats should win

even that one presidential party that's name is the weed party or whatever.

its all good unless its democrats

grrrrr...democrats
Old 01-12-2004, 07:30 PM #9
oldskoopimp1
XXX

Annual Supporting Member
oldskoopimp1 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
i really dont think that old fool is still alive and if he is he must be 108
Old 01-12-2004, 07:35 PM #10
RaDaR L0vE
Banned

anyone,anything, everyone> democrats.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:10 PM #11
antidirtylittlesmurf
2k2er

But its going to be demo or rep, there is almost no way that a 3rd party will win unless the american public wakes up.

the democratic party has a bad rap just cause of its past, but slick willy did do a good job as far as compared to bush as a president
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a family. Choose sitting on the couch, watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, being nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. But why would I want to do a thing like that? I choose not to choose life. I choose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Small Talk?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:14 PM #12
Hellcat
Banned

if i was old enough to vote yet, my vote would go to Independant. of course, the majority of americans are too moronic to vote for who should run the country, and jsut blindly cast their votes.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:19 PM #13
zack

It occured to me that after gw we might have to have jeb...then were REALLY ****ed. Anyway, my vote would go to anyone but bush.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:20 PM #14
Gunslinger_Tiny
Fighter Not a Lover

Clyde Cleveland

http://www.lp.org/

GUNSLINGERS
We Know Paintball
Old 01-12-2004, 08:25 PM #15
slickguy55
Im cool.

Quote:
Originally posted by SonOfTheSouth
Democrats can suck my cock

GDT CLUB

REMEMBER 12/29/03 the day the greatest thread was killed.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:28 PM #16
zack

Any other year id say hell ya to that tiny but this year i think the most important thing is voting for who can beat bush (if anyone) and i just dont think the libertarian party can beat him. However if i was proved wrong i would be very happy.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:34 PM #17
vicioussrevenge
Shut up and hoot!

the dude with the huge ears and tons of money, he ran against clintion in 98 ross something..
Member #1
Chi Phi Gamma Theata
Old 01-12-2004, 09:11 PM #18
tuna

I hope that if any of you knew what you were talking about that you wouldn't vote for a republican...

they may be closer to the mark on the economic issues, but they're practically fascists when you're talking Social issues.

between the "patriot act", Bush illegalizing some forms of abortion, Bush wanting to put an ammendment to our constitution basically saying that "marriage is between 2 people of opposite sexes", his support of public funding for religious institutions, his support of school vouchers, his destruction of our environment, his unjustified war in Iraq, his idiotic economic policies, the $1 trillion deficit that he has caused, and his lying to the country- a lie that caused the death of over 460 Americans, it is plainly obvious to me that if anyone knew what they were talking about they would be repulsed by everything Republican.

And as far as this I'm talking about "Bush republicans". Before Bush republicans served some use in our government, they protected our civil liberties and had sound economic policies. Bush spends 20% more than ANY president in the history of our Nation- and people say "yeah Bush yeah Bush without understanding THAT AMERICAN TAXPAYERS ARE THE ONES THAT ARE EVENTUALLY GOING TO PAY. Think about that, $1 trillion.

And these same people don't realize the consequences of our government having too much power. This nation was founded on the belief that governments are created between men to ensure that every person is ensured his inalienable rights to life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness/ property (depending on whether you listen to Jefferson or Locke) and that if the people were to become unhappy with their government then it is their civil duty to overthrow it. Hence all governmental positions are either directly voted on by the people or appointed by elected representatives, and in any case none are permanent (except Supreme Court seats which are nominated on by the elected president and then voted on by the house and senate).

Anyway, thats why a like dems. They may be in with the unions in terms of economic policy, but in the end they're doing whats right for America.

DEAN 2004. Lieberman is possibly worse than Bush if thats possible to believe, he combines democratic economic policy with Republican social policy. And i don't trust Clark. He was a rep right up until he started running for president as a dem... wtf. And the others... Gephardt is a communist, Kerry is... nothing.... Edwards is nothing.... and the others are so nothing that I'm bot even gonna name them.

And the only reason why I wouldnt vote libertarian is that they are a little too "free". By that I mean that libertarians hold that whatever is good for corporations is good for the people. They basically say that people vote with their money, and that if they (for example) buy a product from a company that pollutes the environment then they are saying that they don't care about that specific environmental pollution. There are at least 3 things wrong with this theory:
(A) This assumes that the company is not a monopoly and that the consumer actually has a choice as to which company he or she wants to buy from.
(B) This assumes that the person (or even the public as a whole) is aware of the company's trangressions (in this case, pollution).
(C) This assumes that the consumer is educated or informed enough to understand the consequences of the transgression.

When you start having markets that are ridiculously free, the best interests of the people obviously aren't protected. its starts to become more and more like the royalty-based systems of old in that large corporations have all the power, that there is a LARGE lower class with significantly lower standards of living then other classes, and that these trends start getting divided up by family lines. For example, a libertarian belief is that schooling should be completely left to the private market and that government-built businesses (such as libraries and museums) that can't stand on their own commercial revenues shouldn't be built (or really built at all).

I can't really believe in this because I believe that schools and other educational institutions should serve as the great equalizers. All people should have equal access to knowledge. Thats why I believe that the federal government should stop spending money on crappy "pork projects" (as John McCain, R) would call them, and spend 20x as much as it is currently spending on public schools (and it currently spends pretty much nothing, some comes from state, most from local taxes).
Old 01-12-2004, 09:29 PM #19
Carnifex

The economy is looking up.

Banning 3rd term abortion is a good thing, except for when it's illegal for the mother.

Iraqi war is liberating an oppressed people.

You're right on the deficit.

School vouchers aren't a bad thing.

Originally posted by terry_wendel
I jizzed on my teachers face. Long story short; I won't ever eat Taquitos again.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:31 PM #20
waveryth3m
Banned

waveryth3m is a Supporting Member
Getting Bush out of office is all I care about.

Edit- that was a stupid thing to say. I would reply about the topics I used in debate today on this subject, but I dont care what most of you think, because your opinions are biased and unfounded.
Old 01-12-2004, 09:32 PM #21
zack

Carnifex:
looking up compared to WHAT!?!

perhaps, but it sets a TERRIBLE precedent

no it was about WMD and a threat to the united states, neither of which panned out so he changed his story

damn straight he is

how bout puting it into the public school system instead?