PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-14-2004, 01:17 PM #22
lil_wick
meh

has been a member for 10 years
my dm4 hasnt had 1 problem after the 2 1/2 months ive had it.

Dude go Viking, shot my teammates and it's sweet.

Feedback
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2004, 02:10 PM #23
Multi
Gimped

Multi is a Supporting Member
Viking. They're very reliable and will work in clutch time when you don't have the time to fix your DM4 no matter how long it has been since you last used it. I've owned one before and is the most reliable marker I've owned, never broke down on me. And if there's an off chance it does, AKA's lifetime warranty will take care of you. I loved my Viking and Excal but the feeling of the trix is worth my time. Sure Shockers are simple but they break down way more often. More than matrices that's for sure. If you need to fix your backup it kind of defeats the purpose of a backup IMO. I'd just freaking fix the DM4 instead. I'd get the Viking for backup, or another DM4 rather than a Shocker.

Just my 2 cents.

Feedback
Old 07-14-2004, 02:55 PM #24
Oc_rage (Banned)
Big Beats and Bass

Oc_rage is a Supporting Member
u alrady kno my answer and why would u even bother with the shocker uve seen how many problems Jeremy and everyone is haveing Get a Viking omar but the only thing is there like 900 now. or u can gust get a Evil Pimp? if u dont want to buy another DM4
Old 07-14-2004, 03:08 PM #25
HiddenFile (Banned)
Banned

What the Hell are you guys talking about, Viking too expensive? You can buy stock black ones used for $700 now. That's less than a Vision Shocker, and you get better eyes (not to mention better build quality, more efficiency, and a faster rof).
Old 07-14-2004, 03:09 PM #26
SLUHStud

That would be my main vote, get a second Dm4, thats what i did, its great to know i can reach into my bag and get the second one out and use the same gun if i want.

Pat

Become who you were born to be. . .
Old 07-14-2004, 03:13 PM #27
painball_3000314
RAWR

painball_3000314 is a Supporting Member
painball_3000314 helped look for balloons
painball_3000314 supports our troops
painball_3000314 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally posted by BigDep
no viking. to expensive. your not looking for a #1 gun, you want a back up gun. vikings are to expensive for back up guns, no one has a clue who makes them or how to work on them, and they are complecated as hell, shockers are so simple, anyone who can fingerpaint can work on them, SP can fix it if the worst happens, shockers have a solenoid, board, and bolt kit... u don't get much simpler than that.
Oh yea, I sure don't know who makes them, oh yea, AKA, thats right. Oh yea, also the liftime warentee on them sucks! I hate having lifetime warenties, I also hate easy mantainace, and great efficiancy. No need for everyone to know how to work on a Viking, they rarely go down. Another thing, the AKALMP forum will help you, if you ask a question that has already been asked, they wont say "search you retard" they will help. Yea, your right, I guess Vikings suck .
Old 07-14-2004, 03:17 PM #28
flatbroke#5

get a viking

get a viking they are the most reliable gun my whole team shoots them, they arent that expensive they sell them on ontargetentertainment.com check it out they arent that expensive and they will never brake down on you and you have lifetime warranty on it so you can just send it back to aka, they dont make vikings anymore but they still fix them. Shockers have to many problems with them. Vikings shoot really fast, and they are smooth in my opion i say go with a viking **** smartparts. The base shocker is 700 i belive and the vision is 800 something and then you will want to buy a good bolt kit for them and that will just be more money, u can buy an 04 viking i belive that has eyes and a pandora board which is amazing for 920 which is not a bad deal and it comes with a new trigger.
AKA all the way
Old 07-14-2004, 03:44 PM #29
Tedrzz

Tedrzz is a Supporting Member
Quote:
the viking is based off of an old impulse design, thats why its so big.
What crack are you smoking? The Viking is a pyramid design (like an Angel) and the Impulse is a stacked design. Impulses were never pyramid designed guns.

P.S. Get a Viking HANDS down. The shocker won't be much of a backup gun when it breaks down on you! The Viking is a tank. It will never break down on you.

That was after I wiped most of it off too. That tournement field had at least 3 inches of mud on the entire field. It sucked. My Viking still shot through the other team like a hot knife through butter.

P.S. Dan Voils (AKA Master Tech and Auctionjunkie! on PBN) submerged a Viking underwater and put it under full-auto mode(Damn super-secret boards ) and the Viking shot for 11 full minutes. The reason it stopped shooting was because too much water got in the ram, so it couldnt strike the valve anymore. He then took the gun apart and let it dry for a day (including the board) and it worked PERECTLY after that

Last edited by Tedrzz : 07-14-2004 at 03:51 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:52 PM #30
flatbroke#5

viking

i am not sure how they still sell them, but the warranty on the viking if forever and i am not sure how long the shockers is. The chances of having a 0 ring on the field in your pocket is not likely, plus u couldnt disasemble the gun and put a new one on and start playin before you got shot(highly unlikely). The Viking is a lot more accountable than the shocker and yes the shocker is light but they stuffed everything it that small peice of **** so when you take it apart to clean it or fix it u dont know wut the hell your messin with. The air effiency on a viking is amazing and a shockers sucks. I would say they shoot about the same in my opion have shot both, but the viking shoots a lot faster now that they also came out with the pandora board, but i am not sure wut they have come out with smart parts boards.
AKA all the way
Old 07-14-2004, 05:59 PM #31
NeoWulf

Viking

They are great you don't need to go with an 04 it is only a little smaller and lighter. plus you can pick up an 03 for 700 - 750 with was & eyes and maybe some other ups. I've used both Shockers and vikings ... the viking is a much better back up marker for sure, plus it is a faster one hands down ...

PEace
Old 07-14-2004, 06:43 PM #32
Multi
Gimped

Multi is a Supporting Member
Quote:
they do hold up well when they get alll muddy, i saw this first hand at my local field. i said they were BASED off an old impulse design, i did not say that they WERE totally an impulse design. they couldn't make it a stack like an impulse, or smart parts would have taken the company instead of shutting down the viking.
Do you have a source to this claim? Because I highly doubt this is true. Did you know that Impulses were original based off old B2Ks? It's not about patent issues that AKA made their Vikings a pyramid tube design. If anything it might have been based off the Angel.

Feedback
Old 07-14-2004, 06:55 PM #33
Tedrzz

Tedrzz is a Supporting Member
I agree with Multi. AKA just liked the Pyramid design better than the stacked design, and SP doesn't have a patent on the design either.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:28 PM #34
oledude

I would recommend the Viking, if you shoot one, you would know.
I've been usings since Feb. and have had no problems at all, just put AKA oil in line to Sidewinder and cycle through and your done.
Then during winter send to a tech like DBN for cleaning and o-ring replacement and your good for another year.

Check out the B/S/T section of the AKA forum. There are lots of reasonably priced markers. Also, AKA markers seem to get better with use - they have a long break-in period. I am very happy with my black 04.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:14 PM #35
team delirious

Quote:
Originally posted by dm4*gurl
because if u hav a dm4 and a trix u will never play even though i hav owned a matrix and i own a dm4 now they are very tempermental guns...sumtimes they will work while other times they wont...if u hav those two guns i can almost guarentee u will hardly ever play due to marker failure
I had both(traded the LCD for an angel) and both worked perfectly all the time. I just pulled them out and aired them up. I even loaned out the LCD to people that had no experience with a matrix before and they didn't have trouble either.
Old 07-16-2004, 02:00 AM #36
Matrixripper
Original Gangsta

rtrtr

get any other kind of matrix......then you will be in the matrix nirvana(dm4/old skool trix). As for breaking down alot....treat your gun of how you want it to treat you but for now ill crawl back to the matrix forum.... :::Crawls:::
Old 07-16-2004, 08:24 AM #37
cosmec
Resident Complainer

cosmec is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by dm4*gurl
SLUHStud
if u can say that
"they arent tempermental guns, they work all the time" then u dont hav a dm4 or a matrix
if you say" your dm4 and/or matrix break all the time" then you dont know how to do maintenance
Old 07-16-2004, 07:07 PM #38
thetalkinggoat

ok, first off I have no idea where you got this old impulse design stuff the orginal design was actually a mod kit for a spyder, secondly oh holy crap it has a ram, have you ever seen the inside of a viking? it has a ram in the back on one side an lpr on the front of the other and the rest is........ dead space the bolt itself on the top portion is a pull pin wow that's really hard to remove. the only problems you would ever have is a reg breaking or a solinoid or a board frying, all of which could also go wrong on a shocker as well. Regs: if you know how to fix a reg you can fix the regs on a viking they are all pretty much the same. There are a total of like 6 orings that are all on non moving parts so there is no reason they would ever break unless you break them while taking them apart. so end result is that a viking actually has less parts that need matinence/break than the shocker because you actually will need to replace the orings on the shocker. so unless you get a crap board or solinoid then which can happen with any gun and is rare then you won't really have a problem that can not be fixed by some one with a little expirience in repairing regs.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:42 PM #39
phenom4286
i wish i had an avatar

ok, if you wanna have a backup gun, why would you want a backup gun that goes down alot. the reason why i would use a backup is if my orignal gun goes down and i would be even more pissed off if my backup gun goes down.

also, the viking doesnt chop. almost all the shockers ive seen have massive chopping issues. also, the maxflow's on the newer shockers have massive amounts of problems as well.

although the shockers are a tiny, light gun, i found it very hard to aim with. i dont mind carrying the extra pound and a half. when i was running thru on people, it was the best gun, but other than that, i found myself getting frustrated with its effiecienty and chopping. i had to walk off of too many games because i would run out of air. also, i found that the shocker had more kick than my viking and i was truly amazed at this fact. and with this, the viking cycled much smoother and faster. the shocker is fast, but not nearly as fast as a viking.

also, the only reason a viking would EVER go down is if you dont lube it. as long as you put a few drops of oil in the macro, nothing can go wrong. the ram, lpr, and reg will always stay lubed so you will never have any problems.

after playing 3 weeks in a row with the shocker, and owning a viking for about 9 months now, ive had a problem with the shocker all 3 times and only 1 with my viking which is where i messed up and fried the old nelson board(old board). the problems i had with the shocker was regulator messing up 2 times, and i had to use someones CP reg, and other time, i was having MAJOR flucations in velocity. overall, i would get a viking.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:00 PM #40
grizzy114

i would definatly go with a viking as well. I have had one for a little over a year now and the only times the gun ever went down were the two times that the hammer came uscrewed from the ram because there wasnt any locktight on it. This was easily fixed with a toolkit at my local shop. The main difference i must say between the two guns is the fact that Smart Parts doesnt put the same tender loving care into every one of thier shockers like AKA does to every one of thier markers. Everything on the viking is thought out and solid, and in all these guns are meant to last. On the field i abuse the hell out of the guns i use and with the type 3 anno and solid engineering... my viking doesnt have a single scratch. Anno on alot of shockers is all messed up.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:46 PM #41
parsa

I have owend many electric guns and I have never had a gun that worked as well as my viking. I have played with dm4s, upgraded lcd matrixes, a 2003 shocker and they still do not compare to a viking. If the viking was based off the impulse, why are the vikings so much more consistent and get 2000 shots or more off of a 68/4500 tank. Btw, vikings do not need to be upgraded at all. Vikings and excaliburs have all of the best parts made by aka like the tornado, lightning bolt and sidewinder already installed. There is no need to upgrade it.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:49 AM #42
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
The viking is actually closer to an Angel than an Impulse.