PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 02-28-2002, 08:42 PM #1
blackrob3801

has been a member for 10 years
Question low pressure chamber

what are the advantages of getting a shocktech low pressure chamber for a spyder. do i have to change any stock items on my gun to convert it over?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2002, 09:20 PM #2
Black Ice 72
Banned

I believe you can just replace the front cap with it and you are set... I may be wrong though, never owned a Spyder. That's just how I did it on my gun.

It will simply lower your operating pressure and make your gun a little more efficient with air.
Old 03-01-2002, 03:22 PM #3
excess enemy

its only needed if you want to turn your spyder lp (low pressure).
unless you want to go lp dont worry about it.
Old 03-02-2002, 05:34 PM #4
sp|2ay & P|2ay

ONly get the low pressure system only if you are getting nitro if not then dont worry about getting it K instead of getting low pressure maybe get a drop foward and a GAS grip for the gas to get to the chamber easier!
Only Angels Shall FLY!!!!!Woot
Old 03-02-2002, 05:38 PM #5
PBWannaBe
R3dm4n

lol duh! he already has gas thru grip drop forwards are pretty useless it just makes ur gun bigger and heavier they are really only needed if ur making ur gun from a vert bottle feed to a b/l feed
Old 03-02-2002, 06:04 PM #6
Black Ice 72
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by PBWannaBe
drop forwards are pretty useless it just makes ur gun bigger and heavier they are really only needed if ur making ur gun from a vert bottle feed to a b/l feed
Well people prodominantly use bottom lines. Drop forwards are not big or heavy. Maybe they will make your gun taller but that is not bad.

I would rather not have a huge tank over my shoulder or my arms way out and my tank against my shoulder. Drop forwards are a life saver for me. They also help me to get in and out faster when snap shooting and when tucking.

But, I am getting off topic.
Old 03-02-2002, 07:11 PM #7
Purdue00

putting a Low Pressure Chamber (correctly called an Air Reservoir, "Low Pressure Chamber" is very misleading) on your spyder does not make it operate at lower pressures or more efficient unless you are using a low pressure valve (does not include a "Turbo Valve"), and a regulator. the only thing it does is increase the volume of the air chamber...and a small air chamber at 800psi is the same as a larger chamber at 800psi.

if you want to go LP on your spyder you would need:

-Low Pressure Valve (i.e. AKA Tornado Valve)
-Regulator (any brand)
-LP Chamber

Low pressure will work with either CO2 or Nitrogen, but Nitrogen runs no risk of hurting the LP Valve like CO2 could.

Ben North
www.purduepaintball.com
Old 03-02-2002, 09:16 PM #8
Black Ice 72
Banned

yeah, you are going to want a guage somewhere in there, too. So many regs and low pressure chambers, you better know what your putting into the gun.