Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-15-2004, 01:38 AM #22
maskedpenisfromvenus

maskedpenisfromvenus is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by jdp72
I'll respect the first year thrown together factory team over Dynasty...

Map Chimm is a jerk for wiping, and the crowd had every right to BOO him.

I guess this is why Paintball hasn't gotten any bigger, so many cheaters out there. So until there is a better, fail system way to mark people so that they can't cheat this sport will not progress past the cheaters...

As a spectator, who wants to watch a sport where people cheat?

I RESPECT people that play with honor:
http://www.fredbowen.com/c060801.htm
http://www.golfweb.com/u/ce/multi/0,...488315,00.html
besides salm (who is still trying to salvage his damaged reputation) Map is the nicest pro i've ever met. He hands newbies who have never played before his timmy full of paint to play for a game or two. Gives away tons of stickers, one of my buddies has lil drew's headbands that map stole from him before he died.

that's just an example of the profesional mindset. look at the super 7 on fox sports net. watch everyone closely, see when the back on BE all stars grabs his pants and shakes it for no apparent reason? wipe. see when Agnel dives in the snake, i see 3 seperate splats from his head, he walks off with two on him.

Marcus Nielson is hailed as one of the greatest ballers ever and he is one of the biggest cheaters you'll meet.

and the gold thing: well, all i can say is apples to oranges.

Last edited by maskedpenisfromvenus : 08-15-2004 at 01:43 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2004, 02:10 AM #23
jdp72

Would you respect a "nice" guy who cheated all through high school and college to get into Med School. Let's also say you never cheated (I know that might be a TOTAL STRETCH) and you are on the waiting list and never get in???

How would you feel if he later became a surgeon and was scheduled to operate on your son?

But hey he can't be all bad... He let me use his Timmy in a game... It even had a hopper full of paint... What a swell guy!!!
Blue & (2)Smoke Halo B/Rip Drive/Victory Board, Smoke Empire B2, & (2)EggII Z-Board
HPA - (2)45ci/(2)68ci/91ci 4500 psi Tanks
Old 08-15-2004, 03:32 AM #24
Bobeo
-Life Is Good-

LOL I hate cheaters. If you cheat at a sport that has a position that people look up to it is like telling them it is OK. Kids dont need that.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:25 AM #25
bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
hey JDP you sir are a retard.

there was an article in golf digest like 6 months ago or so that talked about pro golfers cheating.

there was a little deal about when the pro's mark their ball on the green with a quarter and then tap it with the putter, the putter sometimes has tape or some sticky substance on it. Then they move their putter up and tap it on the ground and it falls off closer to the hole. and this is all with tv camera's up their *****.
Plus Golf is probably one of the sports that most ppl do cheat in, so don't be throwing out any kind of links to golf.

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
Old 08-15-2004, 10:02 PM #26
jdp72

Quote:
Originally posted by bulzeye
hey JDP you sir are a retard.
I went to a 10 ten undergrad university, and a top 10 graduate program as well as finishing in the top tier of my class. I doubt my peers or my children would consider me having subpar intelligence... If you wish to swap educational references then I would be more than happy to oblige...but I would not resort to calling you a retard, as I'm sure the mere fact you are able to get onto the internet and type would clearly show you not a retard.

Paintball is absolutely NOT my life, but teaching my kids and those I come in contact with values is important. I feel that the NPPL should be a lot harsher on those that cheat, so at least others will think twice about doing so.

Like I've said before, there are cheaters in all sports and all walks of life... Maybe you will teach your kids ways to cheat, heck your very own parents could have taught you to cheat... If that is the case then I feel very sorry to you for having role models like those in your life.

My parents (as well has Bobeo's and milllions of others) have taught me to do the morale thing, to work hard and make a difference. I can definitely say that my life is going a heck of a lot better than those dirt bags who lie, cheat and steal to get ahead. I read stories about Enron executives and it makes me SICK to my stomach to think that thousands of people's lives were ill-effected by those scums of life.
Blue & (2)Smoke Halo B/Rip Drive/Victory Board, Smoke Empire B2, & (2)EggII Z-Board
HPA - (2)45ci/(2)68ci/91ci 4500 psi Tanks
Old 08-16-2004, 05:52 AM #27
Ferret_of_Doom
La vaca dice moo?

i think you guys are looking at it wrong. wiping isnt the kind of cheating you are thinking of... its more of like a penalty. in basketball, if you knock someone over who wasnt moving (charge) or forcefully hit someone (foul) its a penalty. it may have been purposeful, it may have not been, either way, the players push it until the refs notice, and then they get punishment for it.

its tough to swallow, but many of the pro teams wipe. i would say almost all of them, if not all (i cant say 100% for sure though). they dont wipe to compensate for lack of skill, they wipe because the win is that important to them. the win is more important that honor. if a pro had to jump around like a duck to distract the other team so that his team could win, he would do it even though he would probably be ridiculed for life.

for new or even moderately skilled players, i dont suggest you wipe. in your case, its compensating for skill, and it probably doesnt even matter (rec ball?). at a certain point, you can try to wipe, but you will probably be spanked.

i personally dont have a problem with wiping, if it was a lucky ball, you didnt deserve to hit the guy, if it was a skilled shot, then chances are there are 10 other balls right behind the first one.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:03 PM #28
FrOnTpLaYa97
Gar har; har har har

Thanks for hijaking my thread guys,real nice.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:04 PM #29
FrOnTpLaYa97
Gar har; har har har

Can we please get back on topic?
Old 08-31-2004, 06:02 PM #30
$TonyPizzle$
$CM$ UNIT

When I play Xball I have the sidelines coach point to Exactly where they guy is in the snake, I point my gun a the net behind him, rake my triger for like 5 secs, the balls bounce around like a pinball machine til I see the sucker, come out covered, muhahahaha

"I wish I could play like that kid Tony P." =(

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=84770
Old 09-02-2004, 08:34 AM #31
aceautocooker

yea i think if you cheat you suck...plain and simple. if thats the only way you can win then you should practice more. how can you say you won if the other guy shot you first. even if you get an awsome bunker on him 5 seconds later, he still hit you 5 seconds before you hit him. you lost. it isn't hard to understand, you get hit you get out. just play the game...and cheating isn't the game. last i looked i was playing paintball
Old 09-05-2004, 07:39 AM #32
fireisgood4u
UNDERSTAND UNDERSTAND

Quote:
Originally posted by aceautocooker
yea i think if you cheat you suck...plain and simple. if thats the only way you can win then you should practice more. how can you say you won if the other guy shot you first. even if you get an awsome bunker on him 5 seconds later, he still hit you 5 seconds before you hit him. you lost. it isn't hard to understand, you get hit you get out. just play the game...and cheating isn't the game. last i looked i was playing paintball
K go to a pro website and post in the forum "You all suck plain and simple"
Old 09-06-2004, 12:20 AM #33
Entacked4501
Should be Mod

Entacked4501 is a Supporting Member
all of you who do not think cheating is bad put yourself in this situation. Its a 3 on 1 you have the numbers. One of your guys shoots the last man, the ref doesnt see it, your team thinks hes out, he wiped the hit and blew your team away while you were walking down the field with the flag, you cant get into the finals now, you worked monthes maybe even years to get there, and now you leave with nothing bc some lowlife cheated.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:47 AM #34
aceautocooker

did anyone see any of the olympics? do you guys remember any of the stupid sports? I think paintball should be in the olympics, it wont be because of the cheating...i agree that it's part of the game, but its the part of the game that is holding the sport back. if everyone would play with morals and integrity, just imagine how this sport (the same sport we all love) would take off. it could be 100% better. thats all i got to say
Old 09-06-2004, 12:47 PM #35
Sherlok

Sherlok is a Supporting Member
Sherlok has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
At my local field the netting is held down and it's pretty tight. I was watching a game once (lunch break), and there were 2 teams playing. A guy was about midway through the snake when he snapped off a few shots at the opposite 45. Once he went down, that 45 just unloaded on the net behind the snake and angled it. The guy was covered.

As far as cheating, I don't think wiping can be compared to getting a foul on purpose. I know that's a widely used trick to get when the defense picks up the ball to stop his run and let offense(now defense) adjust and get to their basket.

Wipings kinda like bribing the ref to miss a point or something. The entire premise of paintball is built on getting people out. In paintball you get a gun and shoot people out...that's the game.... the flag is merely for points, but shooting people is what paintball is.about. When you wipe that's taking away points from the other team, it's destroying the one major point of paintball....to shoot people out. It's analagous to; putting your lost pieces back half-way through a chess game, or if u push the ball back up through the net after the other team scores (ref doesn't call it), picking up the puck in hockey and throwing it in the goal, or running a soccer ball down a field football style.

It's more like being that kid in 6th grade gym class that doesn't go out when you hit him in dodgeball, or doesn't freeze in freeze tag.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:47 PM #36
cerberus14
...The Horror, The Horror

i would love to say that i have never wiped in a game. but i cant, i've given in to the temptation on a few occasions. but on most occasions i swallowed my pride and walked off the field. i have no respect for people who consistently cheat, and find it hard to respect myself after i have. no one is perfect, but we should at least strive to be.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:48 PM #37
cerberus14
...The Horror, The Horror

As far as this original thread goes, i will definitely try to bounce off the net from cross field next time i'm in a position to do so