Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-12-2004, 07:30 PM #1
FrOnTpLaYa97
Gar har; har har har

has been a member for 10 years
Net bouncing

Do you ever try to bounce paint off the netting to hit someone in front of you when you can't get a normal shot on them?One day i was playing and me and this one guy in my mirror were snapping back and forth.he could hit me by snapping so he started bouncing them off of the netting(we were on the tape).they actually came close to hitting me a couple times.Not sure they would have broke unless they hit my hopper but it's kind of cool.I had never seen someone do that before.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 PM #2
pb2xtrms
smokin

pb2xtrms is a Supporting Member
most likley wouldnt bresk even if they hit your hopper cuz the netting is so lose that it absorbs most of the energy in the ball so it slows down an *** load.

"Originally posted by I love Impulses:
This may be the alcohol talking, but I can still spell and use proper verb conjugation, so I think I am clear."

"Originally posted by Worr, the wee tot.: That's it, hand in your testicals and walk quietly back to your room."
Old 07-12-2004, 09:48 PM #3
ISeeTheLightItBurns
Anti-Leet

If you can bounce em off other bunkers why not netting?

Cyborg>everything else.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:38 PM #4
pb2xtrms
smokin

pb2xtrms is a Supporting Member
because the netting is so lose. They can be pushed very easily. I know that airball bunkers can be pushed in but it take effort. the wind can push the netting so it takes no efort at all and it is a much bigger surface area therfore it absorbs the force. in plain english, the netting is too lose to get any bounces. SOMETIMES you can get em but mostlikely no.

"Originally posted by I love Impulses:
This may be the alcohol talking, but I can still spell and use proper verb conjugation, so I think I am clear."

"Originally posted by Worr, the wee tot.: That's it, hand in your testicals and walk quietly back to your room."
Old 07-15-2004, 12:34 AM #5
Sh0ck3r_B0y

i have done it before
it might not bounce and then break on some one
but when u have balls bouncing off you left and right and the refs checking u every second
it can get very anooying
Old 07-15-2004, 01:23 AM #6
pbmercury

net boucning is a good idea, cuz look, if a ball hits you off the net, your going to be paranoid and move a little bit to the left or right or back, if you have a guy on the other side of the feild, theres your pinch.

Team Enigma
Dye Matrix 5 (Blk/Cblt)w/Mushashi
Old 07-16-2004, 02:36 PM #7
FrOnTpLaYa97
Gar har; har har har

Hmmmm,didn't think about it that way.Cool idea,i'll try it.
Old 07-16-2004, 07:57 PM #8
DyeGurl
Curl Up With Dye

yea, i have seen this, but it usually never works, most bounces, but i guess u will have to try and see one day!
Old 07-17-2004, 12:51 AM #9
FrOnTpLaYa97
Gar har; har har har

lol,you like the second person i've seen with that in your sig.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:42 PM #10
jakovasaur
Worst. Avatar. Ever.

Its happend to me a couple of times, and it really pissed me off so i just wiped and continued on with the game.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:25 PM #11
maskedpenisfromvenus

maskedpenisfromvenus is a Supporting Member
just bounces off. only once did i get someone (i was on a 99 foot long field mind you) and i bounced it off my bunker (on accident), then it bounced off the net and hit a ref. Gogged him too.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:46 PM #12
FrOnTpLaYa97
Gar har; har har har

lol
Old 07-21-2004, 01:46 AM #13
maskedpenisfromvenus

i though it was funny too till he pulled me for blind firing. I told him it wasn't blind, i clearly saw the paintball hit him, but that didn't make matters any better.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:02 PM #14
jdp72

Quote:
Originally posted by jakovasaur
Its happend to me a couple of times, and it really pissed me off so i just wiped and continued on with the game.
Why even play paintball if you are just going to cheat?

NPPL Rules clearly state "if the paint marking is reasonably solid, and at least the size of a quarter it will be considered a valid hit." It does not matter if it bounces off the bunker, the ground or the net first...as long as the ball bounces or deflects and does not break on that object first then it is a clean hit. WIPERS SUCK!
Blue & (2)Smoke Halo B/Rip Drive/Victory Board, Smoke Empire B2, & (2)EggII Z-Board
HPA - (2)45ci/(2)68ci/91ci 4500 psi Tanks
Old 08-14-2004, 03:11 AM #15
pac man 510

jdp72-quit crying. CHEATERS LIVE LONGER!!!!! and i hope you dont think the pros dont cheat......because all of them do.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:18 AM #16
pbfreak247#2

all pros cheat...but i dont wipe at all....ill play on with unobvious hits or wipe like its off my arm or hopper with the bunker..or just slide to get them off....but i dont do that much ne way
Old 08-14-2004, 03:32 PM #17
jdp72

Quote:
Originally posted by pac man 510
jdp72-quit crying. CHEATERS LIVE LONGER!!!!! and i hope you dont think the pros dont cheat......because all of them do.
Yeah some do cheat, just like in all sports, but no one respects the one's that do. I know that most pro's do NOT cheat, and that is what this game is about. INTEGRITY, doing what is right and playing by the rules.

I've seen plenty of pro golfers who could have easily cheated to get ahead but don't...and trust me they would have gained a lot more in one stroke monetarily than any pro paintballer in a whole years worth of playing.

Sorry if some of you guys don't believe in this and you are ruining it for everyone else who is honest.
Blue & (2)Smoke Halo B/Rip Drive/Victory Board, Smoke Empire B2, & (2)EggII Z-Board
Old 08-14-2004, 03:34 PM #18
FrOnTpLaYa97
Gar har; har har har

Besides,the reffs are usually on top of you anyways .It's alot harder than just taking your hand and wiping off the paint.You just gotta kinda hide and ignore most hits.And yes,all the pros cheat,stop crying.
Old 08-15-2004, 12:23 AM #19
jdp72

Quote:
Originally posted by FrOnTpLaYa97
Besides,the reffs are usually on top of you anyways .It's alot harder than just taking your hand and wiping off the paint.You just gotta kinda hide and ignore most hits.And yes,all the pros cheat,stop crying.
HAHAHAHA!!! The only ones that thing ALL pros cheat are the one's that cheat when they play.

That's sad that you think you HAVE to cheat in order to win. Here's a new thought... WHY NOT IMPROVE YOUR SKILLZ?!??!!?

Do you guys actually feel good about yourselves when you know you had to cheat to win??? Or worse yet, do you cheat and still lose...and then blame it on the other team for cheating more???

Sad, sad, sad... So when is it whining to ask others to follow the rules???

I'm probably speaking to the FAT kids in gym class that had to double dribble to make a basket, or trip kids to make the tackle... Sheesh just play by the rules, I can't believe people have a problem with that...
Old 08-15-2004, 12:40 AM #20
maskedpenisfromvenus

Quote:
Originally posted by jdp72
HAHAHAHA!!! The only ones that thing ALL pros cheat are the one's that cheat when they play.
thats sad, heres some interviews i've read recently

"one ball's nothing, you cant just hit them once. People ***** about overshooting, but when your opponent will wipe 10 of the 20 you put on them, you gotta light them up."
-Zach Long

"Cheating's the game, people whine but you give me a pro team that doesn't wipe, and i'll bet everything they are a first year thrown together factory team."
-Alex Fraige

and personally talking:

"I was all light up on my pants and i looked over the ref think 'oh ****, oh ****' but he was looking the other way so i wiped it quick without even hiding. The crowd booed, but that was 1 more point for us."
-Map Chimm
Old 08-15-2004, 01:30 AM #21
jdp72

I'll respect the first year thrown together factory team over Dynasty...

Map Chimm is a jerk for wiping, and the crowd had every right to BOO him.

I guess this is why Paintball hasn't gotten any bigger, so many cheaters out there. So until there is a better, fail system way to mark people so that they can't cheat this sport will not progress past the cheaters...

As a spectator, who wants to watch a sport where people cheat?

I RESPECT people that play with honor:
http://www.fredbowen.com/c060801.htm
http://www.golfweb.com/u/ce/multi/0,...488315,00.html