Do you think the NXL teams will upset the present champs in Denver - Page 3 - PbNation
Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-12-2004, 06:26 PM #43
IanR
Shoot.Kill.Win.

has been a member for 10 years
My honest opinion...

I think Dynasty will rise to the occasion and take this event. Why? because thats what they do best. This is thier format and they are coming off a big win in toulouse. So I just have a feeling they might take it to prove the critics who think they can't compete with the NXLers and Ex NXLers (which they do BTW)
After that its hard to tell. I mean there are so many great teams there I think anyone of them could take it. But here are my predictions

1st Dynasty
2nd Avalanche
3rd Bobs Men
4th Arsenal or XSV or Infamous

Slowly getting back into paintball...
Old 07-12-2004, 06:54 PM #44
BLUEWAVE sc
super homie

^ got a good point.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:58 PM #45
Tedrzz

Tedrzz is a Supporting Member
It's going to be very different for all of the teams because of the altitude.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:09 PM #46
Dubels
Wa?

BL Ironmen/ Assassins. ALL THE WAY.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:50 PM #47
hybridd11
kracker

no one gives shock credit, why?...

shock gets atleast third...
Old 07-12-2004, 08:52 PM #48
turbulenceBACK
Turbulence Captain

It's gonna be tough, but Dynasty will finish top 3 if they don't win.

Wait till you hear the big news about XSV

www.poopegifts.com
Play Scrabble Online
Play Bejeweled 2 Online
Old 07-12-2004, 08:53 PM #49
friday_juice
Banned

friday_juice is a Supporting Member
ya XSV is gonna win denver
Old 07-12-2004, 09:23 PM #50
misterwaterfallin (Banned)
It's killin time

it'll come down to who has a good day, all of the teams r kick *** teams
Old 07-13-2004, 12:06 AM #51
bub

nxl teams are going to take the top three positions sorry but the other teams are no contest for these guys.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:06 AM #52
bub

nxl teams are going to take the top three positions sorry but the other teams are no contest for these guys.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:38 AM #53
RMartin
I <3 My Arm Band

"shock gets no credit, why?"

cause they almost always perform their best during world cup, not during the rest of the season so no one ever really pays them the most attention, eventhough theyre almost always dangerous (admittedly they run hot and cold pretty unpredictably).

also, after last season they lost martinez and cuba, probably their two biggest rock star players.

also, someone on the first page of this thread recalled the dynasty-shock rivalry. im praying that some good soul records this game so i can get my hands on a copy.

World Cup 01, dynasty getting the scores changed after the games over (which is agains the rules if i recall) taking Aftershock's chance for the full sweep that year (5 man cup, 10 man cup, and series title, which shock had 2/3's of, and wouldve had if they had taken cup)
Mardi Gras 02 (which, if anyone can fill me in on, i saw the tape, but i wasnt sure exactly what happened, dmw?)
and world cup 02. if shock can adjust to 7 man solidly, it could be quite a show.

yes, im a shock fan.
and if they dont win, i wanna see the LA Men take it (i like dye teams) or bobby's men, cause seeing as how i dont recall them ever winning a 10 man pro event and only a few milleniums, i think they deserve a big win stateside.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:51 AM #54
Nice Shot

you guys have to be kidding me about bob's team winning. without bob coaching they are nothing! they are all drones and cant think for themselves, watch them get mowed along with the other nxl teams except infamous.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:07 AM #55
friday_juice
Banned

friday_juice is a Supporting Member
so i assume that "the men" are the LA Ironmen?
Old 07-13-2004, 11:10 AM #56
spyderfreak16
*~_207_~*

1. Infamous
2. Arsenal
3. Naughty Dogs
4. Ironmen

I dont think Dynasty will break top 4. They used to come in to every event knowing that they had already won. Times are a changing, the competition is getting way more competitive. I think that this will mess with Dynasty's head some.

BTW.. I'm a True Colors fan.

Don't know who they are? Give it a year you will...
While you wait though check out Division 2..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You are, so to speak, the brute existance by which they define themselves." -John Gardner
Old 07-13-2004, 12:14 PM #57
Takedown

Takedown is a Supporting Member
Takedown is a Professional paintball player
Takedown is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally posted by Nice Shot
you guys have to be kidding me about bob's team winning. without bob coaching they are nothing! they are all drones and cant think for themselves, watch them get mowed along with the other nxl teams except infamous.
The guys Bob is taking to Denver are not "drones" they've been playing 10 and 7 man for years prior before XBall came out. You can't tell me that Bob, Arnold, Q, LJ, Mark, Ron, Kevin, Zach, etc are drones. Those guys know the game, they have won 7-man many times and they were a force in 10-man.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:32 PM #58
DRIVEN MJ23
I like stuff

This pro division is too close to call...too many great teams. I would say that the favorite is dynasty..they took it to all these teams in every format whether it be practice or a tournament. Bob has a great team but they haven't played 7-man in a long time. Shock isn't the aftershock of old...its last years shocktech + a few old aftershock players...and some of those players have never played a 7-man event before because they were pulled off old 10 man teams straight into the nxl. The Men will be a far larger force than I think most people give them credit for..young players, all who played 7-man before stepping into the nxl towards the end of last season. Lanche, XSV and the dogs are three other power house teams that will likely do well...and of course infamous. I think the top four..in no particular order....are dynasty, infamous, Bob's team, and the Men.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:04 PM #59
He-Bunker's-noob's!
Seymour Inc.

He-Bunker's-noob's! is a Supporting Member
i think boblong's ironman is gna kick smerf *** smerf aka dynasty...lol
Old 07-13-2004, 02:09 PM #60
ps2paintball
CrackedProductions.com

Quote:
Originally posted by O_o
i want to see some of the good ol Dynasty vs Aftershock rivalry. Ah yes, 2002 Mardi Gras, good times.

I personally think Ironmen are gonna take first, then followed by either Infamous, Shock, or Avalance . .. who knows.

Hehe, I want to see Dynasty not make it to the finals.
I miss those but there baaaaaaaaaaack!
Old 07-13-2004, 02:20 PM #61
Paintslinger00

1 Infamous
2 Bobs Ironmen
3 Dynasty
4 Avalanche
5. XSV

Detroit Aftermath #00

WAS DM4 F/S
Loaded Cocker F/s Cheap
Old 07-13-2004, 02:24 PM #62
ps2paintball
CrackedProductions.com

Quote:
Originally posted by RMartin
"shock gets no credit, why?"

cause they almost always perform their best during world cup, not during the rest of the season so no one ever really pays them the most attention, eventhough theyre almost always dangerous (admittedly they run hot and cold pretty unpredictably).

also, after last season they lost martinez and cuba, probably their two biggest rock star players.

also, someone on the first page of this thread recalled the dynasty-shock rivalry. im praying that some good soul records this game so i can get my hands on a copy.

World Cup 01, dynasty getting the scores changed after the games over (which is agains the rules if i recall) taking Aftershock's chance for the full sweep that year (5 man cup, 10 man cup, and series title, which shock had 2/3's of, and wouldve had if they had taken cup)
Mardi Gras 02 (which, if anyone can fill me in on, i saw the tape, but i wasnt sure exactly what happened, dmw?)
and world cup 02. if shock can adjust to 7 man solidly, it could be quite a show.

yes, im a shock fan.
and if they dont win, i wanna see the LA Men take it (i like dye teams) or bobby's men, cause seeing as how i dont recall them ever winning a 10 man pro event and only a few milleniums, i think they deserve a big win stateside.
I like Dye its my fav Clothing/apperal company, but LA did terrible in NXL so i wouldnt put hopes up to much,besides they lost Matty, but they also got Brian Benini so idk its gonna depend...if you have read any interviews with infamous you will see that before they went right into NPPL and won tehre forst they had not had one practice b4 then, thats insane!

Bob's team is gonna do good i think they miss it all and bob/zach have there own field to at least practice for it, lol I wouldnt b surprised if they were practicing with Infamous right now...

Dynasty, your reign is over I think Dynasty can do good there just gonna have to get rid of the mind set they they allready won b4 it started and face the facts that theres some better teams now

Shock(Aftershock) has allways been a dominate team and like i htink somone mentioned b4 for somereason allways destoyes in World Cups and does average in others, They still got Ryan, Bruno, Todd, Danny, Ect. I personaly would like to see them win it but I have my money(not literaly)on BL Ironmen but shock will place, IMO

I could go on but dont feel like it, lol...but with all in all said times have changed its not the same anymore...its gonna be a close one between alot this is prob one of the most unpredictible tournys that we will ever see, (pro, wise)
Old 07-13-2004, 10:14 PM #63
NeoScoot
My Monkey Dances

the assassins are the best team in the world they have zach long and that 12 year old that bob picked up that can run circles around people

1st = ASSASSIN'S
2nd = DYNASTY
3rd = AVALANCHE
4th = XSV
My Feedback *****es
TRAUMA FAN CLUB MEMBER #122