PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-11-2004, 01:04 AM #22
bomberboys12

has been a member for 10 years
2-Stroke gives you more power, but 4 stroker is better for trail riding due to its powerband, which you can change by sprockets.

Servicehonda.com give them a e-mail and ask about parts for it.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2004, 01:55 AM #23
nickpb (Banned)

agreed 4 stroke would be alot better for trail riding. On my rm 125 you gotta constantly keep the engine revved high and hot or your gonna foul your plug like nothing
Old 07-11-2004, 03:30 PM #24
Blanko

alright, thxs for the info.

i got a few more questions....

i was looking on ebay, and i see a front frame for 75 buxs, and then a back frame for 15. and there both made from diffrent ppl. so i'm curious, if i combined the 2 frames. would i be able to move all the parts from the tlr200 into that frame? and have it all fit?
Old 07-11-2004, 05:17 PM #25
Se7en11
Superman

Holy ****, almost no one in this thread has ANY idea what the hell theyre talking about.

Im assuming this is the bike you're talking about:

First of all, did you do a once over of the bike before you acquired it? Do you have ANY idea what to look for to make sure the bike is in good condition?

Also, this bike isnt made to fall from highheights, so jumping it high isnt a good idea. Ive ridden bikes from the 70s, OLD bikes that are dual purpose bikes, and have jumped them plenty... They havent died. However, if you jump this thing higher than 5 feet, depending on how much you weigh, you're going to bottom it out. That will stress the triple clamp, and if it's not in good condition, it could rip the whole front assembly right off the bike. Ive seen it happen. So light jumping is fine. Dont plan on taking this thing to a track. Get a newer bike made for racing in order to jump.. Getting this first was a good idea though. Learn to manhandle it, and then get the race bike.

I have an XR200 as well as my race bikes, and i have to say ive beaten the HELL out of that thing, and it wont die. Including jumping 12 - 15 feet in the air and landing FLAT 10 or 20 times. Hondas are good bikes.

About the eBay auctions... Frames are one piece bro, no two. I have no idea what you're talking about. Sub frame maybe? I dont know. Link me to the auctions.

Also, good advice would be not to listen to anyone who has posted so far except nickpb possibly (dont know who else has posted).. You can trust short stroke and r1owner, as well as myself and a couple other for good info (you'll know who they are because they wont sound like theyre full of **** when they post).

If you want any information, ask me specific questions and I'll answer them.

Edit: Also, disregard everything bomberboy has said. Just from his last post i can tell the rest are full of crap.

Last edited by Se7en11 : 07-11-2004 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:37 PM #26
schutze_lee

i have a clue...and yes when i was younger i jumped my xr 100 and bottom outd a good bit i mean i bent the spokes up in the back cuz i leand back cuz i wasnt in the mood to go over the handlebars..my race bikes can handle the flat land landing but usually i dont have to worry about that cuz i usually hit the INCLINED landing part but with that it prob. will break something since its kinda old no effense....and me too 2 strokes are the ones with the powerband unless its a bigger fourstroke and then its more plain out power....usually the biggg 450's rutting the track out.....did any1 see the race yesterday...pretty good stewart cased it outa the gates and was moving up then laid it down on a soft turn..then just quit or something since his handlebars were like vines by then

el sponsoro's

Chevrolet
NotSoSeriousGear.com

-lee
Old 07-11-2004, 05:57 PM #27
Se7en11
Superman

Every engine has a powerband, it's just more pronounced in smaller 2 stroke engines, especially 125's.

Also, I dont know how your spokes got bent bro, honda puts the same DID rims on their bikes. A trail bikes rims arent going to be any less strong. If anything they should be stronger and thicker since you generally arent concerned about weight, not weaker.

I never said you didnt have a clue. You might have a clue, but have a hard time getting your point across. It's hard to comprehend what the hell you're saying sometimes
Old 07-11-2004, 06:27 PM #28
bomberboys12

Se7en11 you have never even worked on a damned bike in your life I can bet you. Id be damned supprised if you even have a bike in your garage. You are a fool. I build bikes, and quads. I have a 300ex doing over 40 Horses, without and juice. Yes that is right I built a 300cc engine to do over 40 Horses. The thing will spin its tires in every gear. 2 Strokes power bands, are more of a torquy feel, while 4 stroke power bands are smooth. Hint why every trail bike is 4 stroke?
Old 07-11-2004, 06:43 PM #29
bomberboys12

Se7en11 as for how did my post above not make sense. 2 Strokes have more power. How does a 250R beat a 400cc 4 stroke? Its because the stroke you stupid ****. A 2 stroke fires 2 times as fast as a 4 stroke. I am guessing I am going to have to go into detail about it with you because you no absolutly nothing. If you want the explenation just tell me. As for sprokets, Blanko, which that bike has unless they are shaft driven(but you can see the sprocket, so that bike is chain driven). Another thing se7en11 didn't know. With sprockets, if you put a bigger one on the front it will increase top end, therefor altering a little, where the power hits. It is opposite with the rear sprocket. The lowre you go the higher top end you get. Another thing se7en11 didn't know. Like I said if you are topping out at 60, you move the top sprocket up a tooth, it will be doing about 64-65. That means its going to need more power pull the extra tooth, therefor altering where the power hits. Se7en11 please never try to act like you know what your talking about again. Close your legs you are reaking up this place.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:46 PM #30
Blanko

heres what i was talking about when i was refering to a front frame, and a back frame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=43977

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=35608
Old 07-12-2004, 12:53 PM #31
element604
Five Iron Frenzy

Quote:
Originally posted by Blanko
heres what i was talking about when i was refering to a front frame, and a back frame.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=43977

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tego ry=35608
just stop, you think you can just buy a frame from a completely different model/manufacturer and expect everything to drop right in? i dont think for the riding your gonna do, you want a different bike.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:50 PM #32
schutze_lee

and seven11 my spokes did bend......im not fat either...since its a 4stroke 100 its not going to clear the doubles or triples.....which means hard flat ground landing....first the spokes obviously came loose from that.....and then BENT and yes bent, i think in know what bent is,not straight line u dum***

el sponsoro's

Chevrolet
NotSoSeriousGear.com

-lee
Old 07-12-2004, 01:52 PM #33
schutze_lee

and dude that frame is for a ktm.....a new ktm.....dont even think about putting that engine and components in a new ktm frame...wow blanko u can just stop talking now

el sponsoro's

Chevrolet
NotSoSeriousGear.com

-lee
Old 07-12-2004, 01:53 PM #34
schutze_lee

yes i agree with element on that comment....that thing isnt going to fulfill you wishes with jumping capablities

el sponsoro's

Chevrolet
NotSoSeriousGear.com

-lee
Old 07-12-2004, 01:55 PM #35
bomberboys12

eh Blanko is new. Blanko you also will have to mount the engine in there, and get it to fit right/balanced so just buy a pre built bike.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:15 PM #36
Blanko

theres a reason why i posted this thread, and thats cause i didn't know, thanks for the info bomber
Old 07-12-2004, 02:20 PM #37
bomberboys12

NP, if you do decide to do this pm me for help if you need it. I have built a CRF450 quad, so I will do the best I can to help you.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:24 PM #38
schutze_lee

same......o i thought u were a clueless dum-a sry dude...u can pm me with some questions......havnt build a crf450 tho i raced just about every bike tho

el sponsoro's

Chevrolet
NotSoSeriousGear.com

-lee
Old 07-12-2004, 07:25 PM #39
schutze_lee

my little mini is pretty tough i rode it through the river today....haha it was some fun stuff

el sponsoro's

Chevrolet
NotSoSeriousGear.com

-lee
Old 07-12-2004, 09:38 PM #40
Se7en11
Superman

Quote:
Originally posted by bomberboys12
Se7en11 as for how did my post above not make sense. 2 Strokes have more power. How does a 250R beat a 400cc 4 stroke? Its because the stroke you stupid ****. A 2 stroke fires 2 times as fast as a 4 stroke. I am guessing I am going to have to go into detail about it with you because you no absolutly nothing. If you want the explenation just tell me. As for sprokets, Blanko, which that bike has unless they are shaft driven(but you can see the sprocket, so that bike is chain driven). Another thing se7en11 didn't know. With sprockets, if you put a bigger one on the front it will increase top end, therefor altering a little, where the power hits. It is opposite with the rear sprocket. The lowre you go the higher top end you get. Another thing se7en11 didn't know. Like I said if you are topping out at 60, you move the top sprocket up a tooth, it will be doing about 64-65. That means its going to need more power pull the extra tooth, therefor altering where the power hits. Se7en11 please never try to act like you know what your talking about again. Close your legs you are reaking up this place.
Bomber, you're a moron.

For one, i can beat a kid on a 250 2 stroke on a 450 4 stroke any day. In fact, the 4 stroke has the ADVANTAGE. Do you not understand how this works?

Why the hell do you think 50+% of pro riders nowadays ride the 450's (AND WIN, might i add) instead of 250's in the 250 class? It's a COMPLETELY different power curve. You were right in the respect that it's much smoother, yes.

I doubt you even know the difference in the way a 2 stroke and a 4stroke work, but i cant prove that over the internet, because Im assuming you know how to use a search engine (i might be giving you more credit than you deserve, though).

Bomber, i have been racing/riding for the past nearly 20 years now, i know what the hell Im talking about. Dont try to act all high and mighty when you really dont have that much knowledge of what you're talking about, at least in this case. You little *****es are just giving misinformation.

Oh, and WHAT THE ****? 2 Strokes have a more torquey feel? Have you even ridden both before? Dont you notice that when you take off on a 2 stroke, you have to open it up a lot more kid? Since you're obviously so experienced, you OBVIOUSLY know how easy it is to bog a 2 stroke down compared to a 4 stroke. Ever notice how when you ride a 2 stroke you have to rev that ***** to the moon when the 4 strokes are cruising at much lower RPM's?

DO WE USE 2 STROKE ENGINES FOR TOWING? No! Because they have MUCH LESS TORQUE. You dont see 2 stroke ATV's outfitted with winches and that are capable of towing anything. Im beginning to think maybe your daddy builds engines, and you're taking credit for it.

Schutze, or whatever the **** your name is, it's YOUR fault the spokes bent. The ****ing spokes on any honda rim are ALL OF THE SAME STRENGTH. Why would they make weaker spokes? Do you not understand what the hell Im trying to say?

It was your fault for not taking care of the damn bike. I doubt you were jumping high enough to do that with well maintained wheels, I honestly do, because i have beat the **** out of most bikes on the market over the years, and NEVER bent a spoke from that.

In fact, i HYPEREXTENDED MY KNEES, BOTH AT ONCE, from falling from a VERY high height, and i STILL didint bend a God damn spoke. By the way, I landed flat.

Bomber, just to make sure you know, Im way more knowledgeable than you in this area. I also understand basic grammar, a skill you lack.

You guys are funny, really, you are.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:39 PM #41
Se7en11
Superman

Oh, and here's one of my 4 ****ing bikes:

Old 07-13-2004, 04:27 AM #42
bomberboys12

Se7en11, do you build bikes? That is what I thought. As for what you said. You are talking 2 differnt classes. 2 stroke class and 4 stroke class. I highly doubt you can build a bike. I built a banshee in the past couple months putting out 83 HP to the wheels. I did dyno it. I think I know quiet a bit more than you. So please just shut up.