Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-11-2004, 04:45 PM #64
Se7en11
Superman

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally posted by MaChu
Touring race history of civics? Mind if you give me a history? Is this SCCA? Which class or classes? Solo II? Street prepped? Stock? Even then, who cares? Each class has its own rules and most of the time it doesn't depend on the car because each car has its own downfalls and upsides but its mostly even, its mostly driving skills. Sure the car has a part of it, mostly reliability, how well the driver and team has built it, but you can build ANY car to the classes specs and win with a good driver.

Lets go over Hondas racing history. The only reason Honda has "countless car and motorcycle championships than any other japanese company" is mostly because of their motorcycles. If you break down their wins further and compare them to other Japanese companys in their respective classes, Honda does great in motorcycles, no doubt. But in cars...thats a different story. F1? For the most part, I believe Hondas partners in the F1 construction of the cars made them win, companys like Williams, Mclaren, etc and their drivers. And also Toyota has more F1 wins than Honda I believe.
In classes where the NSX competes...Toyota and Nissan own Honda everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.
Also where alot of Japanese companys compete, world rallies, Honda hasn't. Why? They have yet made a good AWD system for their cars.
What now, you're blaming Hondas wins on their drivers? But I thought honda got owned by toyota every race because of the car.....? Now all of the sudden it's because your comapnies pick ****ty riders and drivers?

Changing your tune now? Hmm? Mind if 90% of my entire paragraph is made up of questions? Do you? How about you answer some questions; that would be nice, wouldnt it? Is this getting annoying yet?

Also, fill me in; what cars has honda put an AWD system on? Where have they attempted to do that? Im sure Honda would race even if their system wasnt great, because that's how you learn how to better your parts, by testing them; am i incorrect? Why doesnt everyone who loses in the rally races just quit? Obviously their systems arent good enough, or are they?

Also, WHERE did you go over honda's racing history? I must have completely missed it amongst the other bull**** you wrote, musnt I?

Also, taking a look at the F1 Constructor Championship standings.....

Constructor Championship F1

174 - Ferrari

79 - Renault

67 - BAR Honda

41 - Williams BMW

32 - McLaren Mercedes-Benz

18 - Sauber Petronas

8 - Toyota

5 - Jordan Ford

4 - Jaguar Cosworth

1 - Minardi Cosworth
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2004, 05:22 PM #65
goodhead203
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by $horT_$trokE
Even though honda has countless car and motorcycle championships, more than any other japanese company?
??? honda never won jgtc biggest race in japan

im talkign non f1 cars, theie nsx is a joke every year
Old 07-12-2004, 12:56 AM #66
MaChu

First off, my last post was a rush, so let me clarify one thing. My last sentence of my second paragraph was meant to be the first on my last. Here's how it was supposed to be read:
"And also Toyota has more wins than Honda I believe in classes where the NSX competes...Toyota and Nissan own Honda everyday of the week and twice on Sunday."

Where my questions didn't get answered, but being the nice guy I am, I will answer seven11's because apparently he likes being an ***hole, just look at his sig: Go to hell. Real sign of intelligence, let me tell you.

"What now, you're blaming Hondas wins on their drivers?"
For the most part yes. Drivers are key in F1, just like paintball. You can have the lightest, fastest gun and still be a crappy player. You can have the lightest, fastest car and still be a crappy driver. Honda has always partnered with other companys for their drivers. One of their first attempts in F1 back in 1960 something through 1973, saw them land 4th through 9th, until their return partnership with Williams-Honda where they did a whole lot better. Same goes with their winning streak with Mclaren in the late 80's, early 90's, and recently with British American Racing. Now at first BAR didn't have the greatest drivers which showed when in their first two years with Honda, they had to drop some guy named Jacques Vellenueve(sp?) who was the former F1 champion sometime in 1998? Again, bad driver with good car doesn't equal wins. When they replaced him with a team of good drivers, they started winning. Good driver with good car equals wins.

"But I thought honda got owned by toyota every race because of the car.....? "
BAR has better drivers, same with Ferrari and Renault which they have always had for the longest time. Toyota makes a good F1 car, its just their drivers are below par.

" Now all of the sudden it's because your comapnies pick ****ty riders and drivers?"
For the most part, yes it is. See my first response.

"Changing your tune now? Hmm?"
No, not really. Honda doesn't put their F1 engines in their tuner cars, so I could car less. Their Civics, Integras, Accords, etc will always be economy cars, not race cars.

"Mind if 90% of my entire paragraph is made up of questions? Do you?"
No, not really, if you have questions, I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

"How about you answer some questions; that would be nice, wouldnt it?"
I have. Yes its quite nice actually.

"Is this getting annoying yet?
Why yes it is. Considering my last post was about 10 percent questions, and 1 percent rhetorical questions with answers following(which I used to make points You use questions to show you inability to comprehend and to have a pathetic attempt of satire). Yes it is annoying, but the post must go on.

"Also, fill me in; what cars has honda put an AWD system on? Where have they attempted to do that?"
I can remember a Civic hatch from the 80's with AWD. They have also put it on their CRV and their larger SUV which I can't remember at the moment.

"Im sure Honda would race even if their system wasnt great, because that's how you learn how to better your parts, by testing them; am i incorrect?"
Your semi CORRECT(but I understand typing errors its ok, I had one too, were not all perfect.) Honda wouldn't race their AWD system because it costs money to engineer one that could compete with the current AWD systems. They did just engineer one for the Acura luxury models that senses where more power needs to go by engaging electronic clutches to shift power. God knows how much money they dumped into that project, but I bet they won't rally because they have no desire.

"Why doesnt everyone who loses in the rally races just quit?"
Because there is always another season.

"Obviously their systems arent good enough, or are they?"
Obviously if you have a system used from 1985 and compared them to now, then yes they aren't good enough. Lots of engineering and tweaking go into car AWD.

"Also, WHERE did you go over honda's racing history?"
Mostly, just looking around using a search engine to get my info.

" I must have completely missed it amongst the other bull**** you wrote, musnt I?"
You call it bull, I call you a jack*** musn't I? Oh wait, another question...
Old 07-12-2004, 06:56 AM #67
Stongle

Quote:
Originally posted by Bombd84
for the love of god please tell me you dont think a s2k is FWD.
Not at all dude, Machu's thinks they are though
Old 07-12-2004, 12:39 PM #68
Featherlite 50
Unstoppable

Featherlite 50 is playing at Living Legends III
N/A
Old 07-12-2004, 12:54 PM #69
golfer
IMAREALTUNERLOL

in order

1. TT 92 SHO
2. 04 STi
3. Cobra stang
4. Lincoln LS
5. TT 300zx
Old 07-12-2004, 01:22 PM #70
MaChu

MaChu thinks stongle should read through the thread before post whoring!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:15 PM #71
ScarFace
BOGADY BOGADY

Quote:
In affordable price range for a teen?

1)Toyota Celica GT4(if you could find one stateside lol)
2)Nissan 240sx
3)Subaru RS 2.5 AWD
4)Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
5)Nissan Sentra Coupe(old 80's one)

Dream Tuner?

1)Nissan Skyline R34
2)Nissan Skyline R33
3)Nissan 350Z/G35 Coupe
4)Nissan Sylvia S15
5)Toyota Supra TT

Retro Tuner?
1)Toyota 2000GT
2)Datsun Sylvia
3)Datsun 240Z
4)Datsun 510
5)Toyota Celica GT

As you can tell...I don't believe in Hondas high revving, no torque, FWD crap. Not to mention I have a heart in place for Toyota and Nissan.
holy ****, i swear your dream tuner list is the exact same as what i was thinking
Old 07-12-2004, 04:15 PM #72
goodhead203
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by golfer
in order

1. TT 92 SHO
2. 04 STi
3. Cobra stang
4. Lincoln LS
5. TT 300zx

JAPANESS TUNER NOT DOMESTIC POS
Old 07-13-2004, 04:06 AM #73
Stongle

Quote:

As you can tell...I don't believe in Hondas high revving, no torque, FWD crap. Not to mention I have a heart in place for Toyota and Nissan.
Quote:

MaChu thinks stongle should read through the thread before post whoring!
And again, Stongle things Machu, should stop getting his car facts from 2 Fast 2 Furious and the Internet.

Yeah, I know the steering wheel may be on "the wrong side" over here in the UK, but I'm pretty sure Honda, didn't make the S2000 RWD for the 500 they sell per year over here.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:31 AM #74
joeman23111
# 1 stunner

joeman23111 plays in the APPA D5 division
Re: your favorite japaness tuner car top 5

Quote:
Originally posted by goodhead203
i know we got some tuners in here if money/ avaliablity was no object what would u get?

me im torn use to love r34s but those new wrx are pure sex

so mine is...

1)wrx sti
2)r34
3)350z
4)s2000
5)supra

typical.........

1) 1986 "AE86" Toyota Corolla Hatch Back
2) 1986 "AE86" Toyota Corolla Coupe
3) S15 Nissan Silvia
4) Early 90's MR2 (turbo of course)
5) RX7 FC body style....thats the old boxy ones for all you fast and the crappiest fans out there

OG SYNDICATE
-ex hogans alley factory
-ex hogans alley pod-*****es

I like expensive toys
Old 07-13-2004, 05:36 AM #75
joeman23111
# 1 stunner

Quote:
Originally posted by cosmec
your honestly trying to say, miatas can compete with ferraris?

lets be real here, sure the miata is a fun little car with nice handling, but when you spend 50k on an engine for a car that weighs very little i would expect it to get to 60 faster than mid to high 5's... no?

oh jesus, every time a handling discussion comes up someone has to say somethig about a ferrari.....

at least me and pokenose (his number4) are on the same page

OG SYNDICATE
-ex hogans alley factory

I like expensive toys
Old 07-13-2004, 07:12 AM #76
cosmec
Resident Complainer

cosmec is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by joeman23111
oh jesus, every time a handling discussion comes up someone has to say somethig about a ferrari.....

at least me and pokenose (his number4) are on the same page
oh jesus, maybe you should read a few posts before mine so you could realize why i brought ferrari into the mix...

Old 07-13-2004, 08:02 AM #77
Not a former member
Needs a team

Quote:
Originally posted by golfer
4. Lincoln LS

not domestic

and who would want to do stuff to a Lincoln LS

thats like saying... my Buick LA Sabre has like a sicc exhaust nitrous and a huge five hundred something engine that puts out 4 million horses... *****!
Old 07-13-2004, 11:09 AM #78
goodhead203
Banned

Re: Re: your favorite japaness tuner car top 5

Quote:
Originally posted by joeman23111
typical.........

1) 1986 "AE86" Toyota Corolla Hatch Back
2) 1986 "AE86" Toyota Corolla Coupe
3) S15 Nissan Silvia
4) Early 90's MR2 (turbo of course)
5) RX7 FC body style....thats the old boxy ones for all you fast and the crappiest fans out there

sorry not into older cars silvia is only one i would drive out of your list

mucho cheap to buy most of these though
Old 07-13-2004, 01:22 PM #79
joeman23111
# 1 stunner

true, but corollas in good condition are very hard to find ( on the east cost anyways) and the other ones are just cars i would love to have.

OG SYNDICATE
-ex hogans alley factory

I like expensive toys
Old 07-13-2004, 02:02 PM #80
goodhead203
Banned

? i jsut looked at a 82 corrolla w/ 41k for 400. u jsut got to look
Old 07-13-2004, 04:41 PM #81
F1VENOM

LMAO he's obviously into drifting with those selections and been watching a little too much Initial D. The AE86's were produced from 85-87 here and 83-87 in Japan. Nice selection if you were going to do nothing but drift Joeman. None of those cars are easy nor cheap if you want one with a decient body and engine. A Silvia isn't even produced here and as for a FC just ask Gotenks how easy it is to find one with decient miles.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 07-13-2004, 04:53 PM #82
goodhead203
Banned

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?act=SC&c=2

Old 07-13-2004, 04:57 PM #83
F1VENOM

Nice find, but are there really any in CT where you're at? Didn't think so =P
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 07-13-2004, 07:36 PM #84
joeman23111
# 1 stunner

85 to 87 is the year i want. trust me ive looked.

OG SYNDICATE
-ex hogans alley factory

I like expensive toys